A minor fictional character that should have his own major story.

Originally his character from the Godfather films was supposed to be used in place of Joe Montegna's character in that film. That would have been a very small character getting a big role in the sequel. His untimely death prevented all of that though.

Joey%20Zasa.jpg

Joe Montengna probably did a better job tbh.

My unprovable prediction is that Spinell would have done better than Mantegna, though I enjoyed Mantegna's performance. The Godfather series was kind of cursed in that way. When Castellano wasn't involved in Part 2, that opened the door for Michael V. Gazzo (no relation to the fictional character Tony Gazzo), and that resulted in a fantastic character and performance.

Unfortunately, nothing good came of Robert Duvall abstaining from Part 3. Can't even blame George Hamilton. His role was written down to nothing. He was practically an extra.

Motivated Spinell with a good script and good director was hard to top.

Crazy Spinell with no budget making one of his weird passion projects, not so much.

Last edited:
Pretty much everyone here minus Arnie, of course. Blain and Billy would be my top choices.

272129022.jpg

My unprovable prediction is that Spinell would have done better than Mantegna, though I enjoyed Mantegna's performance. The Godfather series was kind of cursed in that way. When Castellano wasn't involved in Part 2, that opened the door for Michael V. Gazzo (no relation to the fictional character Tony Gazzo), and that resulted in a fantastic character and performance.

Unfortunately, nothing good came of Robert Duvall abstaining from Part 3. Can't even blame George Hamilton. His role was written down to nothing. He was practically an extra.

Motivated Spinell with a good script and good director was hard to top.

Crazy Spinell with no budget making one of his weird passion projects, not so much.

Yeah, the two major problems with Godfather III for me were no Robert Duvall and Al Pacino acting like Al Pacino instead of Michael Corleone. There were a lot of things I enjoyed about Godfather III. They could have created another masterpiece though if it had Duvall and a familiar Michael Corleone.

Pretty much everyone here minus Arnie, of course. Blain and Billy would be my top choices.

272129022.jpg

I think Bill Duke probably had the most interesting backstory. I like how he's in a suit when he first gets off the chopper. There's something more to this dude.

Round 2

MADMARTIGAN

J7CGp5u.gif

230px-Madmartigan.jpg
tumblr_ms5dvdHBam1sg8jd1o1_r1_500.gif

GUITAR GUY

858.gif

BILL

carradine_killbill_web--400x300.jpg

Fun thing is something like this thread already happened, as in Nikita the killer Victor
8d8786d3f09fa256156276620cbcfc56.jpg

end up being Leon in his own movie
7a4497ca34133e726beb42bd93f1aceb.jpg

Niles Frasier

Niles was the show.

Ive watched every single episode multuple times, it was the Niles show.

The writers/producers blatantly loved the Niles character as well as david hyde pearce - rightly so - and gave him all the best stuff.

Later it became the Daphne and Niles show

What a goat show

Last edited:

272129022.jpg

A Blain/Mack prequel would have been nice.

You could argue though that Seth Macfarlane's purpose in life is to discourage this kind of discussion.

Back