Locked JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM (Final Trailer Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are just a Negative Nancy.

I actually just watched Lost World last night. I've never liked it but last night I actually got some enjoyment out of it, I think for the first time ever. I hadn't seen it in about 6-7 years and I had the benefit of watching on it's own without having watched the original beforehand, and I think after being burned by JPIII and double-burned by JW, seeing something that was merely mediocre was quite refreshing. Unbelievably it still had some of the wonder and vibes of the first. It actually felt like a Jurassic Park movie, albeit vastly inferior to the original. But that's something that's been missing from this franchise ever since.

Anyway, I can't tell you how much I hated JW. It was just truly godawful abysmal trash. Just the lowest of the low commercial cash-in crap. This new one looks like more of that. :cool:

I'll probably end up seeing it with a buddy who loves the franchise, and using my moviepass will make me feel like I didn't waste money, so I'll give it a chance to prove me wrong. I gave Lost World a chance to prove me wrong last night and it finally did. So we'll see if this one can do the same thing. I'm certainly not going in with any expectations whatsoever.

I actually just watched Lost World last night. I've never liked it but last night I actually got some enjoyment out of it, I think for the first time ever. I hadn't seen it in about 6-7 years and I had the benefit of watching on it's own without having watched the original beforehand, and I think after being burned by JPIII and double-burned by JW, seeing something that was merely mediocre was quite refreshing. Unbelievably it still had some of the wonder and vibes of the first. It actually felt like a Jurassic Park movie, albeit vastly inferior to the original. But that's something that's been missing from this franchise ever since.

Anyway, I can't tell you how much I hated JW. It was just truly godawful abysmal trash. Just the lowest of the low commercial cash-in crap. This new one looks like more of that. :cool:

I'll probably end up seeing it with a buddy who loves the franchise, and using my moviepass will make me feel like I didn't waste money, so I'll give it a chance to prove me wrong. I gave Lost World a chance to prove me wrong last night and it finally did. So we'll see if this one can do the same thing. I'm certainly not going in with any expectations whatsoever.

I really don't understand why you dislike Jurassic World so much. I'll agree that there are some things to appreciate in The Lost World, but I think it is literally about half the movie that JW is.

The problem with The Lost World is that the story is very weak, so from a narrative standpoint, it's unsatisfying. That means that it has to try to fall back on its action scenes to make the movie worth a shit, but the action is only sometimes good enough to save the film. I also don't like how dark the film is, and I mean visually, not in terms of subject matter.

I thought that the actual story in JW was much more fleshed out and interesting.

Update: February 21, 2018

JURASSIC WORLD 3 In the Works, Sets June 11, 2021 Release Date

Almost four months before Universal Pictures unleashes Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, the studio is making plans for a third installment of the rebooted dinosaur adventure movie series.

Jurassic World 3 will be written franchise newcomer Emily Carmichael along with Colin Trevorrow, the director of the 2015 reboot and co-writer of Fallen Kingdom.

And the studio has set a June 11, 2021 release date for the movie.

Trevorrow is returning to exec produce the new chapter along with Steven Spielberg, the filmmaker behind the original movies in the 1990s. Frank Marshall and Pat Crowley are returning as producers.

Plot details are being kept locked in a canister but Carmichael and Trevorrow will work from a story concocted by Trevorrow and writer partner Derek Connolly. Carmichael co-wrote the upcoming Pacific Rim Uprisingand most recently rewrote The Black Hole for Disney and director Joseph Kosinski. She came to Spielberg’s attention when she set up the family action-adventure Powerhouse at Amblin.

“It’s important to this franchise that we welcome new creative voices to keep our storytelling fresh and alive,” says Trevorrow. “I’m thrilled with the tension and beauty J.A. has brought to Fallen Kingdom, and I know Emily will add another layer of emotion to the concluding chapter of our trilogy.”

Jurassic World rebooted Jurassic Park, the popular trilogy that adapted the best-selling Michael Crichton novel. The movie, fueled by the star power of Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard combined with nostalgic hunger, was a roaring success, grossing over $1.6 billion worldwide. Fallen Kingdom, directed by J.A. Bayona,opens June 22.

'Jurassic World 3' In the Works with Emily Carmichael and Colin Trevorrow, Sets 2021 Release Date

I really don't understand why you dislike Jurassic World so much. I'll agree that there are some things to appreciate in The Lost World, but I think it is literally about half the movie that JW is.

