Is Tito Ortiz The Greatest LHW Champion In The UFC Now That Jones Is Out Of The Discussion?

Peaks:
Jones
DC/Shogun
Liddell/Gus
Machida
Rumble

whats the story behind this pic
https://scontent.:eek::eek::eek:c1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22894467_10155029232328388_7548577870917015766_n.jpg?oh=902d1ab484fa951abe891a049764f01c&oe=5AA17660
The story is, if I was to take a guess, is fucking.

He is one of the best light heavyweights of the night

Why is Jones out of the discussion?
Because he's not a natty boi like Jacob.

tito-ortiz.jpg

<36><36><36><36>

Maybe not record-wise, but DC beats prime Tito handily.

- Made Gay Mezger his bitch
- Beat Wanderlei to win the title; Wanderlei would go on to win his next 16 fights, only blemishes during that time were an NC against Gilbert Yvel and a draw against Cro Cop (three times his size!)
- Defended his title 5 times, against world renowed competition such as: Yuki Kondo, Evan Tanner, Elvis Sinosic, Vladimir Matyushenko, and Ken Shamrock :eek:

So... Is "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy/The People's Champ" the greatest LHW champion the UFC has ever had?

giphy.gif

Wearing_Gay_Mezger_shirt.jpg

ortiz-bader3.gif
Tito?

633.gif

Jones is still the greatest of all time and he doesn't even need the steroids, anybody who thinks he took those steroids on purpose needs a Doctor, because he's been destroying legends before he tested positive and got suspended, i don't hear anybody trashing Brock Lesnar"s legacy after he got busted, because everyone knows his giant ass can still street fight and wrestle better then most champions and this is no knock on them.

DC only has 8 fights at LHW and has lost two of them. I can’t for the life of me call him the LHW goat with that resume.
Yes but the guys he beat are all much more dangerous than any of the guys chuck or tito had to fight.

I don't even like Tito but why can't an appreciation thread of anyone ever exist before someone jumps in with a gif of them losing ?
No hespect Tito.....he ran from Liddell for 5 years.....fighting MWs(losing to some)....however, he was a better fighter than commentator.

Jones is still the greatest of all time and he doesn't even need the steroids, anybody who thinks he took those steroids on purpose needs a Doctor, because he's been destroying legends before he tested positive and got suspended, i don't hear anybody trashing Brock Lesnar"s legacy after he got busted, because everyone knows his giant ass can still street fight and wrestle better then most champions and this is no knock on them.
giphy (9).gif

No hespect Tito.....he ran from Liddell for 5 years.....fighting MWs(losing to some)....however, he was a better fighter than commentator.
Honestly tito gets a bad rap for that. this was in the lean days of the UFC,and whatever they were offering Tito to fight Chuck,he felt wasn't worth it,,as he was doing movies and other things. Of course the fans don't wanna hear it,but considering where mma was at the time its a valid concern.

Jones
Liddell
Couture
Tito

In that order

Last edited:
Tito was the real deal . That GNP was a monster.

Hope that "gay" reference to Mezger was a typo. He was every bit the warrior that Tito was, and that's saying a lot.

I dug every fight I got to see from either of those guys. They brought it.

Tito was the real deal . That GNP was a monster.

Hope that "gay" reference to Mezger was a typo. He was every bit the warrior that Tito was, and that's saying a lot.

I dug every fight I got to see from either of those guys. They brought it.
It was a reference to Tito's shirt after their rematch.

Yeah, Guy was a hell of a fighter.

Guy vs Wanderlei is a classic

Back