• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

You start losing muscle at 30 and when you hit 50 it accelerates, how to slow muscle loss

Was hilarious this oafy powerlifting bro came in to jiu jitsu class and got tapped out by a 185 pound skinny Royce Gracie look alike. Functional Strength and knowing how to fight > muscle gym bros that can barely tie there shoes and get winded quick style.

Retard Strength, Injectables
banner-product-page.jpsustagen-retard-400-sustanon-g.jpg

Wait this has an app on Play? Guessing cause it's legal outside US lol

I don't want to tear something and have it be an issue for the rest of my life. Both of my parents have joint problems in their 50s and I've seen how much it can fuck up your quality of life. I'd rather have good health than be able to bench press 315 lbs.

Keep benching 315 or deadlifting 400 lbs and one day you're going to rip something that will prevent you from doing outdoors/ athletic stuff for the rest of your life.

Or, get to 600dl and 400 becomes warmup ;)

Healthy over being swole, I'm with you. It's about finding a balance for your body.

To some extent you have to push yourself out of your comfort zone and break down your body to build it back up. Strength training done right will make you less susceptible to injuries and joint issues. But the risk of doing long term damage is very real, so it makes sense to be cautious with heavy lifting.

I prefer low impact exercises like swimming a lot more for this reason.

Also, know where on the performance band you are. Recovery in teens > recovery in 20s > recovery in 30s. If you aren't hitting your all-time maxes in your 30s, it's unlikely you will in your 40s and you should take heed of that and adjust your expectations (obviously this applies to non-novice lifters. If you start at 40 with a 135dl, yeah, you'll likely pr in 40s)

I don't want to tear something and have it be an issue for the rest of my life. Both of my parents have joint problems in their 50s and I've seen how much it can fuck up your quality of life. I'd rather have good health than be able to bench press 315 lbs.

Keep benching 315 or deadlifting 400 lbs and one day you're going to rip something that will prevent you from doing outdoors/ athletic stuff for the rest of your life.

few years ago when I was 28 I had a friend and coworker who was only 37 and he could barely walk, he used to be a power lifter and loved lifting heavy now his hip is fucked up and his back and his shoulders and knees, he got addicted to pain killers, he tried weed but it wasn't strong enough and only temporary

He was the one who advised me not to lift heavy for ego he said dont do what I did you dont need to lift heavy he said he wished he could still move without pain and wish he never focused on getting huge and howing off how much he could lift.

all that heavy lifting and showing off yet he is still young and can barely move and is jacked up on pain meds

I remember picking him up to go eat with some coworkers and he had trouble sitting down he was like an old guy, his joints and cartilage was screwed up, he told me his shoulders are basically to the bone, his rotator was so damaged from doing heavy dumbell presses to show off how strong he was that now trying to lift 10 pounds over his head hurts, he told me his shoulders tickle and his wrist from nerve damage as well, he has trouble focusing because of that tingling feeling in his wrist, he does a rehab every week in a pull thats what the majority of his workout consists of, doing those under water jogs and light movements under water

Id rather do safe workouts to keep me strong and healthy where I am mobile look good in a suit and can enjoy life I could care less about looking like a freak with massive muscles and boasting of a 300 pound bench press and 500 squat, why?

Ill stick to bodyweight stuff like push ups, dumbell jump squats, dips and pull/chin up.

few years ago when I was 28 I had a friend and coworker who was only 37 and he could barely walk, he used to be a power lifter and loved lifting heavy now his hip is fucked up and his back and his shoulders and knees, he got addicted to pain killers, he tried weed but it wasn't strong enough and only temporary

He was the one who advised me not to lift heavy for ego he said dont do what I did you dont need to lift heavy he said he wished he could still move without pain and wish he never focused on getting huge and howing off how much he could lift.

all that heavy lifting and showing off yet he is still young and can barely move and is jacked up on pain meds

I remember picking him up to go eat with some coworkers and he had trouble sitting down he was like an old guy, his joints and cartilage was screwed up, he told me his shoulders are basically to the bone, his rotator was so damaged from doing heavy dumbell presses to show off how strong he was that now trying to lift 10 pounds over his head hurts, he told me his shoulders tickle and his wrist from nerve damage as well, he has trouble focusing because of that tingling feeling in his wrist, he does a rehab every week in a pull thats what the majority of his workout consists of, doing those under water jogs and light movements under water

Id rather do safe workouts to keep me strong and healthy where I am mobile look good in a suit and can enjoy life I could care less about looking like a freak with massive muscles and boasting of a 300 pound bench press and 500 squat, why?

Ill stick to bodyweight stuff like push ups, dumbell jump squats, dips and pull/chin up.

