• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Whose UFC Career Disappointed You the Most?

Jake Tyler. He hurt his ribs badly in the tournament, but still managed to take out the reigning Champ Ryan McCarthy. And then poof, gone, never to be heard from again. Weird, and seriously dissapointing.

Karo Parisyan. The guy's own father entered him in a bare knuckle match in Mexico against a grown ass professional fighter when he was like 14 years old and he won.

I always wondered what Karo could have done if he wasn't so plagued by his own personal demons.

Watching him back in the day he brought a more exciting form of grappling (IMO) in judo, which I always saw as a great advantage in MMA considering that the disciplines weren't as varied back then and blended diverse takedowns and seldom seen submissions. He had certain advantages over some wrestlers and BBJ practitioners that few other fighters had, so he'll certainly always be one of those fighters where you wonder what could have happened if he found the right groove.

Pretty pumped to see how Huerta does against Benson

Yeah me too. I thought he would do better in other orgs. He was nearly decapitated in One FC.

Edit: also TJGrant...dude had it going on before he was derailed by concussion issues. He used to be sponsored by a company I worked for.

Shogun and Big Nog were champions, at least, after so many wars at PRIDE i think it's understandable that once champs they weren't dominant. (and Big Nog would've beat the shit of Lesnar and then submitted him, Mir was a terrible match up)

Melvin Guillard was always the monster no one wanted to strike with, but never improved his grappling game, i wonder how far he could have gone with Lawler/Aldo TDD level.

Tim Kennedy and Uriah Hall also comes to mind, 2 guys that looked promising while fighting outside, Tim obviously being a former contender at SF having a good fight with Rockhold, and ends with a 3-2 record at UFC losing to a welterweight-sized chicano. Hall and his .500 record was also unexpected.
you're saying that mir was a terrible matchup for big nog? wasn't he destroying him on the feet in the second fight? yes, then went to the ground and the rest is history, but....

Got to go with the most exciting fighter of his time... Wanderlei Silva. The guy was so dominate in Pride. Did take a bunch of damage over his career. But lost some fights he should have won in the UFC.
Yea his Liddell fight was on the top 25 fights of all time on FS1. Amazing fight. Wand was game that night and swung with Chuck. I thought it was a very close fight.

Ian McCall entered the UFC having captured the TPF 125 title from Montague, having also beaten Dustin Ortiz & Formiga back to back. Once he was signed to the UFC everything seemed fall apart around him & he exited the UFC with a 3-5-1 record.

Karo Parisyan. The guy's own father entered him in a bare knuckle match in Mexico against a grown ass professional fighter when he was like 14 years old and he won.

20140413024447_IMG_0063.JPG

Karo had the best Judo throws in MMA.

Karo-Parisyan-vs-Diego-Sanchez-Ashi-guruma.gif

Here is a story and a video about Karo fighting at age 14. Great vid of Karo explaining how this went down.

At age 14, Karo Parisyan was the epitome of a modern-day warrior.

While most kids were hanging out with friends and playing video games, Parisyan was stepping into an MMA ring and fighting grown men.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...aro-parisyan-fighting-23-year-old-mma-fighter

Karo was not a big WW but fought like one. He had awesome throws, good subs, a great chin, and aggressive standup. I always thought he could’ve been a legend, maybe a champ, if he got over his anxiety and drug issues.

Mirko, Roger Huerta, Ellenberger, Rory, Bermudez.

Marcin Tybura:
  • Vacated the M-1 Heavyweight title when he signed for the UFC.
  • 13-1 with his only loss coming via doctor stoppage against 12-1 Stephan Puetz.
  • Only 30 years old, way younger than most of the top heavyweights at the time.
  • 6'3, 78" reach, 240lbs+ - in decent shape...
Tybura.vs_.Delija.Weigh_.jpg

Mirko, of course. Favorite fighter.
Barnett. I thought he'd win the belt.

Mousasi, Josh Thomson, KJ Noons, Masvidal, Nick Diaz, Rory

Moose went 10-3 and was positioning himself for a title shot when he left, that's not bad at all.

Cung Le was a bit of a letdown, it's too bad he didn't start MMA younger.

Dan Henderson really deserved to go out as the ufc world mw champion so I'm a bit disappointed but he had a legendary career regardless.

Same with sonen, had two favouable matchup against Anderson but blew it, Jones ducked him when he was ready to go but Greg Jackson and mom Jones ducked. Also once they did fight Jones broke his toe and would have lost inbetween rounds? Too his injury for sonen? The story isn' over yet and sonnen is in the semi finals of the bellator world gp. But ufc, he should have won something...

My wildcards is 'jorge Santiago' who was this and that and had the fight of the year in senguko and what not but couldn'
Ever even win a fight in the ufc

Has to be Cro Cop. I still refuse to watch his UFC run beside the Gonzaga rematch.
Also that no-hooks schoolyard RNC he hit on a gagging Pat Barry is a heart-warmer

Though I hated all the hugging

Random, but

Dave Herman

both Polish Marcin leg-lockers

Crocop
Guillard
Overeem
Cain (injuries)

Honestly though I think Crocop and Overeem are a testament to PEDs. They work. When you get off them it has an impact.

Back