SBBC: Problems with the boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, pops is so predictable. Just got a text reminding me that UVA maintains academic standards, isn't mentioned in this FBI report and still #1. LMAO.

They all take money. I've paid guys and in the grand scheme of things I'm not shit

There are very few things I don't like about the US but that "if one could do it" validates the concept or system in place, is one thing that bugs me. Ok Bill Clinton became a Rhodes scholar, great. What about the rest of his HS class that is left under-educated, and struggling? Don't be distracted by the Victory lap for slick-Willy, focus on the fact that the rest of his peers are in an absolute shit situation.

According to the one friend that I maintained contact with (until he became a skid row alcoholic), I am the only one from our grade 4/5 class to finish HS, from that shitty poor area that i lived in as a kid. What?!?!? So by the US paradigm, we could all boast that TRD made it through ugrad, graduate school, and a post doc, but what about the rest of the students who completely failed?

/rant

Oh god who gives a shit (not directed at you TRD, but I needed a post on the topic to quote in order to reintroduce it and add my 2 cents lol)

Ok sudents in the 1st world shouldn't need their hands held in order to meet the dumbed-down national standards for doing just good enough to get by and into college. The ability to absorb and process and repeoduce material from a textbook all on your own is something that should be encouraged, if anything

Modern US educational approaches (high personalized interaction w/ teachers, high class "participation", focus on group work/learning) are apparently geared to better suit the generally preferred learning style of females. Which is fine I guess given that females have traditionally been barred from education, but I'm not convinced that this style of education is absolutely essential and required in order for an educational system to qualify as sufficient

Imo, schools have a general duty to provide up to date textbooks, basic classroom materials, and a safe learning environment. Computer/internet access at the higher grade levels and school food programs at the lower grade levels. A youngster going to school hungry isn't gonna learn jack or shit, so that basic need has to be addressed if we're gonna get anywhere. It's sad that in 2018 this is an actual necessity in schools but that's the reality that exists so it needs to be dealt with. Non-negotiable imo. And it's not the kid's fault so implicitly punishing the kid by pretending you don't know what's going on is a depressingly immoral approach to things

tl/dr: it's mandatory that we provide a legit opportunity to actually acquire knowledge, but I don't think there's anything wrong with allowing lesser students to "fail" at school given and despite said opportunity provided. Not everyone was born to be an academic, and there's actually nothing wrong with that

What succulents have you consumed towards an infusion to your tight flesh, Mr Senri?

Met a very nice individual from Latvia. A true adventurer passing by the city I was staying in. i was out last night with my some friends of mine who live in the area. He shared stories of his town way back from playing knights and outsiders around the castles of Cesis to mischievous runabouts with police near the small glades of Ruckas Park. He spent most of the night with us before taking off for his next destination of travel. People in passing suddenly become scarce and their essence maximize our perceptions of ones existence.

I had mexican cuisine that night...

Lol, pops is so predictable. Just got a text reminding me that UVA maintains academic standards, isn't mentioned in this FBI report and still #1. LMAO.
Harvard of the South. Self proclaimed I believe.

tl/dr: it's mandatory that we provide a legit opportunity to actually acquire knowledge, but I don't think there's anything wrong with allowing lesser students to "fail" at school given and despite said opportunity provided. Not everyone was born to be an academic, and there's actually nothing wrong with that

It's almost impossible to fail. My brother was behind when he was in grade 4 and my parents begged to keep him behind to repeat grade 4 and the PS refused. My parents sent him to a school with 30 students. Essentially one-on-one learning for a year. They didn't care what what grade you were supposed to be in, they figured out what you knew and started from there.

Average person can't afford that so they just get passed along through the system. Pretty shitty for those kids.

Harvard of the South. Self proclaimed I believe.
Haven't heard that one, though it's one of the best state schools in the country. He went to Yale for Law School, but still only ever talks about UVA. He just loves that place.

i didn't even consider UVA or W&M even though i got in, b/c VA didn't grant military residency
so despite going to my last two years of HS there, they wouldn't give me in state tuition b/c my stepdad retained Oregon residency

wtf son
if my dad didn't have joint custody, i wouldn't have been a Cali resident either. So i could've only got in state in Oregon, where i never lived, if that was the case. Crazy

i didn't even consider UVA or W&M even though i got in, b/c VA didn't grant military residency
so despite going to my last two years of HS there, they wouldn't give me in state tuition b/c my stepdad retained Oregon residency

wtf son
if my dad didn't have joint custody, i wouldn't have been a Cali resident either. So i could've only got in state in Oregon, where i never lived, if that was the case. Crazy
Couldn't your mom have taken residency in VA?

Met a very nice individual from Latvia. A true adventurer passing by the city I was staying in. i was out last night with my some friends of mine who live in the area. He shared stories of his town way back from playing knights and outsiders around the castles of Cesis to mischievous runabouts with police near the small glades of Ruckas Park. He spent most of the night with us before taking off for his next destination of travel. People in passing suddenly become scarce and their essence maximize our perceptions of ones existence.

I had mexican cuisine that night...
Probably a Latvia banker on the run from the law.

It sounds like some of you havent even heard of the University of Phoenix
<DisgustingHHH>

wtf son

One of my best friends went to William and Mary. @RR: he was the guy i went to the NCAA games in Houston with, for which you scored us the tickets.

One thing I've noticed in the US is that a lot of middle class kids have a sense of entitlement about getting into college and getting parents to pay for whatever school they get into. "I want to go to UofColorado" (big party school and skiing), you have to pay because I got in". That UC example is not random -- it's a guy that I know who was a professor and chair at a school much more prestigious than UC.

Not to say that doesn't happen in Canada but the costs of private/out of state education in teh US can be 3 or 4 fold of university in Canada. I'm both amazed by the balls on some of these kids and the fact that their parents go along with it.

One of my best friends went to William and Mary. @RR: he was the guy i went to the NCAA games in Houston with, for which you scored us the tickets.

One thing I've noticed in the US is that a lot of middle class kids have a sense of entitlement about getting into college and getting parents to pay for whatever school they get into. "I want to go to UofColorado" (big party school and skiing), you have to pay because I got in". That UC example is not random -- it's a guy that I know who was a professor and chair at a school much more prestigious than UC.

Not to say that doesn't happen in Canada but the costs of private/out of state education in teh US can be 3 or 4 fold of university in Canada. I'm both amazed by the balls on some of these kids and the fact that their parents go along with it.

Student loans bless.

My 10 years loans are paid off next month..

Now I just have the 20 year loans lol..... fml

Trinity College in Hartford Ct just raised their tuition, room etc to 70k a year.

Thats fucking absurd for a liberal arts college is a small city known for insurance lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back