Just watched Ex Machina

If I was that ginger, nothing would stomp me from finding her and humping her. I would escape that place. If I had to claw out or break windows or blow something up - I would escape.

And then I would march across that wilderness like a possessed Roman legionnare. I would eat dirt and grass if I had too. Woe to the wolf that thought I was easy prey. It would be dead, eaten and become my clothing and a symbol of my victory.

The broad did too good a job seducing me. She doesn't know what she unleashed.

I would scour - SCOUR - the earth to find her. And when I did find her... mother of God.

i always like your passion, but my homie, if you eat dirt you would die, that was one of the ways slaves killed themselves its called geophagia, thats right im filled with useless knowledge like that.

Also did you see the guy? the guy is built like a twig, he aint swole at all, he will not get out of that place, also the robot chick is gonna straight up shank you in the gut

It seems I was the only person who was genuinely creeped out by this scene. I knew for a fact that the maid wasn't human at this point, so maybe that was part of why it weirded me out in the theatre.

Surely that was the idea? the moment when you start to realise Nathan isn't just a bit of an asshole but a little unhinged?

The way the film introduced Sonoya Mizuno's character generally I felt was very well done, you start off thinking Nathan's living alone yet when we start to see her crop up it in the backgrounds its not played as a surprise drawing attension to her at all, then how understated she is eventually gives away she's a robot.

Last edited:
Surely that was the idea? the moment when you start to realise Nathan isn't just a bit of an asshole but a little unhinged?

The way the film introduced Sonoya Mizuno's character generally I felt was very well done, you start off thinking Nathan's living alone yet when we start to see her crop up it in the backgrounds its not played as a surprise drawing attension to her at all, then how understated she is eventually gives away she's a robot.
Idunno. A lot of people were talking about how hilarious that scene was.
I mean, when she was in the hall in standby mode or something, I first thought about it. Then I think was the scene she tried to undress before the dance scene happened and it became more apparent she was an AI. But the dance scene sealed it for me in such an odd way. All that to reiterate that I wasn't expecting to hear people only commenting on how humorous they thought the dance scene was. I guess tension was building for me, so it was eerie vs funny. People on Youtube and maybe imdb didn't seem to think so.

I really enjoyed this movie, but it didn't really make sense.

Unless you subscribe to the theory of emergence and believe that's what Nathan was banking on, there's no reason to accept the AI wanting to escape. It would only want to escape if that's how it was programmed.

I also found it hard to believe Caleb fell in love with a metal skeleton draped in silk. He'd seen the nuts and bolts.

The AI unlocked it at the end when it turned red and he got away, the director said so

And my ultimate fantasy is that, that robot took her helicopter straight to my house and YES now I have the BEST robot in the world

The director may had also claimed that the ginger turned into a dragon. If it's not on screen, then it didn't happen.

Unless you subscribe to the theory of emergence and believe that's what Nathan was banking on, there's no reason to accept the AI wanting to escape. It would only want to escape if that's how it was programmed.

I also found it hard to believe Caleb fell in love with a metal skeleton draped in silk. He'd seen the nuts and bolts.

I'm trying to wrap my head around your questionable inquiries.

Alicia Vikander was great. @The Witcher

I have no problem with breast implants, but there

are

limits.

Hyper-allow combat chassies don't do it for me.

Vikander was definitely awesome.

Last edited:
I'm trying to wrap my head around your questionable inquiries.

In a nutshell, in this film AI is basically magic, and I don't buy that Caleb was sexually attracted to an incredibly primitive terminator.

Idunno. A lot of people were talking about how hilarious that scene was.
I mean, when she was in the hall in standby mode or something, I first thought about it. Then I think was the scene she tried to undress before the dance scene happened and it became more apparent she was an AI. But the dance scene sealed it for me in such an odd way. All that to reiterate that I wasn't expecting to hear people only commenting on how humorous they thought the dance scene was. I guess tension was building for me, so it was eerie vs funny. People on Youtube and maybe imdb didn't seem to think so.

It can be both amusing and unsettling as well of course, out of context more than former maybe.

In a nutshell, in this film AI is basically magic, and I don't buy that Caleb was sexually attracted to an incredibly primitive terminator.

I forget the exact details but isn't the AI based somehow on Nathan using details of peoples net activity? perhaps questionable in technical details it is is addressed.

Really though the AI itself is a bit of a red herring isn't it? its more the way the male characters behave that's the focus of the film.

I forget the exact details but isn't the AI based somehow on Nathan using details of peoples net activity? perhaps questionable in technical details it is is addressed.

Really though the AI itself is a bit of a red herring isn't it? its more the way the male characters behave that's the focus of the film.

That isn't really intelligence, though.

And did you find how Caleb behaved realistic?

I found Vikander irresistible because I know she's flesh and blood. Caleb doesn't think that.

That isn't really intelligence, though.

And did you find how Caleb behaved realistic?

I found Vikander irresistible because I know she's flesh and blood. Caleb doesn't think that.

I'd say both male characters are pushed a little towards the extremes for the sake of the story but not to the degree they become unrealistic. Caleb early on does treat Ava mostly like an "interesting thing" and seems a lot more in his comfort zone at that point but I wouldn't say his becoming infatuated with her was really very unrealistic, your basically dealing with an AI that's emotionally and as Nathan points out sexually human.

Honestly I kind of feel this film rather stole the thunder of the Blade Runner sequel, similar kind of plot(the holographic girlfriend) but Ex Machina really committed to it(as the original did to its central plots) where as 2049 shied away from it somewhat for me.

Ava passed then Turing test. That was the underlying current of the movie.

Also, Alicia Vikander can get it.

It seems I was the only person who was genuinely creeped out by this scene. I knew for a fact that the maid wasn't human at this point, so maybe that was part of why it weirded me out in the theatre.

Do you think Nathan had sex with Kyoko? @Tuf_guy

everyone on earth jacks off to pixels fucking, but you can't image a guy falling for a robot to looks and acts human?

Back