did wilder's stock go up or down?

I thought it was 2.5 years and he looks a lot slimmer by the way. It's worth mentioning that Wlad was off from late 2015 to mid 2017 and gave Joshua all he could handle. Yes he stays in pretty good shape always, but he was oooold and inactive. Fury is still young enough that his body can possibly go back to ita previous form.

I think we can keep an open mind here and wait and see at least. I'm more intrigued than I was before just based on the weight loss progression so far.
Correct, good carch.

Fury is battling substance abuse and fast
food. Hes not comparable to Wlad.

Definitely up. But he'll still lose to Joshua and Fury.

Not necessarily. Mr Joshua has very little head movement and is an orthodox stanced fighter. Mr Wilder has proven to be good at timing his right hand from the counter or the setup off of his jab, this spells massive trouble for Mr Joshua. Mr Joshua has good fundamentals and is very hard to put off balance but he can be countered. Mr Fury is a much better opponent to think about for both them as his tenacity is unquestionable and his tight durable body is hard to tenderize. In essence with Fury you have to slow him down and outbox him as relaxing his body will be no easy feat, easier said than done.

I thought it was 2.5 years and he looks a lot slimmer by the way. It's worth mentioning that Wlad was off from late 2015 to mid 2017 and gave Joshua all he could handle. Yes he stays in pretty good shape always, but he was oooold and inactive. Fury is still young enough that his body can possibly go back to ita previous form.

I think we can keep an open mind here and wait and see at least. I'm more intrigued than I was before just based on the weight loss progression so far.

He was never a physical specimen, and he is young enough to get back to where he was, no doubt. He’s only had a couple of years on the coke and drink and he’s under 30.
My concern is his head! I think he’s achieved his goal and hes coming back for money and maybe a bit of pride. He doesn’t seem to have the same motivations or love of the sport as either Joshua or wilder. I don’t think he’ll come back as a real threat, which is a damn shame for the division as a whole.

Last edited:
Correct, good carch.

Fury is battling substance abuse and fast
food. Hes not comparable to Wlad.

Those habits out of the ring make him an unsafe bet I totally agree. In fact, in so many Fury fights I always wrote him off, but he kept winning, so while I will never count on him because of his antics, I'll never count him out either. Strange bastard lol

Fury 2 years ago outboxes bo

He was never a physical specimen, and he is young enough to get back to where he was, no doubt. He’s only had a couple of years on the coke and drink and he’s under 30.
My concern is his head! I think he’s achieved his goal and hes coming back for money and maybe a bit of pride. He doesn’t seem to have the same motivations or love of the sport as either Joshua or wilder. I don’t think he’ll come back as a real threat, which is a damn shame for th bdibisuon as a whole

Curiously enough, once another Tyson, Mike, got all the belts and fame back in 88 he never looked the same after. Namesake curse lol

Maybe his folks should have called him Willie Pep Fury or Sugar Ray Fury. Those guys were consistent and had long peaks.

This question is just stupid.

If someone had any respect for Wilder as a fighter AT ALL his stock went way up. He finished The Boogeyman after being out on his feet for more than an entire round. He took his power late into the fight and didn't get scared after being hurt horribly in the middle rounds.

If someone hates Wilder they will look at nothing but the negatives from the fight and consider him a bum for being inactive and getting hurt.

Anyone can take anything they want from any fight and call someone great or shit depending on their own personal bias. Look at all the assholes who still say Ward is trash for beating Kov twice cause one was a robbery and the other was low blows.

People see whatever the fuck they want to see but the truth is Wilder beat the best guy he's ever fought by knockout in round ten. If you think that takes his stock down it's because you hated Wilder before the fight and you still hate him after the fight.

I watched the Fury Vlad figtht twice. I'll never get that time back. That was the worst fight in any weight class I have every seen and that says a lot. How the Fury I watched beats Wilder is wildly beyond my comprehension. Fury was so freaking awkward I can't see him not getting KTFO by a athletic overly-excited and even sloppy Wilder. Just my hunch. Klitchko much harder to beat than Fury would be.

Deonty's stock goes up due to the chin, recovery, and taking power into late rounds after being very badly hurt and pounded on cleanly afterwards. The awkward wild technique is here to stay so I'll quit wondering if he is ever going to fix that. Someone already said it - it's etched into muscle memory now. Too late to fix.

