Whose UFC Career Disappointed You the Most?

He may not be a well known fighter but I'd go with "Relentless" Paul Taylor due to his exciting style,

His mma career may have gone long if only he join a proper camp.

Sadly he ended up being a 1 dimensional kickboxer, yet awesome kickboxer in mma.

Wait what....

shoulda coulda woulda

What actually happened is Nick put it on him.

Yes he did. That's Nick's wheelhouse, beating smaller guys, or old, over-the-hill guys, or guys that are both.

Put Nick in with a prime fighter who is the same size and he turtles up like a bitch.

Shopworn Big Nog won the belt lol

How's that disappointing?

Everyone uses steroids. Jones just got caught.. wtf
7V1wTrL.gif

Yes he did. That's Nick's wheelhouse, beating smaller guys, or old, over-the-hill guys, or guys that are both.

Put Nick in with a prime fighter who is the same size and he turtles up like a bitch.
I didn’t know we had such a tough guy over here. Maybe you should train Nick Diaz.

Rory.
Such a great career, such a beast...

..lauded to be "the future" after GSP, and despite a great 20-4 record, never got the gold.

I didn’t know we had such a tough guy over here. Maybe you should train Nick Diaz.

I didn't know we had such a little bitch over here. Maybe you should get Nick's balls out of your mouth.

TRT Vitor when they took away the juice and turned him into a Dad bod. TRT Vitor was a majestic otherworldly assassin with a crazy lions mane hairdo that had a fucking cross shaved into it. Bisping to Hendo 1 he was on that grade A juice. He had crazy kicks you couldn’t see coming. One punch literally made Hendo fly into the air. Who else has done that? On the juice I’m convinced he was unstoppable at middleweight. I wanted him to get that title and keep juicing and destroying people in half a round.

Definitely Cro Cop for me. All time favorite fighter, he was in great form in 2006 and had won the OWGP. The Gonzaga loss was devastating and he never got it all the way together in the UFC.
Or couldn't use steroids in UFC

Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, and Chael Sonnen.

I really enjoyed watching them.
Then they got busted more than once.

Cain Velasquez, after he beat Brock I thought he would dominate and be champ for many years and he looked unbeatable and had it all. But its been a huge disappointment, he just never fights. Is always injured and I have no hope that he will actually fight anytime soon, just expect another pull out again sadly.

This is bang on. Velasquez absolutely destroyed Lesnar, JDS and TRT Bigfoot. He was a wrecking ball that could take down 99% of fighters, vicious ground and pound, good dirty boxing and endless cardio in a division where nobody has any cardio. He could have been an all time great or a legend of the sport, but he'll be remembered as a bit of an enigma or a what if, which is a shame. Since 2013 he's only fought twice, lost once and beat a nobody in Travis Brown. So he basically accomplished nothing after the age of 30.

He never fought Stipe, rematched Werdum, Ngannou, Overeem or (as yet) won the title again.

Bj Pen is who's name screamed the loudest at me when i read the topic.

It's not his fault but if Frank Mir didn't have his motorcycle accident
I think he would have a few more title defences.

Crocop. I wanted to see him headkick everyone into oblivion but he turned into a joke which was very sad

I thought Denis "K"ang was going to be a mover and a shaker, but I was most disappointed by how things turned out for Martin Kampmann. He beat Condit, lost that BS decision against Diego, went on a streak culminating in an awesome come-back submission win over Alves to get in the picture for a title shot, and then Hendricks sent him skidding across the mat like something out of a cartoon. I liked his understated, matter of fact style.

Back