NCAA Basketball 17-18 Discussion. Fake Classes Win Championships Edition

Jesus Christ, imagine making millions of dollars a year and spending your entire adult life in Cincy and Louisville. The median home value in each of those cities is about $125k. The median home value in Lower Manhattan or Midtown Manhattan is about $1 million.

Dude can afford several mansions where he lives. Talk about your money going far.

I've already said another year of college would help his offensive game.

I just don't care about this subject like you. I stand by my statements. We don't agree. It's ok not to agree. The earth will still spin and next year there will be other freshman that are fantastic prospects.

I think his offense will develop much better playing against NBA players and training with NBA teams than in college. I love March Madness, but college ball is very low level compared to the NBA and most of these coaches couldn't give a shit about developing these players. In an ideal world, guys like Bagley would be going straight into the NBA. These guys games would be better served for it.

The whole another year of college argument is pointless when you’re a first round pick. Go get paid.

That wasn't my point though.
You want him to stay in school because you think he’ll get better playing against inferior talent don’t you? He’s better off getting paid.

You want him to stay in school because you think he’ll get better playing against inferior talent don’t you? He’s better off getting paid.

I think another year of college to hone his game(mentally as much if not more than physically) would help him. Financially of course he would be better off leaving, but that wasn't the argument to begin with. In fact it was never mentioned.

I think another year of college to hone his game(mentally as much if not more than physically) would help him. Financially of course he would be better off leaving, but that wasn't the argument to begin with. In fact it was never mentioned.

I think I just disagree on how much guys actually develop from a basketball perspective in college these days. I think it used to be different 15-20 years ago, but today - more players stagnate in college than develop their games.

I think I just disagree on how much guys actually develop from a basketball perspective in college these days. I think it used to be different 15-20 years ago, but today - more players stagnate in college than develop their games.

You very well may be right. Admittedly I don't watch nearly as much ball as I used to. I basically just watch Tarheel games until tourney time.

You very well may be right. Admittedly I don't watch nearly as much ball as I used to. I basically just watch Tarheel games until tourney time.

There's so much money on the line for the big programs like UNC and Kentucky, they're just trying to win games. NCAA regs limit the amount of practice time per week. These kids are on the court so much more when they go to the NBA and have double the amount of coaches to give them individual attention. Also, I think NBA teams are willing to be more patient with these guys than they were when they put the one and done rule into effect.

You guys seen the Marvin Bagley story going around? Family went from 44k income and bankrupt to living in a 750k+ home coincidentally around the time Nike sponsored the team Bagley played on and his dad was running.

I’d link it but I’m on my phone.

There's so much money on the line for the big programs like UNC and Kentucky, they're just trying to win games. NCAA regs limit the amount of practice time per week. These kids are on the court so much more when they go to the NBA and have double the amount of coaches to give them individual attention. Also, I think NBA teams are willing to be more patient with these guys than they were when they put the one and done rule into effect.

This is something I was thinking myself.

You guys seen the Marvin Bagley story going around? Family went from 44k income and bankrupt to living in a 750k+ home coincidentally around the time Nike sponsored the team Bagley played on and his dad was running.

imnotsurpriseddiaz.gif

Nothing wrong with this when Duke made a bunch of money off of him.

One and done rule should just get eliminated.

I like how they do it in baseball. You can be drafted out of high school but if you go to college instead then you have to stay at least 3 years.
Football is on a whole other level though. I don't think anyone would be NFL ready right out of high school.

I like how they do it in baseball. You can be drafted out of high school but if you go to college instead then you have to stay at least 3 years.
Football is on a whole other level though. I don't think anyone would be NFL ready right out of high school.

I think most kids would just go pro in that situation. I don't see many of the top recruits committing to 3 years of college. I'm sure they'd rather just end up in the G League.

MVP of the McDonald's All-American game is going to UNC. He humiliated the dook prospects and even made Zion look so foolish he faked an injury to save face.

I agree. It's collusion between the NCAA and the NBA.

I think it fucks the NCAA more than anything.

NBA is just being lazy and trying to protect themselves from making mistakes with 18 year olds. Ironically, I don't think their success rate drafting 19 years olds is much better.

Back