Let's be honest about Jon Jones and this suspension...

I honestly don't see Jones fighting again, regardless of the decision

He's been quite clear about wanting to fight. So no idea what you mean? If they hand him a 4 year ban, maybe he won't.. But that's unlikely IMO..

He also didn't use clomid or letro intentionally, according to the arbiter. Still got the maximum sentence, because he's a reckless idiot.
Yes and the decision to give him a full sentence despite him being innocent was a travesty - possibly corrupt - I doubt USADA will make that same fuck up twice...on the same guy

I will embrace it with open arms and eagerly wait for him to destroy DC for a third time.

Novitzky - Cleared
CSAC - Cleared 27th Feb
USADA - (Pending) Cleared

Given how theres a 95% chance he will fight and become champion again in 2018 I think its best for you all to already now start getting used to the idea that the GOAT will be back this year.

>"HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS"

But he is. So embrace it lads.
What's the evidence that he'll be cleared? Jones' manager? That's hardly an objective and reliable source.

Frank Mir (Jones' teammate) received a two year suspension as a first time offender for Oral Turinabol (the same substance Jones tested positive for). There's already precedent for a minimum two year suspension; I expect it to be longer for Jones.

Oh and Jones isn't the GOAT.

What's the evidence that he'll be cleared? Jones' manager? That's hardly an objective and reliable source.

Frank Mir (Jones' teammate) received a two year suspension as a first time offender for Oral Turinabol (the same substance Jones tested positive for). There's already precedent for a minimum two year suspension; I expect it to be longer for Jones.

Oh and Jones isn't the GOAT.
Evidence:

Godvitzky cleared him
CSAC is about to clear him
Logically makes zero sense for him to take Turinabol

And yes, he is the GOAT with or without PEDs.

yes, and you understand that a personal opinion is not the same as clearing someones name

JN has no part in the decision making process whatsoever.. his personal opinion counts for absolutely zero, nothing, nada...

So no, JN saying something is not clearing Jons name by any stretch of the imagination

as i suspected and alluded to, english comprehension is not your strong suit

Does anybody truly believe that Jones will get "4 years"?
I'm willing to bet my stake that he won't even get a year. Wouldn't even be surprised if he got time served.

This happens time and time again in the world of sports.
He's a top athlete and one of the only legit draws left.
The UFC works WITH USADA, and USADA works FOR them.

Curious to hear what people think. 6 months? year? Time served?
Frank Mir (who happens to be a teammate of Jones) received a two year suspension as a first time offender for Oral Turinabol. Why do people expect Jones to receive anything less than two years for the same substance considering he's a second time offender?

yes, and you understand that a personal opinion is not the same as clearing someones name

JN has no part in the decision making process whatsoever.. his personal opinion counts for absolutely zero, nothing, nada...

So no, JN saying something is not clearing Jons name by any stretch of the imagination

as i suspected and alluded to, english comprehension is not your strong suit
We already covered this in that thread mate.

Godvitzky (knows everything about PEDs) opinion does matter A LOT. Not when it comes to the sentencing, but it matters in terms of what the truth is.

6 months or less.

"If it doesn't fit, you must acquit." - Scummy Lawyer
"if it doesn't make sense, defend his innocence" - Jeff Novitzy

Evidence:

Godvitzky cleared him

Novitzky didn't clear him and doesn't work for USADA. CSAC is holding the hearing, not absolving him of all guilt. And since when has logic ever gone hand-in-hand with any of Jones' decisions? Do I need to remind you?

And defeating fighters on the downslide of their careers, whom many were former or current Middleweights, hardly makes you a GOAT when you're large for the division.

Does anybody truly believe that Jones will get "4 years"?
I'm willing to bet my stake that he won't even get a year. Wouldn't even be surprised if he got time served.

This happens time and time again in the world of sports.
He's a top athlete and one of the only legit draws left.
The UFC works WITH USADA, and USADA works FOR them.

Curious to hear what people think. 6 months? year? Time served?

If it was ONLY USADA that decided his punishment, then I may agree with you. However, Jon Jones is also judged by the CSAC, and they're a lot more independent than USADA. Maybe there will be some last minute arbitration with USADA. This to me would be a signal that Jon *might* get off easy. Last time he and USADA came to an agreement on an 11 month suspension, and the athletic commission gave it the OK.

If he doesn't reach a deal with USADA arbitration before the CSAC hearing, then he's probably getting 2+ years.

As for the 4 years, I too am doubtful he will receive the full 4 years. Jon always goes over the top with his apologies and denials, and people just keep giving him the benefit of the doubt. He should get 4 years... but my guess is he only gets 2 years. We'll just have to wait and see.

Frank Mir (who happens to be a teammate of Jones) received a two year suspension as a first time offender for Oral Turinabol. Why do people expect Jones to receive anything less than two years for the same substance considering he's a second time offender?
mir didnt have a tainted supplement excuse. he said he didnt know why it was in his system i believe. something about kangaroo meat.

And since when has logic ever gone hand-in-hand with any of Jones' decisions? Do I need to remind you?

And defeating fighters on the downslide of their careers, whom many were former or current Middleweights, hardly makes you a GOAT when you're large for the division.
Whatever incidents of Jonathan's you are getting ready to morally grandstand about do have logical explanations behind them. Its called psychology.

And DC is a better win than any win on the records of all other GOAT candidates.

Evidence:

Godvitzky cleared him

The logic behind him taking Turinabol is clear. He's a drug addict. He needed to some sort of steroid in his system to cure his anxiety before the fight. An alcoholic needs a drink before an important event, a drug addict needs his drug of choice.

It settled his nerves and anxiety, and fuck the consequences. Matt Riddle ruined clean Jones forever, OSP put the nail in the coffin. Jones doesn't believe his clean self can be the best

The logic behind him taking Turinabol is clear. He's a drug addict. He needed to some sort of steroid in his system to cure his anxiety before the fight. An alcoholic needs a drink before an important event, a drug addict needs his drug of choice.

It settled his nerves and anxiety, and fuck the consequences. Matt Riddle ruined clean Jones forever, OSP put the nail in the coffin. Jones doesn't believe his clean self can be the best
>"The logic is clear"
>Following sentences are mad assumptions and leaps of logic

wew lad

Whatever incidents of Jonathan's you are getting ready to morally grandstand about do have logical explanations behind them. Its called psychology.

And DC is a better win than any win on the records of all other GOAT candidates.
It has nothing to do with morality and everything to do with Jones having a history of making illogical decisions. And if your only case for making Jones the GOAT is defeating DC, then your case is pathetically weak because all the legs just got chopped off.

@Jackonfire why do you hate me breh
If I hated you I would have just straight up deleted your thread.

If I didn't like you I would have just moved it to the Wasteland.

Since I have no clue who you are, I just merged your thread with one that was made earlier on the same topic.

It has nothing to do with morality and everything to do with Jones having a history of making illogical decisions. And if your only case for making Jones the GOAT is defeating DC, then your case is pathetically weak because all the legs just got chopped off.
Its only illogical if you don't understand human behavior or basic psychology.

And the case for Jones being the GOAT is better than the case for any other fighter. The fact that he has the single best win of any fighter in the history of the sport is just the tip of the iceberg.

Back