The problem with The Lost World is that the story is very weak, so from a narrative standpoint, it's unsatisfying. That means that it has to try to fall back on its action scenes to make the movie worth a shit, but the action is only sometimes good enough to save the film. I also don't like how dark the film is, and I mean visually, not in terms of subject matter.

I thought that the actual story in JW was much more fleshed out and interesting.
Lol, what was interesting and fleshed out about JW's story?

It was a pretty silly movie tbh.

Lol, what was interesting and fleshed out about JW's story?

It was a pretty silly movie tbh.

Compared to Lost World or JPIII, JW had a much more layered story.

With the aforementioned films, it's basically just "Ahhh! Dinos! Run!"

With Jurassic World you get the first look at a fully operational park, the brothers and their relationship as the younger brother struggles with the divorce of their parents, the romance between Pratt and BDH, the first genetically engineered dinosaurs, the introduction of the idea that dinos can be trained (to an extent) and the "weaponized dinos" storyline.

Now, granted, I did not actually LIKE all of that, but it's there. Narratively there is a lot more going on than in the two previous films.

With Jurassic World you get the first look at a fully operational park, the brothers and their relationship as the younger brother struggles with the divorce of their parents, the romance between Pratt and BDH, the first genetically engineered dinosaurs, the introduction of the idea that dinos can be trained (to an extent) and the "weaponized dinos" storyline.

Now, granted, I did not actually LIKE all of that, but it's there. Narratively there is a lot more going on than in the two previous films.

Well, I refuse to acknowledge the JP3.

Yeah, JW had some stuff going on. Pretty much all of it was bad though. The divorce story added nothing and the kids were annoying IMO. Genetically engineered dinosaurs added nothing as well. The justification for them was even dumber iirc. The romance between Pratt and BDH was meh. Nothing special. Fully operational park was nice to see though.

Also, the final fight with Indominus was just silly. Soldiers who tried to take out Indo before were worse than stormtroopers. I mean, they had a fucking helicopter with guns but everybody missed. Fucking lame.

Blue came and saved the day at the very last second like some boring, predictable action movie. Oh no, good guy is about to lose! Oh my god, reinforcements come 1 second before shit went bad. We've never seen that before.

JW was bad. LW had bad stuff in it too, but the more I think about JW the sillier that movie becomes.

Such a shame that the sequals to JP were all mediocre at best. Such great material to work with.

Yeah, JW had some stuff going on. Pretty much all of it was bad though. The divorce story added nothing and the kids were annoying IMO. Genetically engineered dinosaurs added nothing as well. The justification for them was even dumber iirc. The romance between Pratt and BDH was meh. Nothing special. Fully operational park was nice to see though.

Also, the final fight with Indominus was just silly. Soldiers who tried to take out Indo before were worse than stormtroopers. I mean, they had a fucking helicopter with guns but everybody missed. Fucking lame.

Blue came and saved the day at the very last second like some boring, predictable action movie. Oh no, good guy is about to lose! Oh my god, reinforcements come 1 second before shit went bad. We've never seen that before.

JW was bad. LW had bad stuff in it too, but the more I think about JW the sillier that movie becomes.

Such a shame that the sequals to JP were all mediocre at best. Such great material to work with.

I had similar thoughts regarding JPIII for a while, but it's a movie that has grown on me over time. It's the weakest of the franchise, but there are certainly times where I'd rather watch JPIII than watch The Lost World again. It can be a fairly fun watch if you go into it with the right mindset.

Like I said, I didn't love everything about Jurassic World, but my feelings about the film are overall positive. Sure, there are things that I'd have preferred they do differently, but I still enjoyed it enough to buy it on Blu-Ray.

I really am of two minds about the JP series. On one hand, I do love it. The whole thing, start to finish, I am a fan and I'm really happy Universal finally gave us more movies in the JP universe after a 14 year layoff. On the other hand, I can feel what you're saying about being disappointed with the sequels. For as much as I enjoy the franchise, I do feel like it could be more. We had one great movie and three movies that failed to live up to it (though in my view Jurassic World was a step in the right direction).

What made the first Jurassic Park so great was that there was a really interesting STORY that was propelled by really interesting characters. And I think this is what the studio needs to focus on, making sure to craft compelling stories to go along with all the dino carnage.

