Whose UFC Career Disappointed You the Most?

Cain Velasquez, after he beat Brock I thought he would dominate and be champ for many years and he looked unbeatable and had it all. But its been a huge disappointment, he just never fights. Is always injured and I have no hope that he will actually fight anytime soon, just expect another pull out again sadly.

UmfMEd.gif

CainVelasquezUFC_zps71binhly.gif

Conor. The so called champ champ could have gone down as one of the greats, instead he's content with being remember as a non defender who made money. Yawn.

Definitely Cro Cop for me. All time favorite fighter, he was in great form in 2006 and had won the OWGP. The Gonzaga loss was devastating and he never got it all the way together in the UFC.

how can there be any answer other than cro cop

Cro Cop is my answer I thought he’d steamroll the heavyweight division

Whether it was failing to live up to the hype, sticking around too long, or just never reaching their full potential, whose UFC career disappointed you the most?

Here's a few of mine that spring to mind:

- Ben Rothwell: A big name in mma at the time he joined the roster but he only fought 10 TIMES despite being on the roster for 9 years! Every big win he had went nowhere and a lot of interesting matchups (vs Cro Cop, vs Werdum, vs Stipe) fell through because of injuries or suspensions. He could have been a reliable gatekeeper or unlikely contender for years but instead, he has faded into obscurity.

- Little Nog: Similar to Ben, Little Nog came in with a big name and was just never able make it to the cage consistently. Probably the most injury prone fighter in history, it was nearly impossible to get excited for one of his fights because he was likely to pull out 90% of the time. Many Pride dream matches were ruined because of this and the barren wasteland that is the 205 division could still have a name floating around if Diet Nog's career panned out.

- Big Nog: A top 3 HW and one of the most beloved fighters in mma history prior to joining the UFC, Nog was a bit too battle torn to fight at the same level as he did in Pride. Once known for being classy and durable, Nog got finished... a lot once joining the UFC roster and became infamous for making Tito Ortiz level excuses about the losses which really tainted his legacy to some.

- Shogun: Ranked #1 in the world when he arrived, Shogun could have been champ for years to come but despite being young, his knees had too many miles on them for him to regain his old form. His win over Machida was one of the most epic in history, but it's still disappointing to have never seen him string together a real streak of great performances.

There are plenty more examples to think of (Jones, Cro Cop, Anderson, Machida, etc). Whose UFC career do you associate the most with feelings of disappointment?
Condor could easily have been the GOAT if only he had defended each title ONCE... but alas...

Whether it was failing to live up to the hype, sticking around too long, or just never reaching their full potential, whose UFC career disappointed you the most?

Here's a few of mine that spring to mind:

- Ben Rothwell: A big name in mma at the time he joined the roster but he only fought 10 TIMES despite being on the roster for 9 years! Every big win he had went nowhere and a lot of interesting matchups (vs Cro Cop, vs Werdum, vs Stipe) fell through because of injuries or suspensions. He could have been a reliable gatekeeper or unlikely contender for years but instead, he has faded into obscurity.

- Little Nog: Similar to Ben, Little Nog came in with a big name and was just never able make it to the cage consistently. Probably the most injury prone fighter in history, it was nearly impossible to get excited for one of his fights because he was likely to pull out 90% of the time. Many Pride dream matches were ruined because of this and the barren wasteland that is the 205 division could still have a name floating around if Diet Nog's career panned out.

- Big Nog: A top 3 HW and one of the most beloved fighters in mma history prior to joining the UFC, Nog was a bit too battle torn to fight at the same level as he did in Pride. Once known for being classy and durable, Nog got finished... a lot once joining the UFC roster and became infamous for making Tito Ortiz level excuses about the losses which really tainted his legacy to some.

- Shogun: Ranked #1 in the world when he arrived, Shogun could have been champ for years to come but despite being young, his knees had too many miles on them for him to regain his old form. His win over Machida was one of the most epic in history, but it's still disappointing to have never seen him string together a real streak of great performances.

There are plenty more examples to think of (Jones, Cro Cop, Anderson, Machida, etc). Whose UFC career do you associate the most with feelings of disappointment?
Hatsu Hioki

Conor and jones, both for being scared. Conor for not defending and jones for needing steroids over older fighters.

Michihiro Omigawa...
image.jpg
High Level Judo guy...
Got signed when he had wins over: Hioki, Sandro, Nam Phan, LC Davis, Takaya, Escovedo...

I thought he would be a very good addition to 145....

1. fight was against Chad Mendes....lost it...thx to Chad doing allmost nothing but wrestling..
Went 1-4 and got cut...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeKa
Back