Pro female MMA fighter to fight random internet troll today. Stream will be up

A random guy tweeted last month that any guy with no MMA training can beat up any pro female fighter. A WMMA fighter responded and they were supposed to fight today, but she got injured during training.

Injured while training, and pulls out of fight with untrained internet troll...

Right off the bat, that's not a good look for WMMA.

Could be vary dangerous for her. Some guys are naturally gifted fighters who have a lot of amateur scraps. And while that will not help when fighting a seasoned pro male it can be more than enough to beat a pro female if he also has a big size, strength and speed difference.

Unless the size difference is 50+ pounds of muscle, the dude is getting his ass kicked and it won't matter how "scrappy" she is. This like saying some who has never run track will beat a professional woman's sprinter in a race. As slow as women are compared to men, that won't happen and there are stats to back it up.

And track is a lot more about raw athleticism. Fighting involves skill. I can't believe any of you really think this dude has a chance.

In terms of muscle mass, it's like Mighty Mouse against an untrained 190lb dude. It's not competitive.

I'm not saying you're a liar, I'm saying one of the people in your story is a lair. Either the guy was trained, the girl wasn't really well trained, or a combo of both.

I assume you train? You don't have any female blues or purples at your gym that destroy every white belt guy that comes in? This literally happens every day at gyms all around the world. Your story would be quite an anomaly.

I know both people in my scenario and know neither is lying about what they knew and didn't know. I'm ok with not being believed if that's where this is going, it was years ago and it's just an anecdotal story.

I'm a bad example to use personally as I'm a giant compared to the average person in that I'm 6'3 220 (ok, 230 right now lol but ''tis the season). I wouldn't be afraid of any woman I've encountered outside of catching a charge if I was forced to do something.

Unless the size difference is 50+ pounds of muscle, the dude is getting his ass kicked and it won't matter how "scrappy" she is. This like saying some who has never run track will beat a professional woman's sprinter in a race. As slow as women are compared to men, that won't happen and there are stats to back it up.

And track is a lot more about raw athleticism. Fighting involves skill. I can't believe any of you really think this dude has a chance.

In terms of muscle mass, it's like Mighty Mouse against an untrained 190lb dude. It's not competitive.

lolwut?

I gaurentee there are college football players that never ran track and aren't pro's that could smoke pro women sprinters. There's high school stars that could too.

You're going way too overboard on this bud.

Is all of this because of that tennis movie that just came out? Battle of the sexes?

NO you are making things too basic.

How good the female is matters and trying to dumb this down like it does not, does not make sense.

lets take this to the extreme to prove that. Does simply being a pro WMMA fighter make one a good fighter? What if the woman is 0:11 in her fights? What if the guy has never had a pro fight but has training and maybe fought growing up (whether it be high school or university wrestling or Judo or Karate) and was considered one of the best who did not go pro?

Of course the competency level of the woman matters. And of course the history of the guy matters.

What we know is the guys has a massive biological advantage and in almost all cases he will be faster, stronger and more athletic in pretty much every area if he is even reasonably athletic to begin with. She CAN ONLY overcome his advantages by increasing her specialized skill areas (in this case technique) as she is still likely to be slower, weaker and less athletic.

This fight comes down to whether or not this guy is reasonably fit and athletic and how much amateur fight experience he has and how good she is at her craft and what her specialization area is. If she is mostly a WMMA stand up fighter and he was a very good amateur kick boxer he will KO her. WMMA fighers will stand their best chance against such a male if she has a Ronda type skill base and can get the fight to the ground.

And your sprinter example is a poor one. Only a tiny percent of the very best women in the world in sprinting can beat males generally. Even a grade 10 boy can compete with a top woman even though sprinting really filters the truly best women to the top. WMMA has such a broad section of women being called Pro's because anyone can be a pro just by taking a paid fight. You can literally be a waitress one day and pro the next after deciding at your boxercise class you will take a pro fight in WMMA.

The issue is cardio. Anyone that has trained knows that you gas fast without training. Striking, I would knock a bitch out. I have sparred my whole life...Maybe a Holm or Cyborg would give me hell. Rolling I would be fine until I got tired. An Armbar, or a RNC, doesn't take took much strength if it is done correctly. But size is an issue...A 135lb woman against an in shape 200lb dude has very little chance.

AFL was supposed to be the next big thing 10 yrs ago. Tara was their Ronda and she was supposes to get paid $50k per fight, which was hige back then.

I'm still rooting for the dude.

Losses to rin nakai and Roxanne Modafferi and no fights in two years. Tara would’ve got murked

I think lots of dudes project their tepid physicality on other people.

On topic , fight could go either way depending on how athletic the dude is. Far from a shoe in for the fighter , women for the most part have an anywhere from sizeable to ginormous physical gap to close.

The issue is cardio. Anyone that has trained knows that you gas fast without training. Striking, I would knock a bitch out. I have sparred my whole life...Maybe a Holm or Cyborg would give me hell. Rolling I would be fine until I got tired. An Armbar, or a RNC, doesn't take took much strength if it is done correctly. But size is an issue...A 135lb woman against an in shape 200lb dude has very little chance.

The last part of your statement -I don't think anyone is arguing that. It's similar size men/women being discussed.

lolwut?

I gaurentee there are college football players that never ran track and aren't pro's that could smoke pro women sprinters. There's high school stars that could too.

Yup. This is the type of talk that lead to all the ridiculousness of many saying it was a given Ronda would beat Floyd and acting as if Floyd had almost zero chance of winning.

Sure if Ronda got Floyd down she would likely beat him if he could not quickly muscle back up without getting caught. But that is a big IF for him to get him down. In Floyd you had arguably one of the greatest male fighters of all time in controlling range, counter striking people trying to close distance on him and his speed, timing, reflexes, balance are things that made other elite males look slow and awkward.

in Ronda you have someone who is extremely slow and hittable even by WMMA's standards when she tries to gain clinch and who historically had to tough it thru a few punches to gain clinch by walking in a straight line and hoping her opponent had zero lateral movement skills to keep range.

lolwut?

I meant dudes who don't sprint, whether on a track or not. College football and high school players sprint every day, of course they're good sprinters. Regular dudes, though? Not gonna happen.

Back