I actually have an idea that I've mentioned a few times, where a competitor to InGen rises up and then, finally, there are TWO companies in the world producing modern dinosaurs rather than just one. It would play out like a corporate thriller. Eventually of course we'd let the dinos run loose, because that's what people came to see, but dinos wrecking shit would complement the story rather than the other way around.

I like the subplot of the dinosaurs reproducing in the first one

"Life finds a way"

I like the subplot of the dinosaurs reproducing in the first one

"Life finds a way"

Yeah, that was a cool. And I guess it made enough of a cultural impact that even today when people talk about Jurassic Park the phrase "life finds a way" is often going to come out at some point (often in the form of someone trying to make a shitty joke).

The big problem with any sequel to Jurassic Park is that

A) the first is so great that it’s very tough to recapture the magic

B) the end of the first one basically makes it very tough to convincingly set up the plot of a sequel.

After the events of Jurassic Park and The Lost World is there any conceivable reason anybody would ever in a million years go to that island?

Hell even the lost world it was such a lame setup as Hammond is talking to Malcolm and like, “thank God for Site B.” Who just starts a conversation like that? Oh you thought the original island was the beginning and end of it, well wait till you see Site B.

They had to come up with increasingly contrived ways to get people to the island and to make us believe the place wouldn’t have been wiped off the map by the military.

I will say this though- I found pretty much all the sequels entertaining. Lost World may be the most underrated. But I cringe when Malcolm’s daughter lands that gymnast move to drop kick the raptor through the window.

JW had cool elements with the operational park. It has fan service with the raptor/Rex team up but it’s not great. The d’onofrio raptor plot is hilariously silly. Special Ops raptors.

Been perusing through www.dinosaurprotectiongroup.com. Really interesting site and just a brilliant piece of viral marketing.

You guys should check it out, especially the Reports and Mt. Sibo section. It gives a lot of info about stuff that's gone on within the Jurassic Park universe but that isn't talked about in the films.

Here's one particularly interesting excerpt:

During the park’s lengthy construction, the biosphere and territories the dinosaurs had established on Islas Sorna and Nublar were thrown into chaos as the animals were unceremoniously shipped among islands to be used as theme park attractions. And as the world came to Isla Nublar, so did corporate sponsorships. Dinosaurs were not only made into showpiece spectacles, they were branded, too. This branding and sponsorship ultimately led to the creation of the dino-hybrid ‘Indominus Rex,’ conceived as the perfect attraction for corporate promotion. Of course, as the world watched in horror, this beast eventually broke free and ran wild, destroying the park while taking the lives of many dinosaurs and humans alike. Since the 2015 Jurassic World incident, the last remaining dinosaurs on Nublar have been abandoned, left to fend for themselves while the world decides their fate.

The controversial decision by Masrani Global to “do nothing” has caused more harm than good. In the years since, there have been reports of certain species falling back into extinction (like the Metriacanthosaurus and Edmontosaurus), dozens of cases of illegal activity around Nublar, as well as rumors of rogue groups claiming to have access to the cloning technology. It would appear that these animals are still not safe from the intrusion of humans and, with dozens of species still fighting for survival on 30 square miles of landmass, it is time for the tide to turn. It is time for humans to step up and do the right thing.

Rumors of rogue groups claiming to have access to the cloning technology? Are we finally going to see someone other than InGen/Masrani Global making dinosaurs? Is this technology now about to proliferate throughout the world?

A third trailer already? I feel like there has been too many for a film still some time away.

I think that will probably be the last of the trailers.

The film comes out on June 22. That's just a little over two months from today.

I think that will probably be the last of the trailers.

The film comes out on June 22. That's just a little over two months from today.

I'm still excited but hopefully they don't show much more. I'm too weak not to click. Thankfully I at least resisted the urge so far to watch any Infinity war tv spots. I feel like there are way too many of them.

I'm still excited but hopefully they don't show much more. I'm too weak not to click. Thankfully I at least resisted the urge so far to watch any Infinity war tv spots. I feel like there are way too many of them.

Yeah, I'm thinking I might just ignore this new trailer they're about the drop. Like you say, I feel like I've seen too much already.

Eventually it's diminishing returns with the marketing as they start giving too much away.

Da_-zNcUwAA1Eh5.jpg:orig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back