Premier League Thread 2017/18 v85: Deffs 30th Birthday edition

Am I old as fuck?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Far as i'm concerned Spurs season is already pretty much over. Whereas you lot still have a CL QF to get knocked out of.

Winning the FA Cup would do nothing Spurs, imo. I dont subscribe to Cloughy/Mou's "winning trophy's instills a needed winning mentality" anymore.

The FA Cup & Lg Cup are tinpot & have been degraded beyond repair.

Spurs go to Stamford Bridge in a few weeks......lose that and they have a fight to keep in the top 4. They have plenty to play for.

Spurs fans would love to win the FA Cup, surely.....as would there players.

United are not even in the CL quarter finals yet. Sevilla getting a result at OT would not be THAT shocking, imo, especially if Pool turn us over on Saturday.

Klopp & Poch have consistently strengthened their Clubs.

Roman's distracted, saving up for new digs & Wenger's death rattle is in it's 9th month.

Spurs go to Stamford Bridge in a few weeks......lose that and they have a fight to keep in the top 4. They have plenty to play for.

Spurs fans would love to win the FA Cup, surely.....as would there players.

United are not even in the CL quarter finals yet. Sevilla getting a result at OT would not be THAT shocking, imo, especially if Pool turn us over on Saturday.
Spurs have an easier run in. Chelsea is their only tough game. Have no other London derbies to trip them up.

Unless Poch starts blooding some kids in, i'll be surprised if they dont overtake Utd & get 2nd or 3rd.

What is the relevance of being "top 3"?
There's 4 clubs in the title race next season & i have Utd's squad, and Manager, currently as the 4th best.

With no CL likely for Chelsea next season though. You may have a fight on to qualify for 2019/20 CL.

I actually have Mou down as 5th best Manager but Conte looks like he's off soon.

Spurs have an easier run in. Chelsea is their only tough game. Have no other London derbies to trip them up.

Unless Poch starts blooding some kids in, i'll be surprised if they dont overtake Utd & get 2nd or 3rd.

Maybe.......still just a couple of bad results away from being in a fight for top 4. Of course they are favourites to do it, but it is far from a guarantee.

With such a deep relegation battle, there's not going to be many teams phoning it in.

There's 4 clubs in the title race next season & i have Utd's squad, and Manager, currently as the 4th best.

With no CL likely for Chelsea next season though. You may have a fight on to qualify for 2019/20 CL.

Far too early to speculate on next season. The last 3-4 seasons has shown the league can be massively unpredictable. Got to assume big money will be spent by usual suspects, again.

Maybe.......still just a couple of bad results away from being in a fight for top 4. Of course they are favourites to do it, but it is far from a guarantee.

With such a deep relegation battle, there's not going to be many teams phoning it in.
They just bossed Juve over 180 mins. They'll be fine.

Far too early to speculate on next season. The last 3-4 seasons has shown the league can be massively unpredictable. Got to assume big money will be spent by usual suspects, again.
What evolution at Utd have you seen so far under Mou to suggest more of his signings will strengthen you?

Every Spurs player except Lloris has improved this season. Even Aurier has a smidge.

Klopp has young rookie FB's playing out their skin. Has Karius looking immense & has even got Ox looking like a fn solid midfielder inside a few mths.

What evolution at Utd have you seen so far under Mou to suggest more of his signings will strengthen you?

Don't really understand the question.

Until I got on the players case a few weeks ago you suggested it was all Mourinho's fault and that most of the players would thrive else where. Changed your mind on that?

Think United are only 2-3 players away from being a half decent team, despite a disappointing couple of signings under JM. No guarantee we'll make the right seasons in the summer, of course.

Considering we've relied on Valencia, Smalling, Young (and to a lesser extent) Lindelof this season, it's a wonder we are not doing an Arsenal.

Don't really understand the question.

Until I got on the players case a few weeks ago you suggested it was all Mourinho's fault and that most of the players would thrive else where. Changed your mind on that?

Think United are only 2-3 players away from being a half decent team, despite a disappointing couple of signings under JM. No guarantee we'll make the right seasons in the summer, of course.

Considering we've relied on Valencia, Smalling, Young (and to a lesser extent) Lindelof this season, it's a wonder we are not doing an Arsenal.
My point is Mourinho is too one dimensional.

He knows how to throw a spanner in the spokes of opposition tempo but needs ready made elite players to win major trophy's.

He cant draw them to him or Utd

Had to read through the thread today, don’t have time to like posts. Highs and lows, good games, free for all violent fights from all different individuals, posts while under the influence, random posts about United when they aren’t playing. This place in a classic nutshell

*fred

bless

Without De Gea yould be swimming in EL mediocrity battling it out with Arsenal & Burnley

True

If Kroenke offed Wenger then signed a Conte, Ancellotti or an Allegri, who bring in a decent CM & CB ... Arsenal would already be back at Utd's level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back