• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Whose UFC Career Disappointed You the Most?

olympic wrestler who was somehow average in wmma
saramcmann_pic01.jpg

After he stomped out Frank Mir like a bug...i had high hopes for him...
image.jpg
And even more for his 2nd stint...
image.jpg

Most recently, Will Brooks was a massive disappointment. After beating Michael Chandler 2x, I really thought he'd go further than a close fight against Ross Pearson, followed by getting finished a few times.

Nick Diaz.

When he came back to the UFC and beat BJ the way he did I was so fucking pumped.

Nick lost the first round to an out-of-shape, over-the-hill Light Weight. Lost the striking 33 - 20. The "best boxer in MMA" got boxed up. By a manlet.

Then the little butterball ran out of gas, making Nick look good.

If BJ was the same size as Nick, and in condition, he would beat the hell out of Diaz 10/10 times. But he isn't and he wasn't.

Jon Jones.

I really wish he didn't piss hot/run over a pregnant lady/crash a post/do cocaine, etc., he maybe could've gone 30-0 + get the HW belt, who knows.

Or maybe he'd barely break top 10 because he was on the sauce his whole career, hard to say.

I've been around forever, I'll never understand what happened to this guy, I always thought he had crazy potential...

images

I remember back when I first joined the forum, a lot of people were high on Brandon Vera. Beyond this forum, a lot of analysts were high on him as well. he had a lot of great tools but he never realized the expectation that were placed on him.

BJ Penn.

Had the natural tools to be the GOAT. But relied on his physical skills to carry him. He needed to really work on his cardio, and to continually move his skillset forward. He didn't.

Still one of my 3 favorite fighters ever, and also the biggest disappointment.

Guillard.

Had all of the physical tools, just couldn't quite get to the title picture.

Definitely Cro Cop for me. All time favorite fighter, he was in great form in 2006 and had won the OWGP. The Gonzaga loss was devastating and he never got it all the way together in the UFC.

Worst part is you got little hints of how he would have done vs these guys in his prime.

JDS fight for example, he was definitely the stronger fighter, but never pulled the trigger.

Back