This question is just stupid.

If someone had any respect for Wilder as a fighter AT ALL his stock went way up. He finished The Boogeyman after being out on his feet for more than an entire round. He took his power late into the fight and didn't get scared after being hurt horribly in the middle rounds.

If someone hates Wilder they will look at nothing but the negatives from the fight and consider him a bum for being inactive and getting hurt.

Anyone can take anything they want from any fight and call someone great or shit depending on their own personal bias. Look at all the assholes who still say Ward is trash for beating Kov twice cause one was a robbery and the other was low blows.

People see whatever the fuck they want to see but the truth is Wilder beat the best guy he's ever fought by knockout in round ten. If you think that takes his stock down it's because you hated Wilder before the fight and you still hate him after the fight.

Spot on accurate and well said.

I thought he did really well in all honesty, he took some really good shots and showed he could ride out the storm

Nobody has ever pretended he was the worlds best boxer, so we now know he has a half decent chin and can carry his power late

Anyone thinking his stock has gone down needs to take a fucking giant reality check, he just beat one of the top 5 guys in the division...by KO

He will only beat people by KO at this level.

I think people here really underestimate the value of having a cannon. He just has to land it once in 12 rounds. I would be more hesitent to get onboard if he had a glass chin. He needs to tighten up his defense just so he can give himself a chance to land.

His stock definitely went up. People talking about how he was inactive or got confused by Ortiz's superior footwork or whatever, I mean, we already knew that shit about Wilder. But we did learn that he has a terrific chin (significantly better than AJs undoubtedly) and that he can recover from a beating very quickly. Plus he's very fit too with a lot of heart. All that + his insane power and athleticism is hard to stop.

A few questions about him were answered. He takes his power late into the fight and he can take punishment and endure it.

And other things we already knew about him became more solidified. He will struggle with technically sound boxers who can negate(more like postpone thus far) his right hand. He doesn't like southpaws. He struggles with an inside game.

A few questions about him were answered. He takes his power late into the fight and he can take punishment and endure it.

And other things we already knew about him became more solidified. He will struggle with technically sound boxers who can negate(more like postpone thus far) his right hand. He doesn't like southpaws. He struggles with an inside game.

He is looking better but still ugly. I am waiting for someone to feign being hurt to catch him rushing in.

His stock went up. We got to see him react very well to being hurt, fighting smart and getting through fire. Big ups.

Curiously enough, once another Tyson, Mike, got all the belts and fame back in 88 he never looked the same after. Namesake curse lol

Maybe his folks should have called him Willie Pep Fury or Sugar Ray Fury. Those guys were consistent and had long peaks.
tyson was looking ok for about 6-7 fights before he started to fall apart. He was doing different things and being forced to learn by rooney, even doing things that he didn't really need to do like the triple jab vs. tubbs. I know what you mean though, early tyson had flaws but he was a visually beautiful thing to see, seeing all that mass move that balletically and fast is something we won't see again for awhile.

and wilder is on crack if he thinks he could beat prime tyson fighting like that, i still don't know why the ref didn't warn him for cuffing his man, that's amateurish as it gets. haven't seen that since bob sapp.

I think it went up big time as far as raising his profile. After that fight hes a PPV attraction.

For me at least, it didnt do much to change my thoughts on his ability (I accept that i'm in the minority on that). It was his Frank Mir horseshoe up the ass moment imho. He looked totally outclassed for 99% of the fight and was perilously close to being stopped by a guy who, while undeniably technically proficient, is also significantly smaller and probably close to a decade older than the already pretty advanced age he claims to be.

Dont get me wrong, Wilder is a serious candidate for hardest hitting heavyweight ever, hes also big, quick and has a killer instinct. But he is also just about the wildest, sloppiest big name HW in history, and I dont think he can rely on simply his size and power to get past all the other top guys in the division.

More bitchmade losers like you are talking about him, so surely it did.

He is looking better but still ugly. I am waiting for someone to feign being hurt to catch him rushing in.

That is exactly what went through my mind when he had Ortiz hurt. The fight were Scott Smith acted to be hurt and then kod his opponent.

Wilder ran into Ortiz without any defense windmilling his punches head afront. Countering him while he moves in would be devastating. Looked like a street fight

Back