NCAA Wrestling

No Russia, no Iran and no Turkey at the Freestyle World Cup in Iowa. Damn, politics.

Gabe Steveson is wrestling at the Bill Farrell. Doesn't look like there are many big names at 125Kg wrestling so it could be doable for him.

If anybody knows the Louisville/Elizabethtown/Radcliff KY PM me. I’m looking at a potential job in the area and it’s very appealing so far, but want to know more about that area in general because I know next to zero people from around there

Gabe Steveson is wrestling at the Bill Farrell. Doesn't look like there are many big names at 125Kg wrestling so it could be doable for him.
This kid Ceron Francisco is intriguing. I posted about him a few pages back. Totally green, played football until his senior year in HS and switched to wrestling after he had a massive growth spurt. He wrestled NAIA and only started to really wrestle well his senior year. He is being mentored by the Paulson bros and they are talking about his potential. Hes HUGE. Him and Steveson will probably meet upo in this tourney. Steveson should mop him up at this point though.

MMA super prospect Deron Winn wrestling at the Bill Farrell as well. Cant get any fights so he is wrestling again.

Univeristy of Arkansas at Little Rock is adding a D1 team
I saw that on another sight, who they getting to coach? After seeing what guys like Pat Poplizio and Chris Bono have done at emerging DI schools, its clear the right coach can take a program very far in a short period of time. Which reminds me, is John Reader going with Bono or staying at SDSU?

I saw that on another sight, who they getting to coach? After seeing what guys like Pat Poplizio and Chris Bono have done at emerging DI schools, its clear the right coach can take a program very far in a short period of time. Which reminds me, is John Reader going with Bono or staying at SDSU?
He’s following bono

He’s following bono
I figured that. Is there any really good wrestlers at Wisconsin? Because I know Reader went to SDSU in the first place bc Bono sold him on it as a great situation to be able to basically train full time for his own competitive career. Kinda like what Burroughs has going on in Nebraska.

Back