Crime Shooting at Parkland, FL High School, Possible Active Shooter

Or maybe to discuss how magazine limits are great for politicians to fool their drone voters but not so great in actual self defense situations? Maybe that.

Yep... people think guns are one-shot-kill weapons and unless you hit somebody in the heart or a very specific part of the brain that's not usually the case.

No, not the same as in Canada. If you kill someone in self defense, assuming the person entered your home and is attacking you, you may get charged, but there's not a chance in hell you'll be convicted.

You won't be convicted of murder, most likely, but unrelated firearms charges will likely be added to your bill.

You won't be convicted of murder, most likely, but unrelated firearms charges will likely be added to your bill.
Of course that's a different question entirely. If I reported a robbery and the police showed up and found I had a pile stolen goods myself, I wouldn't expect to go free just because I was also the victim of a separate crime.

Guy tries to rob a liquor store, but these 2 ladies, mother and daughter shot him up.

Warning. Kinda graphic

Fuck that guy. Those chicks were quite merciful - seemed to want to give him every opportunity to live but the fucker was also pretty hard to put down.

I’m not sure Americans realize just how blessed they are to have the 2nd amendment.

That video shows why you shoot to kill and don’t stop until you are out rounds. The guy exited the store after being shot and then came back in for more. There is no such thing as excessive for or too many rounds fired when your life is on the line.

People who talk about leg and arm shots or just firing a warning shot are clueless as to how violent the world is.

The moment he came into that store armed and intent on committing a crime he gave up his rights to any consideration of mitigation of force. Now, I have no issue with the argument that after the initial shooting that forced him to flee their response should have been to lock the door and immediately call the police.
Really? Why? What if as they are putting their handgun down to lock the door, he turns around and puts a bullet through them.

Also shows that a single shot from a low caliber handgun doesn't necessarily have enough stopping power to save the day, against a hardened criminal.

The shop owners were lucky to escape with their lives there. The robber was literally a millisecond away from blasting them out, even though he had already been shot several times.

That's one reason why law enforcement will shoot people a multiple times. People have bin shot over ten times and still shoot back and is one reason why people prefer high capacity magazines.

Of course that's a different question entirely. If I reported a robbery and the police showed up and found I had a pile stolen goods myself, I wouldn't expect to go free just because I was also the victim of a separate crime.

Any time there's a gun used in self-defence in Canada, the canadian gun forums light up like a christmas tree. This shit is candy to them. There are a few cases that get recited from rote on a regular basis, like that guy whose house was being molotoved, and was tried for attempted murder for firing warning shots. In this case he did end up losing on the firearms charges after it was argued and concluded that he could not have retrieved his firearm in time if it were properly stored. Or maybe his argument was that he was cleaning his weapon at the time and they just straight up didn't buy it?

I'm not sure how much of that story is bullshit, but it's a favourite of canadian gun bois.

That video shows why you shoot to kill and don’t stop until you are out rounds. The guy exited the store after being shot and then came back in for more. There is no such thing as excessive for or too many rounds fired when your life is on the line.

People who talk about leg and arm shots or just firing a warning shot are clueless as to how violent the world is.

There are a lot of similar videos out there that prove just that but some people will never be convinced, ideology over reality.

SP47HDLSZ4YJXAM26UHFK4UU7U.jpg

Good. Hopefully those ladies go out and purchase higher caliber pistols.

Anyone local to this or has TS seen more on this story? I'm curious as to why he came back, myself. If that's what happened. Appeared he got out and then came back, though.

A shame that he survived.

I agree higher caliber weapons are in order for those ladies.

It always baffles me why people risk their lives and freedom to.....rob a convenience store?

How much money could he possibly get from that, like one weeks pay max?

I can see robbing a bank, given that you're a filthy criminal, at least there's some huge reward if you succeed.

Sometimes done as part of a gang initiation.

Really? Why? What if as they are putting their handgun down to lock the door, he turns around and puts a bullet through them.
Just because I have no argument doesn't mean that is what I would necessarily do. Personally, I don't believe the situation is contained till either the threat is dead or disarmed and laying face down on the ground, and in the case of the later, there is still potential for danger so you remain a body length or two away and they under the sights till law enforcement arrives.

LOL @ everyone talking about how this makes an argument for big magazine sizes or something. She was using like the smallest caliber gun known to man. Sure, make a 50 round clip for that gun if you want, no one cares. No one would choose that little pistol as their weapon of choice for a mass shooting.

Good for them. Lmao at the guy couldn't rip the gun out of the old ladies hand.

I personally believe he deserves some reparations for the rough treatment he got by the two ladies.

In my country he would actually have a case in favour of "exaggerated self-defense" and attempted murder on the part of the store owners. Last year, there was a case of an old man whose house was invaded by 3 men in the night, he shot at one of them to make them flee and ended up being charged for attempted killing.
The fact that you believe he deserves any sort of consideration for having been shot by the ladies when he initiated by coming armed, attempting a robbery then coming back and attacking the older lady makes me seriously question your judgement and the judgement of your legal system.

On the topic of this guy getting shot and not immediately dropping like in the movies-

If you’re gonna use a smaller caliber handgun, these women appear to have .380s or 38 specials, the Ammo you have because crucially more important. You NEED something that will expand and impart more energy to the target. Don’t just load up the same fmj target loads you use at the range because it’s the cheapest at Fleet Farm when your gun is for personal defense. That’ll just punch a nice clean hole and not do significant tissue damage needing if the round doesn’t go to the heart or lungs.

https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/

This link her is utterly amazing with tests done on so, so many brands and types of handgun defense ammunition. Thing I love about it, is they used compact handguns to test rather than full sized. There’s Ammo out there that will expand beautifully from a full sized 5” barrel, but the amount of velocity lost using a 3 or 3.5” barrel like most carry with result in that Ammo not performing as designed.

I used this info to settle on Federal 124gt HST for my 9mm. I previously had a box of hydrashock before. If you’re anything smaller than a 9, please use this site or do other research on what to load up with if the gun is going to be on your person for defense. Look for 12-18” penetration and the absolute most consistent expansion for your caliber

Not graphic enough. If you commit a violent crime with a gun you should be dragged into the street and shot. And emergency services should be required to let the your body rot in the street.

Not graphic enough. If you commit a violent crime with a gun you should be dragged into the street and shot. And emergency services should be required to let the your body rot in the street.

That's a genius idea, then when the guy had his shotgun pointed at the ladies head before she was even close to her gun, he would have pulled the trigger. Then he would have gone in the back and killed mom. I mean, if you're going to die for committing the crime and not shooting anyone, why not just blow the store clerks away and give your self a small chance at escape?

I don't understand women who get those small guns. Like they're scared of guns and get a smaller one to feel less scared. Jesus get a real gun, you're only putting yourself in MORE danger.

Back