So.......are you tired of being slaves to the 1% yet?

If you are going to make a post like this and expect it to influence anyone besides the already converted you NEED to take the time to show how much influence these 1% have on economic and social policies otherwise no one will give a shit.

I'm cool with him expressing himself without taking sides and placing blame

Jokes on you. We're all just a pair of bootstraps away from also being billionaires. So I can't be a slave to my future self. Boom, game over.

Bootstraps!!! I was told jockstraps.....

Man. I guess our senses of humor or just opposite.

Congrats on inheriting a lot of money. I'm seriously happy for you. Do some good with it.

I'm not prickly just because I point out things being done in the WR. Just being real.

Try to be fair with everyone. That's all you can do. You are not better than anyone simply because you have more money or have a differing opinion on topics

I'm fine. I live in the same neighborhood as Mike Bisping. Anaheim Hills. OC baby.

People with less or money than me can be smarter, more or less moral. Or assholes or Saints.

We'll agree to disagree on "being real" vs. "being prickly".

As for a sense of humor mixed with being real:

Of course I'm better because of more money or differing opinions on topics. 95% of the posts in this forum are predicated on the following themes:

1) Those people's lack of money indicates that they aren't trying hard enough to be successful. People with more money are trying harder and thus better people for our nation.

2) Certain opinions are bad for our country and the people who hold those opinions are trying to ruin our nation. THey are not as good people as people holding the other opinion that I already agree with.

Economic slaves, that is.

While simpletons and intellectual lightweights quibble about race politics, they're too miopic to realize that the great divide is no longer race....it's economic class. The 1% (white, black, yellow, whatever) is content with economically enslaving the 99%, regardless of how much melanin (or lack theroef) in their skin.

A few fun facts for you to ponder:

- The 40 richest people in the world, have more money than the poorest 3.5 BILLION people on the planet.

- Billionaires saw their wealth increase by $762 billion dollars in 12 months, enough to end global poverty 7x over.

- In 2017, 4 out of every 5 dollars of wealth generated, went to the top 1%, leaving the last dollar for the 99%.

- Wealth inequality is REAL, and it's only getting worse. The 1% will have you believe that it's a fair economic playing field for everyone, but that's far from the truth. The game is rigged against YOU, so that you can be farmed for your income, rather than become successful in your own right.

Have a nice day.

Wish more people had your clarity.

The right-wing, while condemning them publicly, privately thank god every day for the identity politic warriors. Those pathetic, misguided souls are doing more to thwart the class struggle than 20 Koch brother PAC's.

I honesty feel bad for this 1% that didn't actually work, sweat, bleed & sacrifice for what they have

That is character building stuff. Not having to work hard and do without to sacrifice. That stuff makes you a better human. A better husband and a better father.

These 1% who inherited their wealth and did nothing to further it are sort of like empty vessels who have not lived a real life

We'll agree to disagree on "being real" vs. "being prickly".

As for a sense of humor mixed with being real:

Of course I'm better because of more money or differing opinions on topics. 95% of the posts in this forum are predicated on the following themes:

1) Those people's lack of money indicates that they aren't trying hard enough to be successful. People with more money are trying harder and thus better people for our nation.

2) Certain opinions are bad for our country and the people who hold those opinions are trying to ruin our nation. THey are not as good people as people holding the other opinion that I already agree with.

I understand why this place is what it is

Thank God you are a 1% in more ways than 1

If a person of different opinion can RUIN a nation. Violence would be understandable to stop that person. I'm not with you on that

- I do congratulate myself about not being obsessed with race politics as the great divide, and I congratulate anyone else who feels the same way.

- I don't imply that race has no bearing on economic inequality. "Any rational person knows the trajectory of wealth inequality"? Well by the same token, any rational person knows about the correlation of race and division of wealth, so by your argument, you should have been able to surmise that I wasn't arguing to the contrary.

- What I do argue, is that that economic inequality is a burden shared by ALL races, at the hands of the richest 1%. Furthermore, I argue that economic inequality is more divisive than race politics, as many ( not all) of race's divisive issues would be marginalized with greater wealth equality.

- Finally I'm not here to argue with people posing strawman arguments such as "you just hate people who are billionaires" or anything equally asinine. I Am here for intellectual discourse with anyone who feels that my premise is incorrect .

You forgot the bullet point about you immediately talking down to those you claim you're intending to inform and dialogue with.

Wouldn't you agree that's a terrible way to begin a reasonable and informed discussion on the topic?

