Lmao Trump wants to replace EBT and food stamps with food boxes

Not a good idea.

Eliminate sugary foods from being purchaseable.

Heavily penalize anyone caught of abusing system. The store not allowed to accept EBT any longer. The citizen loses EBT privledges and would only receive a prepared box of food.

The average SNAP recipient gets $126 per month so no, they're not getting enough to have crab legs for every meal unless they're only having one meal every couple of days.

I think just stupid and lacking in life experience. Note that 44% of SNAP recipients are children (10% are disabled but not elderly and 9% are elderly). 100% of humans born at some point don't make money (what you're apparently defining as "contributing to society") and if they all die, that's the end of our species.
from San Diego to San Francisco the average family gets $638/month to $973 in San Francisco. Not sure where the $126 is coming from.
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...re-capital-of-the-us-2012jul28-htmlstory.html

In SF you used to see drug dealers in line during the monthly cash (yes they distributed cash at one point) disbursements. How else do you think they have money to buy baclava's for the next Antifa march at Bezerkely?

Empty answer. Consumers don't actually have that power.

Yeah, don't worry. I won't.

The government does though and you voted for the party and President that thinks regulations are bad.

Then you want to cry about it.

Again, we aren't going to cater to the exception, those gluten free, lactose intolerant, vegans.

But simply, we could have three boxes. Or there could be pop up stores where they could shop items. I would be fine with EBT cards for short term one off welfare. I.e., everyone get 90-120 days of EBT card use every 10 years so we don't shame valid recipients.

Or we could just transfer a small amount of funds electronically and not turn our government into Amazon.com and let people make their own dietary decisions.

Perhaps instead of getting into food logistics market, the federal government can invest in dietary education that isn't funded by corporate food interests?

This Trump idea doesn't allow fresh fruits and vegetables.

This is just another GIVEAWAY to some private contractor.

RIght now, food stamps can be used on local markets or supermarket.

This would centralize the food to some lone company that gave enough donations. SO not only MORE unhealthy, but taking money out of local businesses and giving it to one centralized private company.

from San Diego to San Francisco the average family gets $638/month to $973 in San Francisco. Not sure where the $126 is coming from.
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...re-capital-of-the-us-2012jul28-htmlstory.html

Read your own link better.

And here's where the figure I quoted is coming from:

https://www.cbpp.org/research/a-quick-guide-to-snap-eligibility-and-benefits

On average, SNAP households received about $254 a month in fiscal year 2017. The average SNAP benefit per person was about $126 per month, which works out to about $1.40 per person per meal.

tumblr_nhtnehAIIG1sm3ldio1_500.gif

Why are you jerks making fun of those who are less fortunate than you?

Jeez la weez, you make me sick.

Or we could just transfer a small amount of funds electronically and not turn our government into Amazon.com and let people make their own dietary decisions.

Perhaps instead of getting into food logistics market, the federal government can invest in dietary education that isn't funded by corporate food interests?
I would not be opposed to something done where fresh food like fresh steaks/pork chops/chicken and fresh vegetables can be had for a discount if purchased with EBT.

I ALSO think kids should frankly be required to take home ec so they learn to fucking cook.

Like, I'm no Gordon Ramsey but I can, with some help from some pre-prepared like sauces (I don't have time to sit over a stove for 4 hours to make a good homemade marinara or chili) make decent food. My roommates? Limited to like over easy eggs and scrambles.

Teach people how to cook basic shit and they should be good to go. This obviously isn't a cure-all though.

I would not be opposed to something done where fresh food like fresh steaks/pork chops/chicken and fresh vegetables can be had for a discount if purchased with EBT.

I ALSO think kids should frankly be required to take home ec so they learn to fucking cook.

Like, I'm no Gordon Ramsey but I can, with some help from some pre-prepared like sauces (I don't have time to sit over a stove for 4 hours to make a good homemade marinara or chili) make decent food. My roommates? Limited to like over easy eggs and scrambles.

Teach people how to cook basic shit and they should be good to go. This obviously isn't a cure-all though.

I agree with this.

