NCAA Basketball 17-18 Discussion. Fake Classes Win Championships Edition

Gayson really let us all down with that missed shot.

Didn't watch the game but I'm going to say the defense did a good job. Bagley is a physical specimen but his defense is MUCH better than his offense. His points come from dunks and short shots when his size makes it unblockable. He has no "go to" shot. The NBA is going to be a hard transition for him. He would be well served with another year in college.

Huh? Bagley's defense is bad.

He dominated college. Most consistent freshman since Durant. Another year would be a waste of time.

Huh? Bagley's defense is bad.

He dominated college. Most consistent freshman since Durant. Another year would be a waste of time.

As a Heels fan maybe I have a distorted perspective. He was amazing defensively around the rim with amazing timing on jumps.

Offensively I stand by what I said. He gets by with amazing physical talent but that won't fly in the NBA. But I want him to leave. If he comes back Duke is pretty much a lock to win it all. The Fr. class next season is crazy. They have the #1, #2, #3 and the #13 recruit in the nation.

As a Heels fan maybe I have a distorted perspective. He was amazing defensively around the rim with amazing timing on jumps.

Offensively I stand by what I said. He gets by with amazing physical talent but that won't fly in the NBA. But I want him to leave. If he comes back Duke is pretty much a lock to win it all. The Fr. class next season is crazy. They have the #1, #2, #3 and the #13 recruit in the nation.

I just don't see what returning to college does for him. He's too good for the scrubs he goes against; it would just stunt his growth to play against the same weaklings.

Duke has gone all in on the One-And-Done train, but that hasn't paid off the way everyone has assumed. I wouldn't be surprised if Duke was soft and struggled against next year with Coach K at the helm.

I just don't see what returning to college does for him. He's too good for the scrubs he goes against; it would just stunt his growth to play against the same weaklings.

Duke has gone all in on the One-And-Done train, but that hasn't paid off the way everyone has assumed. I wouldn't be surprised if Duke was soft and struggled against next year with Coach K at the helm.

Bagley's overall play would benefit from another year in college. I think you are reading stat lines and not seeing the player behind them.

That said he will be a top 3 pick if not #1. Glad to see him go.

Bagley's overall play would benefit from another year in college. I think you are reading stat lines and not seeing the player behind them.

That said he will be a top 3 pick if not #1. Glad to see him go.

I just don't see how playing against weak competition helps him. He's still going to be too quick and active for any other big in college. He still gets to be lazy on defense due to trash opposition. He'll just continue to outwork guys for open shots around the rim, offensive rebounds, and put backs while hitting open 3s from time to time.

I just don't see how playing against weak competition helps him. He's still going to be too quick and active for any other big in college. He still gets to be lazy on defense due to trash opposition. He'll just continue to outwork guys for open shots around the rim, offensive rebounds, and put backs while hitting open 3s from time to time.

And against "weak" competition he still has no go-to offensive move.

He is going to be a 15-10 guy.

Will Grayson Allen be a good NBA player?
i

He scored 20 points on 59% shooting. What "go-to offensive move" do you want him to do?

A nice baseline hook? Being able to back someone down that he didn't have 5 inches on?

We don't agree on this. You think he is Anthony Davis. He is no where close.

Let's stop spamming this thread with the argument. I look forward to the Final 4.

A nice baseline hook? Being able to back someone down that he didn't have 5 inches on?

We don't agree on this. You think he is Anthony Davis. He is no where close.

Let's stop spamming this thread with the argument. I look forward to the Final 4.

<bball1>

Anthony Davis was a beast on defense and was nowhere the offensive player Bagley is. They are the complete opposites.

We don't agree because you haven't explained what he is going to learn going back to school. He already dominated on offense and would be a year stronger/better and would continue to do the same thing. No one in the ACC (or really the country) could keep up with him out hustling everyone for easy buckets.

<bball1>

Anthony Davis was a beast on defense and was nowhere the offensive player Bagley is. They are the complete opposites.

We don't agree because you haven't explained what he is going to learn going back to school. He already dominated on offense and would be a year stronger/better and would continue to do the same thing. No one in the ACC (or really the country) could keep up with him out hustling everyone for easy buckets.

I've already said another year of college would help his offensive game.

I just don't care about this subject like you. I stand by my statements. We don't agree. It's ok not to agree. The earth will still spin and next year there will be other freshman that are fantastic prospects.

Pitt never should have left the Big East.

Sad to see Coach Mack leave the X-Men. Terrific coach. The Ville will rip ass under him. Far classier guy than Pitino, too.

Huge get for Louisville.

Guess he couldn't turn down the money. Gets away from Jay Wright too.

Back