I honesty feel bad for this 1% that didn't actually work, sweat, bleed & sacrifice for what they have

That is character building stuff. Not having to work hard and do without to sacrifice. That stuff makes you a better human. A better husband and a better father.

These 1% who inherited their wealth and did nothing to further it are sort of like empty vessels who have not lived a real life

"I feel bad for those who don't know what it's like to feel something I've never felt...."

You're doing great work in this thread buddy.

I think you deserve millions because you're good enough, you're smart enough, and gosh darn it people like you.
Well, yeah. Obviously. But the world doesn't work that way.

I'm afraid Trotsky's one of those guys whose biggest problem with the one percent is that that one percent isn't composed of the correct number of blacks, browns, women, gays, etc., relative to their percentages in the wider society.

If we can just make the one percent a rainbow coalition we will have beaten the "real" cancer at the heart of wealth inequality.

If by slave you mean employed by them, in exchange for solid 6 figures a year and the chance to do what i love as a profession, while not taking the risk of ownership -- then, nope. Not tired.

I am kind of bummed McGreggor isnt defending his belts because he can afford not to -- but its not like hes whipping me in the cotton fields.

"I feel bad for those who don't know what it's like to feel something I've never felt...."

You're doing great work in this thread buddy.

Yikes. Another 1% who inherited his wealth.

It's cool. Relax

If by slave you mean employed by them, in exchange for solid 6 figures a year and the chance to do what i love as a profession, while not taking the risk of ownership -- then, nope. Not tired.

I am kind of bummed McGreggor isnt defending his belts because he can afford not to -- but its not like hes whipping me in the cotton fields.
Ownership is overrated

Economic slaves, that is.

While simpletons and intellectual lightweights quibble about race politics, they're too miopic to realize that the great divide is no longer race....it's economic class. The 1% (white, black, yellow, whatever) is content with economically enslaving the 99%, regardless of how much melanin (or lack theroef) in their skin.

A few fun facts for you to ponder:

- The 40 richest people in the world, have more money than the poorest 3.5 BILLION people on the planet.

- Billionaires saw their wealth increase by $762 billion dollars in 12 months, enough to end global poverty 7x over.

- In 2017, 4 out of every 5 dollars of wealth generated, went to the top 1%, leaving the last dollar for the 99%.

- Wealth inequality is REAL, and it's only getting worse. The 1% will have you believe that it's a fair economic playing field for everyone, but that's far from the truth. The game is rigged against YOU, so that you can be farmed for your income, rather than become successful in your own right.

Have a nice day.

I don't find happiness or contentment in monetary wealth. No skin off my back.

those 3.5 billion better start educating themeselves and get better jobs then

Jokes on you. We're all just a pair of bootstraps away from also being billionaires. So I can't be a slave to my future self. Boom, game over.
That 2% tax break will give you the capital you need to start the next walmart.

Nope, I'm the best kind. I'm the poster child for these conversations. My access to the world of the 1% is the result of my parent's economic success and I married someone in a similar position. So, I live a life and take for granted things that I have never had to actually work for. And my child is inheriting the same unearned privileges in life.

Sure, I work and the missus works so we know the daily struggle of building a business and trying to live within our means but it's more choice than necessity.

I know a woman who makes about $100k year and drives a Camry. Hard-working woman, husband works some customer service rep gig. Except, she works 1 day a week at a company her father set up. Sends 2 kids to private school at $30k year each and has a skybox at every facility around the city. Is she paying for any of that from her "salary" of $100k? Of course not.

That type of 1%'er is everywhere (and I'm nowhere close to her level) and it's always interesting to me when people discuss this subject from far down the economic ladder and try to convince me that the only difference between people like myself/this woman and them is "hard work". We don't work any harder than you. We don't have to. We work just as hard as you do but our economic success/failure isn't dependent on how well it turns out.

I want to blow $50k flipping houses? It doesn't matter if I'm successful or not. The guy down the street? It sure as hell matters to him because if he messes up, he's out the game. I mess up? I apologize to my folks and try again. People downplay just how big of a difference the inherited wealth angle is, not just at death but while they're still alive.

I don't disagree with your final point on the importance of inherited wealth but utilizing your example, how do you feel about this current state of the public's disposition..."damn those billionaires"?

Does this sense of hopelessness, due to the sheer difficulty and time requirement of acquiring wealth, make sense to you or do you feel smart financial habits and decisions are fruitful in the long run?
- I ask because this might be the 5th "rich people" thread in 2days.

Back