The government isn't there to make choices for people, but it's perfectly reasonable for them to incentivize certain choices over others and provide the proper education to make better choices.

I agree with this.

The government isn't there to make choices for people, but it's perfectly reasonable for them to incentivize choices and provide the proper education to make better choices.
It amazes me when my roommates are stunned by food I cook.

Like, as an example I boiled some ravioli, browned ground beef, added in some jar marinara (not Prego or the other rather famous pre-done brand), added some like oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and like italian parsley and mixed it all together and they both acted like it was amazing tasting.

I'm over there like "having lived with a mother that makes meatsauce from scratch this is... barely passable. How the hell do you two live?"

Then I watch like 'Worst Cooks in America' and these motherfuckers go to make an omelette in a fucking stainless steel pan and don't even know what a teflon pan is.

HOW DID YOU MAKE IT TO 45 NOT BEING ABLE TO COOK FOR YOURSELF?!

It amazes me when my roommates are stunned by food I cook.

Like, as an example I boiled some ravioli, browned ground beef, added in some jar marinara (not Prego or the other rather famous pre-done brand), added some like oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and like italian parsley and mixed it all together and they both acted like it was amazing tasting.

I'm over there like "having lived with a mother that makes meatsauce from scratch this is... barely passable. How the hell do you two live?"

Then I watch like 'Worst Cooks in America' and these motherfuckers go to make an omelette in a fucking stainless steel pan and don't even know what a teflon pan is.

HOW DID YOU MAKE IT TO 45 NOT BEING ABLE TO COOK FOR YOURSELF?!

I'm a grill and toaster oven guy, not gonna lie.

I'm a grill and toaster oven guy, not gonna lie.
That's even better than my roommates.

One is admittedly a physical therapist at a hospital 45 minutes away and I can see her not having the energy for cooking when she gets home but usually for her it's like boxed/canned soup, pizza from whole foods, or some salad thing from whole foods.

My other roommate is a fulltime student and bartender at nights and it's usually leftovers from closing at his bar on certain days or like simple scramble shit in a pan.

My biggest gripe is my current house does NOT have a dishwasher unless you count the humans in the house. Ggggrrrrr

One is admittedly a physical therapist at a hospital 45 minutes away and I can see her not having the energy for cooking when she gets home but usually for her it's like boxed/canned soup, pizza from whole foods, or some salad thing from whole foods.

My other roommate is a fulltime student and bartender at nights and it's usually leftovers from closing at his bar on certain days or like simple scramble shit in a pan.

My biggest gripe is my current house does NOT have a dishwasher unless you count the humans in the house. Ggggrrrrr

I get lots of take out, but that's because I believe in spending money to save time instead of spending my time to save money.

I honestly don't like dishwashers. I'd rather hand wash the stuff I use.

I get lots of take out, but that's because I believe in spending money to save time instead of spending my time to save money.

I honestly don't like dishwashers. I'd rather hand wash the stuff I use.
I like the method of handwashing off a lot of the stuff then dropping it in the machine.

I like the method of handwashing off a lot of the stuff then dropping it in the machine.

Well that's what you're supposed to do.

The name is misleading. It's not a dishwasher it's a dish sanitizer.

You still have to wash your dishes of food garbage first.

Well that's what you're supposed to do.

The name is misleading. It's not a dishwasher it's a dish sanitizer.

You still have to wash your dishes of food garbage first.
I don't mind doing the pots and pans it's the goddamn utensils and plates and shit that drive me bonkers.

I don't mind doing the pots and pans it's the goddamn utensils and plates and shit that drive me bonkers.

Honestly, I hate unloading the dishwasher. So I try not to fill it ever.

Especially because me personally account for like 3% of the dishes in a full dishwasher.

Honestly, I hate unloading the dishwasher. So I try not to fill it ever.

Especially because me personally account for like 3% of the dishes in a full dishwasher.
I'm a nasty motherfucker and reuse forks and plates as long as they aren't covered in like grease/sauce for 2-3 meals.

Physiotherapist living with roomates sounds strange to me.

Back