Kentucky Derby...and Beyond?

The list of probables for the Arkansas Derby on Saturday, which is the last real Derby prep race of the year;

Magnum Moon
Solomini
Quip
Combatant
Title Ready
Dream Baby Dream
Tenfold
Beautiful Shot

Hopefully something emerges from this race that's worth playing in the Derby itself because as of right now I only have a couple that I'm all that interested in. Justify, of course. And then Vino Russo as one that looks to have a good chance to fill one of the exotic spots underneath Justify. Beyond those two, the top two in the Florida Derby, Audible and Hofburg, look mildly interesting I suppose. I don't have any real interest in Mendelssohn as one of the favourites, and none of the runners from down in Louisiana or the Blue Grass look all that interesting to me so far. Bolt d'Oro may get a spot by default maybe. But I'm still in the preliminary thoughts phase of things, though, so who knows.

Brisnet has been down for a bit and who knows when they'll be back up. I was hoping to try those two tracks again tomorrow. This is ruining my daily enjoyment of spending a couple of hours punching numbers into a calculator. :rolleyes:

It's hard seeing any decent prices coming in with the 3 races I could do numbers for today at Mahoning Valley, so I'm just going to play these guys today and hope they get ignored a little in the betting;

==========

Race 2 - #7 Brass Buckle (7/2) to win/place for $8/$12

Race 5 - #10 Let Me Flatter You (7/2) to win/place for $6/$8 and then keyed over the #4, #6, #8 in some $1 tris

Race 7 - #7 Prinzip (3/1) to win/place for $8/$12

==========

I might try to get a few races done for Parx too as I saw something there with the way the track was playing yesterday that could be useful if it's the same way today.

Nah, screw it. I'm just going light today with those 3 races at Mahoning Valley today. I don't have the energy to spend a couple of hours doing the numbers right now for Parx, plus I don't care for the track much anyways. But thanks to them for providing us with a couple of nice wins and a place there yesterday.

It's hard seeing any decent prices coming in with the 3 races I could do numbers for today at Mahoning Valley, so I'm just going to play these guys today and hope they get ignored a little in the betting;

==========

Race 5 - #10 Let Me Flatter You (7/2) to win/place for $6/$8 and then keyed over the #4, #6, #8 in some $1 tris

==========

I might try to get a few races done for Parx too as I saw something there with the way the track was playing yesterday that could be useful if it's the same way today.

Tailing race 2 and 5, but according to my book Prinzip has scratched in race 7. Thanks for posting Shark and GL.

Tailing race 2 and 5, but according to my book Prinzip has scratched in race 7. Thanks for posting Shark and GL.

Well, that sucks, T. I don't really have a good alternative play in race 7 either since the #1 and #4 were the next two highest ranked horses by quite a bit over the 4th ranked horse, but they were short priced types (2/1 favourite and 7/2) and had concerns (layoff for one and regressive pattern for the other).

@t6p

I'm going to play some $2 exactas in race 5 the same way I'm playing the tris with the #10 keyed over the #4, #6, #8. Might as well since we're not playing race 7. I wanted to try some exotic plays in race 2 as well, but that seems like a 2x4x5 type of race and it's only a 7 horse field, so probably not really worth it.

@t6p

I'm going to play some $2 exactas in race 5 the same way I'm playing the tris with the #10 keyed over the #4, #6, #8. Might as well since we're not playing race 7. I wanted to try some exotic plays in race 2 as well, but that seems like a 2x4x5 type of race and it's only a 7 horse field, so probably not really worth it.

Count me in!

==========

==========

$12/$16 for me on Brass Buckle, and then $8/$12 on Let Me Flatter You. Combined with the exactas and trifecta plays that's $60 total, which is what I was playing before T mentioned the scratch.

No wait. That's more than $60 isn't it? Dummy.

$10/$14 on Brass Buckle then $6/$12 on Let Me Flatter You.

Such a huge race coming up an hour from now at Mahoning Valley with a gigantic purse of $23,000 up for grabs.

Brass Buckle vs Classic Mo

Place your bets!

Not sure why Celestrial Image is 15/1 right now. I had him ranked 3rd. The top 2 do look strong here, though.

Brass Buckle by open lengths. At least Celestrail Image did the dirty work for us softening up Classic Mo on the lead. I figured that would be the case.

What the hell? I leave the computer a few minutes ago and our horse was sitting at 7/1. Now it's sitting at 2/1.

Our horse only managed 2nd to the #4 horse. The #6 was 3rd, so we were on the right horses for the trifecta @t6p, just the wrong order.

Not that that was a trifecta that was much worth getting with a 3/1 over a 2/1 over a 5/2.

Another small profit on the day. I've been $14, $9, $16, and now $18 to the good the last four days. Better than losing, but I need to do better.

Back