Reebok pay is gone. It's now promotion, conduct and outfitting.

its never changed, theyve always been able to deduct reebok money

that said, if you wear the reebok kit in ring, you wear it in all your pressers etc and reebok are getting the coverage then you deserve the reebok money

if you do something while in the reebok gear that brings the company into disrepute or portrays reebok in a negative light (which is a irony in itself), then yes, they could deduct reebok money

taking away "reebok money" for non reebok related transgressions, that would be taking the piss

but, no this doesnt make them employees.. lol... just because a sponsor payment is dependant on conduct, thats common in both employee and private contractor relationships.. i sometimes wonder if sherdoggers even know what an employee is

Last edited:
Is it only me, or is the line self contractor and employee crossed with that change? @FrankieNYC

nah

countless companies that sub contract have policy that if you bring their name into disrepute then you can bugger off..

the vast majority of all sportsmen and women are self contracted, from track and field athletes, to cyclists, to swimmers, to tennis players.. And in every sport without exception there are financial penalties from sponsors, event organisers, etc for damaging the brand

if im a tennis player, appearing at a certain tournament, i am expected to endorse a certain drink during matches (Wimbledon for instance had a long standing agreement with Robinsons).. if i do something that would portray that drink in a negative light, guess what, i dont get paid..

part of the issue is people insist on comparing mma fighters to nfl players or basketball players, as opposed to athletes competing in other individual sports, golf, tennis, track, etc etc..

When MMA Fighters start attending the UFC gym, 5 days a week, 8 hours a day, like NFL players, football players do at their respective organisations.. then they are employees..

Very shitty situation for the fighters. I think one reason we don't see many new exciting prospects is because they realize how terrible the UFC contracts are, with the high risk low reward. Almost no freedom, while having a lot of obligations.

yeh, they are far better off getting 1k/1k in Bellator

people are queing up to get in the UFC..

So now the UFC says Reebok is the Keyser Soze of apparel sponsors. Who is Reebok? Nobody knows, a spook story they tell fighters, and just like that... it's gone.

And Rogan saw the tax returns for it. Are you going to dispute Rogan too?
so that six figures was from all his sponsors, or purely his fight night shorts sponsors?

Reebok is garbage. All the sponsorship in the would won't get me to buy that cheap crap just pack it in

The bottom tier is now $3500?

you know how hard it is for a fighter to get $3500 in sponsors?

Guys getting six figure sponsor checks were mostly myths.

I don't think it would be very hard to be honest. A guy outside the top 10 could round up three sponsors on his shorts and make that amount.

And top 10 guys with some fame would easily top that.

so that six figures was from all his sponsors, or purely his fight night shorts sponsors?
All sponsors; it demonstrates how terrible the Reebok deal was if a fighter outside the top ten can get at least $100,000 per fight, but the deal was never brokered with the fighters in mind, it was brokered to make the UFC look more mainstream and less like a niche product so that when they sold the company they'd get a better offer.

Is it only me, or is the line self contractor and employee crossed with that change? @FrankieNYC

The U.S. law on this is based on a preponderance of evidence. It's absolutely a check in the employee box, but there's no single policy that means yes/no you are an employee/contractor. The law in the U.S. on this is pretty bad, which is why it's constantly being litigated. I'm not the biggest fan of U.K. law, but they handle this much better. You can go onto an online government website, answer a series of questions, and it'll plug it into an algorithm and spit out a legally binding decision as to whether it's an employee or independent contractor arrangement. In the U.S., you pretty much have to file a lawsuit and go before a judge to get a binding decision.

It's time for the fighters to band together and unionize. Until then, I don't care anymore.

And Rogan saw the tax returns for it. Are you going to dispute Rogan too?

Give me a source for this. Because last I can recall from that podcast is Schaub talking out his ass, Schaub saying he can produce proof, and then it was never heard of again.

maxresdefault.jpg

Back