Is Tito Ortiz The Greatest LHW Champion In The UFC Now That Jones Is Out Of The Discussion?

Tito ducked Dana.

Therefore Dana is the 205 goat.

- Made Gay Mezger his bitch
- Beat Wanderlei to win the title; Wanderlei would go on to win his next 16 fights, only blemishes during that time were an NC against Gilbert Yvel and a draw against Cro Cop (three times his size!)
- Defended his title 5 times, against world renowed competition such as: Yuki Kondo, Evan Tanner, Elvis Sinosic, Vladimir Matyushenko, and Ken Shamrock :eek:

So... Is "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy/The People's Champ" the greatest LHW champion the UFC has ever had?

giphy.gif

Wearing_Gay_Mezger_shirt.jpg

ortiz-bader3.gif
I highly doubt Tito didn't use PEDs ever.

I don't even like Tito but why can't an appreciation thread of anyone ever exist before someone jumps in with a gif of them losing ?
Saying he is the greatest, when Chuck clearly was better is a little silly.

Nope.

I rank Liddell, Couture and DC ahead of him. Tito is top 10 maybe top 5 MMA LHW of all time though.

had pretty much three wins at LHW (Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz, Vitor Belfort). While those are three great wins, it's not enough to put him over career top LHW's (Wanderlei Silva, Quinton Jackson, Maurício Rua).

Tito was a warrior, no doubt. But Tito was, is, and always will be afraid of Chuck.

Tito would destroy Chuck if they fought today. So no to is and always will be. Chuck is a shell of himself with dementia in the near future.

Jon and Chuck have the best records, DC is the best fighter.

Tito would destroy Chuck if they fought today. So no to is and always will be. Chuck is a shell of himself with dementia in the near future.

Sure, now that Chuck is retired. But when they were matched up as coaches on TUF at the end of Chuck's career when he was well past his prime, Tito obviously wanted no part of him at all.

But yes, I think Tito is underrated today, mainly because the latter part of his career just wasn't very good, including a 1-7-1 stint leading to his being cut from the UFC. He has legit skills and was a force in his prime.

Tito was the GOAT at getting Dana's goat.

See what I did there ?

BFoBIk3.jpg

JxM2hqH.jpg

Last edited:
- Made Gay Mezger his bitch
- Beat Wanderlei to win the title; Wanderlei would go on to win his next 16 fights, only blemishes during that time were an NC against Gilbert Yvel and a draw against Cro Cop (three times his size!)
- Defended his title 5 times, against world renowed competition such as: Yuki Kondo, Evan Tanner, Elvis Sinosic, Vladimir Matyushenko, and Ken Shamrock :eek:

So... Is "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy/The People's Champ" the greatest LHW champion the UFC has ever had?

giphy.gif

Wearing_Gay_Mezger_shirt.jpg

ortiz-bader3.gif

Tito is underated.
But if were disqualifying fighters based on UDADA-

Dc is the only lhw ever to be "clean"

Tito is for sure in the discussion... anyone old enough care to explain why Tito was called Cheatoo?Why was his weight cutting called cheating

I thought Tito was called Chito because that's how Cyborg pronounced his name when he became her manager.

I thought it started as a bad pun and was pronounced "cheeto or cheese"

<Huh2>
Now i have no idea

I'm almost certain it originated from Lyoto Machida's post fight interview, after their bout back in 2008. Lyoto pronounces his name Chito due to his accent.

And he ends his interview with "thanks for Chito". I tried to find it on YT, but it isn't there. If any of you have fight pass you can view it there.

I'm almost certain it originated from Lyoto Machida's post fight interview, after their bout back in 2008. Lyoto pronounces his name Chito due to his accent.

And he ends his interview with "thanks for Chito". I tried to find it on YT, but it isn't there. If any of you have fight pass you can view it there.
This makes sense to me. Your explanation dovetails with mine nicely imo. Tito is called Chito because that's how Brazilians say his name.

If Machida said it earlier than Cyborg then he should get credit. I think Machida's mic game has always been underrated: "If you have a dream, it's impossible!".

Tito is for sure in the discussion... anyone old enough care to explain why Tito was called Cheatoo?Why was his weight cutting called cheating

Cheeto Orcheezy

Back