As Tesla Breaks Faith With Its Believers, It's Time To Go Short

Yeah, Tesla is in serious trouble. This is the worst it has ever been.

If the government is going to play crony capitalism and give billions in subsidies to dogshit tier companies like Walmart then we can afford to prop up visionary genius entrepreneurs like musk.

How many people does Wal Mart employ vs Tesla? I feel the numbers are drastically different.

You can buy an all electric Nissan Leaf.

You could also run backwards through a cornfield.

I might be missing something, but I don't think anyone dropping 80-130k on a car is really concerned with losing 3.5k in tax credits.

And yes, I realize a credit crunch would hurt; I just dont understand the comment on the tax incentive.

I was watching something the other day, a rich and famous person, forgot who. Said he wanted a Tesla but he also wants a fuckin car. Tesla can't give him a car so he is going to someone who can and took back his deposit. He is sick of waiting. The people waiting for these cars are starting to look like the people who lined up down the street for new Apple products.

Watch Tesla top $600 a share in two years.

Scared puppies need not apply.

I was watching something the other day, a rich and famous person, forgot who. Said he wanted a Tesla but he also wants a fuckin car. Tesla can't give him a car so he is going to someone who can and took back his deposit. He is sick of waiting. The people waiting for these cars are starting to look like the people who lined up down the street for new Apple products.

Wait for it.

I don't care, I just want to go 0-60 in 1.9 seconds.

How many people does Wal Mart employ vs Tesla? I feel the numbers are drastically different.

You could also run backwards through a cornfield.
What benefit does Walmart provide to society vs tesla? I feel the result is drastically different.

This man is trying to provide energy efficient autonomous vehicles, solve the energy crisis and master inter solar system space travel all at once. What this man and his company are doing is about 1000x more beneficial for society than what wal mart is doing. How can you not see that?

...and now SpaceX is in trouble.

SpaceX just launched, but the $6 million nose cone crashed

Link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/tech...-nose-cone-crashed/ar-AAvhNkR?ocid=spartanntp

"SpaceX launched another rocket on Friday, and fans waited with bated breath to find out if the company successfully landed the $6 million nose cone into a giant seaborne net, but the news wasn't good."

...somebody's big dreams have gone to shit. :(

What benefit does Walmart provide to society vs tesla? I feel the result is drastically different.

This man is trying to provide energy efficient autonomous vehicles, solve the energy crisis and master inter solar system space travel all at once. What this man and his company are doing is about 1000x more beneficial for society than what wal mart is doing. How can you not see that?

To try to do all those things is why is he is doing none of them. The Musk worship needs to stop. I like the guy and he has a lot of ideas but the batteries in his cars come from normal energy sources, often fossil fuels. To produce that battery takes pollution. It is just kicking the can down the road.

Electricity generated from renewable sources is increasing in the Netherlands, but with overall demand for electricity rising, the percentage of coal-generated electricity is staying stubbornly high. Coal provided 29 percent of the country’s electricity last year, and it spiked even higher this year. Dutch government forecasts expect coal to provide about the same amount of electricity in 2030 as it did in 2014.

Chinese leaders have embraced electric cars as a way of cleaning up cities that have some of the worst air quality in the world. But the Chinese electricity market is heavily dependent on coal; the pollution is simply being taken from the centers of cities and moved to their outskirts.

In coal-fired Colorado, a gasoline car with fuel economy better than 35 miles per gallon will be better for emissions than the average electric car, according tocalculations from the Union of Concerned Scientists. In hydropowered Upstate New York, in contrast, the same gas car would need to achieve 135 miles per gallon. In the Washington region, the figure stands between 63 and 68 miles per gallon.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...18f8e87a2fc_story.html?utm_term=.8deb6fb2a034

Your battery-powered vehicle is only as green as your electricity supplier

Driving an electric car in China, where coal is by far the largest power plant fuel, is a catastrophe for climate change. And if the coal plant lacks pollution controls—or fails to turn them on—it can amplify the extent of smog, acid rain, lung-damaging microscopic soot and other ills that arise from burning fossil fuels. The same is true in other major coal-burning countries, such as Australia, India and South Africa.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/electric-cars-are-not-necessarily-clean/

A bunch of negative Nancy's in this thread.

Is the loss due to spending on expansion?

Do revenues warrant the expenditures?

its a good thing to "lose money" if you think tesla has room to grow.

What specifically does tesla offer to consumers that an electric ford or chevy cant provide?

patents? style? ect.

It's not good to lose money.

