New Jersey Bill to Limit Magazines to 5 rounds or less.

And then I was like Pew pew pew pew pew.... Hang on...... Aah fuck it..... Pew pew pew pew pew

So basically in NJ, the powers that be want to limit people to revolvers, subcompact CCW, shotguns, and bolt actions. This just a way for them to keep that whole concept of "assault weapons" as something to ban without actually using the term.

Another attempt to whittle away at the 2nd amendment.

5 Rounds? Do the bill proponents think everyone is an expert marksman who never misses?

I thought, that legally, self defense means the threat has to be very close to you, or within the home and same room as you.

WHat about 6 shot revolvers. Must plug up a hole? They have always had stupid laws.

I wonder how many people in NJ would actually comply with this law if it passes.

About fucking time. Guns do not belong on civilian hands. Only to trained police officers and active duty military serving overseas. If you need help, call 911. Everyone has a cell phone nowadays. It's 2018, not the Wild West 1878.

We don’t want looser gun laws like in other parts of the country tho.

Fatso Christie tried making the laws looser but we don’t want that here. It’s why we have low death rates from guns compared to other parts of the country

Take you “freedomz” someplace else. We don’t want your “freedomz” here

BzSAjn5.jpg

I think 10 is a reasonable limit. 5 is too low.

I think it is all hilarious, because anyone in NJ or anywhere else can go get a class III weapons license, and own a machine gun.

Not only that, but there are so many clips in circulation already that would break this law, it makes it absurd, and not enforceable.

I thought, that legally, self defense means the threat has to be very close to you, or within the home and same room as you.
Yeah but people aren't going to hit a mobile threat all the time, with their first few shots.

About fucking time. Guns do not belong on civilian hands. Only to trained police officers and active duty military serving overseas. If you need help, call 911. Everyone has a cell phone nowadays. It's 2018, not the Wild West 1878.
So you telling me that emergency services will be at the scene a split second after a threat materializes.
And why shouldn't people have guns just for fun, because they like shooting at stuff.

i believe if you have a gun stored in a case in the trunk of your car and are not going directly to the gun range(even stopping for gas) you can get ticketed in NJ.

Anyway the gun laws are so strident here I was discouraged to pursue.

We have that here except for rim fre which has no limit.
Well yes and no. They just restricted mag capacity on a specific 22 rifle (can't recall which one). Handguns are also allowed 10 round mags. If some long guns accept 10 round magazines from handguns then those mags can be used in those specific long guns. We have some weird workarounds on specific firearms. Clear as mud, right?o_O

Good luck holding off federal troops from your porch without large cap mags. We're so fucked.

How many rounds in the average police officer's magazine?

Why do I ask? Well - the rationale for what they need is the exact same for what the average citizen needs.

5 rounds seems low, but ammunition regulation, from what I can tell, is the way to constitutionally go after gun violence without unduly infringing on rights.

Also, let's be honest, the bill could have been "only 20 round to a magazine and any citizen can only own 850 firearms and 500,000,000 rounds of ammo at any time" and the slippery slope crowd would still be talking about the end of the 2nd Amendment

Back