The sad thing is all these lifting bros see guys like the "The Rock" or that Rich Piana freak and they think that it's really cool and Alpha.

That would have to do with unsafe lifting techniques, not the fact he was lifting heavy.

I'd say diet and mobility exercises are by far more important for long term health over heaving squatting and Rippetoe type of low rep high weight routines. I've seen plenty of guys who can squat well over 400lbs that can't do a lot of body weight type of movements without issue.
Not to mention dudes who can squat over 400lbs who are fat asses.

I recommend to a lot of you... well, actually to all of you, subscribe to Athlean X on youtube.

He brings comprehensive science to all things fitness, strength, dietary nutrition and stretching.

He's really no nonsense. Also points out exercises a lot of guys in the gym are doing wrong. Me too.

Trust me on this one.

That would have to do with unsafe lifting techniques, not the fact he was lifting heavy.
This is true ,but as you age I would say that you playing with fire or playing the lottery so to speak, if you continue to try and always outdo your max or do the same as you did when you were younger. That, along with bad form, is why many dudes herniate their disc or have other debilitating injuries. Doesn't mean you cant lift heavy as you age into your 50's, 60's 70's, but you obviously gotta taper off and listen to your body and not your ego. Justl ike in BJJ. Rafa Mendes will always be good for sure, but as he ages into his 50's and onward, its unrealistic to think hell roll with 100 against a guy like Buchecha or Rodolfo Viera. Doesn't mean he cant tap em. Just means that he is risking injury more and more if he always trains like that.

The sad thing is all these lifting bros see guys like the "The Rock" or that Rich Piana freak and they think that it's really cool and Alpha.
yeah Rich even said he was in pain and could barely wake up some mornings, he was jacked up on pain meds

The Rock takes TRT and uses growth hormone just to deal with his aches and pains, I wouldn't be surprised if he was on pain meds as well

Id rather look like this and be able to enjoy myself and move well and wear a nice suit and no rely on drugs
build-lean-muscle-and-lose-fat-workout.jpg

then look like this and having pain in my joints daily and having to be on high calories and testosterone to maintain 290 to 300 pounds of muscle
9fa33c476396aa141929ec8043b63016.jpg

This is true ,but as you age I would say that you playing with fire or playing the lottery so to speak, if you continue to try and always outdo your max or do the same as you did when you were younger. That, along with bad form, is why many dudes herniate their disc or have other debilitating injuries. Doesn't mean you cant lift heavy as you age into your 50's, 60's 70's, but you obviously gotta taper off and listen to your body and not your ego. Justl ike in BJJ. Rafa Mendes will always be good for sure, but as he ages into his 50's and onward, its unrealistic to think hell roll with 100 against a guy like Buchecha or Rodolfo Viera. Doesn't mean he cant tap em. Just means that he is risking injury more and more if he always trains like that.

This right here is one of my favorite workouts its called the Vertical Lift you dont use heavy weights just something that gives you a moderate tension not too light but not too heavy and you go for reps, great cardio and muscle endurance a guaranteed fat burner, I used to do this workout twice a week in high school, it was intense and had me so sore

Good luck to all. Stop drinking if you can and start training. Hit that bag. Joshua vs Wilder is coming

If you build up slow, stretch, warm up and hit your accessory exercises you don't get injured. Chances are very very low anyway. Way lower than sports. I get an injury from everyday life more often than I do from lifting weights and I'm pushing it pretty fucking hard.

Diet is the key.
Those people eat shitty food which is why all that fat goes to their belly.
Exercising certainly helps , but it's just a bandaid if your diet is shite.

Diet is the key to how much fat and muscle you can put on. You can still get strong as fuck eating shit and you'll look a lot better for it.

Gotta love me some salmon, brown rice, greens and soy sauce tho, mmmmm mmm.

If you build up slow, stretch, warm up and hit your accessory exercises you don't get injured. Chances are very very low anyway. Way lower than sports. I get an injury from everyday life more often than I do from lifting weights and I'm pushing it pretty fucking hard.

I lift heavy (heavy for me anyway) and my most recent injury came from sitting down wrong. I don't see why you'd get injured if you're using correct form. But doing even the mundane everyday tasks can cause injury if you have bad form and posture. I realized how much important posture is the older I get.

This right here is one of my favorite workouts its called the Vertical Lift you dont use heavy weights just something that gives you a moderate tension not too light but not too heavy and you go for reps, great cardio and muscle endurance a guaranteed fat burner, I used to do this workout twice a week in high school, it was intense and had me so sore

Have to start adding those to my gym workouts. Good stuff.

Back