Fascistization of Cable News

I miss high school. His position is crystal clear in the OP. He, and the op-ed he quoted, are blaming this on Trump.
He makes no historical reference to the decline in journalistic integrity, which is rich because the op-ed, ironically, stresses the importance of that. You've clearly taken a side and aren't going to be influenced by what has actually happened here.
This is 100% incorrect, and just shows how intellectually deficient you really are. The article is pointing out the trend(media style), and how it is a danger, and using the most recent and glaring example of Trump to illustrate his fucking point you god damn, feeble minded, buffoon.

My god, this is sure a touchy subject for the people who defend indefensible media practices, both mainstream and "alternative." Holy shit lol. Homer deep dicked the psyche of the entire thread.
<BronTroll1>

Shut the fuck up and get out of my thread. You've spent about a dozen posts refusing to substantively engage in the topic. Just fuck off already.

That's right, let the emotions go to work. Eventually you'll exhaust yourself and have to start using your brain..... at least that's our hope.

This is 100% incorrect, and just shows how intellectually deficient you really are. The article is pointing out the trend(media style), and how it is a danger, and using the most recent and glaring example of Trump to illustrate his fucking point you god damn, feeble minded, buffoon.

You know I read it in a similar fashion. That you were saying the problem was giving bad ideas voice. Bad ideas like trump.

It read to me like a call to something you have spoken out against many times. It sounds like a call to fascism.

Are you a liar or stupid?

....? Are you on crack right now? Honestly, are drugs involved with your posts?

Show me where in that post I compared you to TCK, then tell me why you quoted those two posts like they contradict eachother. I'll be here waiting to laugh more.

Soon you will fuck up on third vs first person and I'm gonna laugh my ass off.

Just quit while you're only bigly behind.

...is there an adult reading group you guys can all join? Having to argue with people who barely understand the english language is hard. I can never tell when you're purposely running from the point, or you're just too dumb to understand what's said.

BUT, back to the point. If you were still insulting me, why did you say "I know I've been insulting you but"? Are you unaware the word 'but' implies what follows wouldn't be an insult? Any other basic aspects to literacy I can help you with?

You are one angry, bigoted, cisgender white privilege male asshole. Typical progressive shill, I guess.

I'm completely transphobic and think islam is a religion of garbage that shouldn't exist on this planet. I'm completely against the #metoo movement and I'm not a big proponent of welfare in general.

Tell me more about how I'm a progressive.

New here? You think this is the first alt that @HomerThompson has used? It's not. The difference here is that he got so destroyed and embarrassed so thoroughly and so quickly by posters that are superior to him that he HAD to use the alt to directly defend him. There was no guise of understanding what the fuck is occurring, on his part, just deny the exposure of being an imbecile.

LOL holy shit you're dumb. I'm J. Bernie, and I've been on sherdog almost as long as Homer has.

But yeah, everyone who agrees that CNN practices shitty journalism is an Homer alt. Makes total sense.

I like you, JopiousThompson, in spite of your faults. Your heart is pure and simple.

You know I read it in a similar fashion. That you were saying the problem was giving bad ideas voice. Bad ideas like trump.

It read to me like a call to something you have spoken out against many times. It sounds like a call to fascism.

....so it is crack.

This thread is the exact same problem as the media. Arguing about arguing. Creating the story. Manufacturing outrage. If this was your intent, well done.

....? Are you on crack right now? Honestly, are drugs involved with your posts?

Show me where in that post I compared you to TCK, then tell me why you quoted those two posts like they contradict eachother. I'll be here waiting to laugh more.

...is there an adult reading group you guys can all join? Having to argue with people who barely understand the english language is hard. I can never tell when you're purposely running from the point, or you're just too dumb to understand what's said.

BUT, back to the point. If you were still insulting me, why did you say "I know I've been insulting you but"? Are you unaware the word 'but' implies what follows wouldn't be an insult? Any other basic aspects to literacy I can help you with?

I'm completely transphobic and think islam is a religion of garbage that shouldn't exist on this planet. I'm completely against the #metoo movement and I'm not a big proponent of welfare in general.

Tell me more about how I'm a progressive.

LOL holy shit you're dumb. I'm J. Bernie, and I've been on sherdog almost as long as Homer has.

But yeah, everyone who agrees that CNN practices shitty journalism is an Homer alt. Makes total sense.

Do me a favor. Go post in the heavies or gheyburry where you belong.

GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!!!!

LEAVE HOMER ALONE.

We accidentally broke this simple bitch with simple logic and a clear understanding of extremely simple concepts. This is not OK.

New here? You think this is the first alt that @HomerThompson has used? It's not. The difference here is that he got so destroyed and embarrassed so thoroughly and so quickly by posters that are superior to him that he HAD to use the alt to directly defend him. There was no guise of understanding what the fuck is occurring, on his part, just deny the exposure of being an imbecile.
Negative.

Homer's claim is that through the both sides fallacy, which claims that opposing points of view should be given equal time, the media is increasingly damaging the democratic process through profit motives.

This shouldn't be controversial at all. The article he posted takes this a bit further, and while it's sensationalized because it begs the question of fascism, it supports its "both-sides" claims logically and consistently, using real modern examples and their consequences for illustration.

This thread is the exact same problem as the media. Arguing about arguing. Creating the story. Manufacturing outrage. If this was your intent, well done.
My intent is to have a discussion about cable news, and its corrosive influence on our society at times. I want to look at the legitimizing of Trump, and the legitimizing of new, and absurd levels of lying. But, instead, the thread is a bunch of pussies crying about me. Pathetic.

GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!!!!

LEAVE HOMER ALONE.

We accidentally broke this simple bitch with simple logic and a clear understanding of extremely simple concepts. This is not OK.

I've never seem someone so blatantly desperate to derail a thread. How many posts are you up to in this thread now?

Why Homer my friend, it appears you've hit a nerve.

What is the media? A selection mechanism. It is also what consciousness is. There are many things in this world to take in but our mind can only cover or select so much of it. That is the news too. It is a consciousness. It is a selection mechanism. Even if media doesn't lie they don't show "silent evidence". They select what they want you to see. And you know what I see? Men vs Women. Blacks vs whites. etc. That is what they are selecting.

quote-the-media-s-the-most-powerful-entity-on-earth-they-have-the-power-to-make-the-innocent-guilty-and-malcolm-x-202665.jpg

Negative.

Homer's claim is that through the both sides fallacy, which claims that opposing points of view should be given equal time, the media is increasingly damaging the democratic process through profit motives.

This shouldn't be controversial at all. The article he posted takes this a bit further, and while it's sensationalized because it begs the question of fascism, it supports its "both-sides" claims logically and consistently, using real modern examples and their consequences for illustration.
<SelenaWow>

Now 3 people have gotten it so far.

Back