Please Help Me Understand...

You don't get it. If that were true, he would go to the WWE. The money is better for him and the risk is less. There has to be more to the story than that.
I do get it. He thought he could win that fight because he is a self-absorbed asshat

Without doubt. But both had those high level managers that look at things from a bunch of different angles. Got to plant those seeds.

"believe in yourself and you can achieve anything!" - Punk.

Punk had no business in there. A D-level athlete. I have no doubt 90% of sherdoggers with over a year of training would have performed better than him.
It is impossible to do worse than CM. He is the worst UFC fighter ever

People make it sound like he is a huge star who is gracing the UFC with his presence. How many of you even heard of this guy before this whole circus started? I've literally never heard his name before until they announced he was fighting for the UFC.

People make it sound like he is a huge star who is gracing the UFC with his presence. How many of you even heard of this guy before this whole circus started? I've literally never heard his name before until they announced he was fighting for the UFC.
He is such a stain on the sport they don't even get it

He’s willingly embarrassing himself to provide exposure for guys fighting on his cards for a pretty small fee considering his drawing power. In essence he’s ‘putting over’ the UFC and it’s fighters.

He’s willingly embarrassing himself to provide exposure for guys fighting on his cards for a pretty small fee considering his drawing power. In essence he’s ‘putting over’ the UFC and it’s fighters.
That would be respectable if he was a mediocre mma fighter. Most Sherbro's could beat him. I would kick his brains out of his ear if we fought.

People respect it because he could have made as much money (and likely much more) by sticking to pro wrestling. But he gave that up to pursue a dream. Mostly people, if they already have a job that pays them a shitload of money and that they're good at, wouldn't leave it to pursue a dream. Especially if that dream presents a very hard road to success that involves getting your ass kicked over and over again.
so you gonna put Mickey Rourke or Ken Kaneko up there on that pedestal with him?

lol. No. I think they should have enough self-awareness to understand when the dream has become a delusion.
So your beef isn't that he is a money grubber, but that he is delusional. Ok, that's fair, but quit changing your argument half way through. First it was an information request, then it was an argument about him being a money grubber, now you are basically saying you don't like him because he is delusional. I agree on the delusion. But, I absolutely disagree with the money grubbing aspect. And I do think you are taking his delusion oddly personal.

Only someone who has never tested himself would ask such a question. You fear failure, whereas he does not, apparently. Which is why you are sitting here talking about him. And, not the other way around.

Plus didn’t he get $500K as well ? Considering he doesn’t need the money. Or could get much more in pro wrestling. The answers are obvious. The fact you don’t understand it, pretty much says it all.

So your beef isn't that he is a money grubber, but that he is delusional. Ok, that's fair, but quit changing your argument half way through. First it was an information request, then it was an argument about him being a money grubber, now you are basically saying you don't like him because he is delusional. I agree on the delusion. But, I absolutely disagree with the money grubbing aspect. And I do think you are taking his delusion oddly personal.
I do take it oddly personal. Some of us sherbros have fought before. It was a money grab. He wouldn't fight me for 10k

Only someone who has never tested himself would ask such a question. You fear failure, whereas he does not, apparently. Which is why you are sitting here talking about him. And, not the other way around.

Plus didn’t he get $500K as well ? Considering he doesn’t need the money. Or could get much more in pro wrestling. The answers are obvious. The fact you don’t understand it, pretty much says it all.
I will happily kick his head in for 10k but his bitch ass never trained and got a UFC fight? He is a punk ass jabroni and he gets no love from me.

I do take it oddly personal. Some of us sherbros have fought before. It was a money grab. He wouldn't fight me for 10k
You have not even come close to proving it was a money grub. You are as delusional about this as he is about fighting. Some of us Sherbros like Sherdog to have logical conversations about MMA on here. And he wouldn't fight you for 500k either, you aren't in the UFC.

Edit: post a fight of yours...

Back