It's not necessarily bad, or indicative of a failing company, but it's pretty much never good to lose money.

I feel that statement warrants that bit of clarity.

Tesla is recalling 123,000 cars
It hasn't been a good ride this week for Tesla, with the electric car company now issuing a recall for 123,000 Model S electric vehicles that were built before April 2016.
Tesla's Model S vehicles made before April 2016 have issues with corrosion in the bolts that hold the power steering system together, which as you can imagine, is a big deal. The company has been busy sending out affected Model S owners emails, explaining the recall and that replacing the bolts would be an hour long process.
This new Model S recall is the biggest in Tesla history, where back in 2016 the company recalled 50,000 electric cars over parking brake problems, while 90,000 cars were recalled in 2015 over seat belt problems. Tack this onto the end of Tesla stock being down earlier this week and now more with the news of the recall, and it's not looking good.
As for the recall, Tesla said in a statement: "We have observed excessive corrosion in the power steering bolts, though only in very cold climates, particularly those that frequently use calcium or magnesium road salts, rather than sodium chloride (table salt). Nonetheless, Tesla plans to replace all early Model S power steering bolts in all climates worldwide to account for the possibility that the vehicle may later be used in a highly corrosive environment".
Tesla continued: "If the bolts fail, the driver is still able to steer the car, but increased force is required due to loss or reduction of power assist. This primarily makes the car harder to drive at low speeds and for parallel parking, but does not materially affect control at high speed, where only small steering wheel force is needed".
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/61381/tesla-recall-123-000-model-cars-largest/index.html

To answer some earlier questions - if you are lending a stock for a short you are gaining some kind of interest income at the expense of freedom with what you can do with said stock.

Shorting stocks is incredibly risky. Theoretically, you could lose an infinite amount of money. I highly recommend reading up on the Porsche/VW short squeeze that happened ~10 years back. If I don't like a company I'm more likely to buy puts as there is limited risk. I've done this with SNAP a few times and have made a bit of money.

Tesla could be in for a massive reckoning. I wouldn't touch that stock for a while.

GelOY.gif
A bunch of negative Nancy's in this thread.

To try to do all those things is why is he is doing none of them. The Musk worship needs to stop. I like the guy and he has a lot of ideas but the batteries in his cars come from normal energy sources, often fossil fuels. To produce that battery takes pollution. It is just kicking the can down the road.

Electricity generated from renewable sources is increasing in the Netherlands, but with overall demand for electricity rising, the percentage of coal-generated electricity is staying stubbornly high. Coal provided 29 percent of the country’s electricity last year, and it spiked even higher this year. Dutch government forecasts expect coal to provide about the same amount of electricity in 2030 as it did in 2014.

Chinese leaders have embraced electric cars as a way of cleaning up cities that have some of the worst air quality in the world. But the Chinese electricity market is heavily dependent on coal; the pollution is simply being taken from the centers of cities and moved to their outskirts.

In coal-fired Colorado, a gasoline car with fuel economy better than 35 miles per gallon will be better for emissions than the average electric car, according tocalculations from the Union of Concerned Scientists. In hydropowered Upstate New York, in contrast, the same gas car would need to achieve 135 miles per gallon. In the Washington region, the figure stands between 63 and 68 miles per gallon.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...18f8e87a2fc_story.html?utm_term=.8deb6fb2a034

Your battery-powered vehicle is only as green as your electricity supplier

Driving an electric car in China, where coal is by far the largest power plant fuel, is a catastrophe for climate change. And if the coal plant lacks pollution controls—or fails to turn them on—it can amplify the extent of smog, acid rain, lung-damaging microscopic soot and other ills that arise from burning fossil fuels. The same is true in other major coal-burning countries, such as Australia, India and South Africa.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/electric-cars-are-not-necessarily-clean/

The paradigm will change. It is a long play. It is inevitable.

You're hanging on too hard.

The paradigm will change. It is a long play. It is inevitable.

You're hanging on too hard.

You shouldn't believe everything you hear. But feel free to post something concrete.

Tesla's quick ratio is ~0.5, which is a disaster. Especially when you couple it with the fact that they are burning $500M a quarter. I wouldn't touch this asset with a 10 foot pole for the time being.

You shouldn't believe everything you hear. But feel free to post something concrete.

Tesla's quick ratio is ~0.5, which is a disaster. Especially when you couple it with the fact that they are burning $500M a quarter. I wouldn't touch this asset with a 10 foot pole for the time being.

Settled at 250ish. Yeah it's risky.

Back