Cops arrest 2 black men for no reason in Starbucks

That is total bullshit. Everyone here has probably been kicked out of some place for what seemed like BS at the time.
False.

My only issue with the way this is being reported upon and discussed ITT is that with 1000’s of the employees, you’re bound to have an asshole here and there. It’s not Starbucks being racist, but this manager. The company’s response to the incident is a better indicator of their intent. They have apologized and if the 2 guys hadn’t spent 8 hours in custody, I could comfortably say that’s it for that. Having Ben deprived of their liberty for that long raises the seriousness of the incident. They deserve compensation of some sort, and the manager should be demoted or fired, but under the circumstances, I wouldn’t like to be the one making the decision about what measures to take. I have my opinion of the manager’s intent but that’s not proof.

Last edited:
Lots of people trying to claim this as racism when it's clearly not.

50 People murdered every day in this country (mostly by blacks) but the national media is so obsessed with trying to portray blacks being victims of racism we're sitting here talking about two people being kicked out of a coffee shop... lol

^ i'm not racist but black people are terrible!

Lol

Lots of people trying to claim this as racism when it's clearly not.

50 People murdered every day in this country (mostly by blacks) but the national media is so obsessed with trying to portray blacks being victims of racism we're sitting here talking about two people being kicked out of a coffee shop... lol

Das rayciss! If you can't recognize the systemic, institutional racism at play here, you are an IDIOT. A corporate giant like Starbucks teaming up with the police and a black police commissioner in a grand conspiracy to prevent two black men from urinating in a Starbucks urinal is clearly what took place, and you are literally Hitler if you can't just admit it.

I was legit surprised when I saw it was you who made this thread.
Had to go back and check another thread i saw you post in to verify you were the same guy.
#props#gettingwoke

I think people keep trying to mix up the argument.
I keep reading "if they just bought coffee then...", yeah, if they had just bought coffee they wouldn't of been kicked out, but that's not what the core of the problem is.
This is a similar thing when people talk about blacks and police. "Wull, if he had just listened to the cop, he'd be alive" Yeah, that's true, but that isn't the point. Why did the cop single him out to begin with? If the cop hadn't singled the guy out, then none of this would have ever happened. We're talking about singling people out due to their race.

But yea, Starbucks is a place that is pretty fucking lax about people chilling there. It's a very common meet up place. As many people can attest to, it's not a place that's quick to kick people out.
It's practically unheard of to get kicked out of a Starbucks unless you're causing trouble.
So it's pretty hard to believe that race had nothing to do with this.

So only black dudes are asked to buy coffee

No, they asked to use the restroom. They were told the restroom was for paying customers. They refused to make a purchase, and made a scene. They were asked to leave multiple times. The police were then called. The men were disrespectful to the police as well, according to the black police commissioner. This is when police removed the two men from the premises.

Except the customers say that they didn't make a scene before the police were called.

After behaving like douchebags, yes, they were asked to leave.

Except they didn't act like douchebags and your own link doesn't say anything of the sort. The store's customers also say nothing of the sort happened.

Yes. If you want to loiter around on private property without making a purchase but take advantage of the free facilities, and then act like a turd when you are asked to make a purchase or leave, then yes, it makes sense to me that you'd want those people off your property.

Yet no one acted like a turd.

You realize that when your link doesn't say the core element of your position and your position is contradicted by the people who were actually at the store, it's a pretty good sign that your position is fictional?

No, they asked to use the restroom. They were told the restroom was for paying customers. They refused to make a purchase, and made a scene. They were asked to leave multiple times. The police were then called. The men were disrespectful to the police as well, according to the black police commissioner. This is when police removed the two men from the premises.

After behaving like douchebags, yes, they were asked to leave.

Yes. If you want to loiter around on private property without making a purchase but take advantage of the free facilities, and then act like a turd when you are asked to make a purchase or leave, then yes, it makes sense to me that you'd want those people off your property.

You keep saying they made a scene and acted like douchebags after the bathroom but before the cops showed up and have yet to provide a source on this.

The video shows the customers sayung they dis nothing wrong.

I haven't seen anything from an employee

So why do you keep saying this without any sources?

Lol.... then why haven't other blacks been kicked out of this place??

Guarantee you these two were being rude as fuck

They know it's not racism. But they got caught up with the headlines "Kicked out for no reason" and now can't bring themselves to admit it now that more info has come out

Lol.
If this is the modern face of racial injustice in the states, it's time to get over it.

I mean really, this is worth reporting on?

Last edited:
Lot of misinformation here. The guy in the video saying they did nothing wrong is the guy who just showed up and was not there when they were asked to leave.

It doesn't matter if they were angels. If they were loitering without purchasing anything they had to leave.

Lol.... then why haven't other blacks been kicked out of this place??

Guarantee you these two were being rude as fuck
????
Because the manager that called the cops doesn't work at every Starbucks across the country?

If it comes out that these 2 guys were being assholes, then fuck em. But if you watched the video, there are multiple customers trying to talk to the police and saying that they didn't do anything wrong.
And as someone that frequents Starbucks, it is pretty bizarre to see or hear of someone getting kicked out for not promptly ordering.

I'm not even saying that the manager was necessarily racist, but he may have did a little profiling and got a little gung-ho and acted inappropriately.

^ i'm not racist but black people are terrible!

Lol

Didn't make a statement on anything blacks have done...i made a statement about the media.

Unless you're referring to tnt murder comment... how dare anyone complain about murder... what a racist thing to say

Look at his logic. He said it's hard to imagine getting kicked out of Starbucks unless
You keep saying they made a scene and acted like douchebags after the bathroom but before the cops showed up and have yet to provide a source on this.

The video shows the customers sayung they dis nothing wrong.

I haven't seen anything from an employee

So why do you keep saying this without any sources?

The police commissioner has said the two men were treated professionally but themselves did not behave in kind.

Seriously, work the math out. How many black people drink at Starbucks every single day? What is more a likely scenario here, that a major corporation suddenly decides they hate black people using their urinals, or that these two idiots made a scene and were asked to leave?

Seriously. Be honest. What is more likely? Use your brain.

Didn't make a statement on anything blacks have done...i made a statement about the media.

Unless you're referring to tnt murder comment... how dare anyone complain about murder... what a racist thing to say

Your first paragraph contradicts what you wrote and your 2nd paragraph is a lame cop out.

Murder rates etc have nothing to do with the video. But go on, keep ranting about 'teh blacks!!11'

????
Because the manager that called the cops doesn't work at every Starbucks across the country?

If it comes out that these 2 guys were being assholes, then fuck em. But if you watched the video, there are multiple customers trying to talk to the police and saying that they didn't do anything wrong.
And as someone that frequents Starbucks, it is pretty bizarre to see or hear of someone getting kicked out for not promptly ordering.

I'm not even saying that the manager was necessarily racist, but he may have did a little profiling and got a little gung-ho and acted inappropriately.

Then why hasn't he kicked out every black person that has walked in HIS Starbucks?? There's no reason that this is a national news story other than the leftist media trying to portray the black race as victims of racism for ratings

?????
What?

If you frequent Starbucks, you should agree that it's pretty weird to get kicked out of one for not promptly ordering. It's a place to hangout. The company is run in that way.
So when 2 guys...that just happened to be black, get singled out for not ordering, after they said they were waiting on someone, and then the manager actually goes and calls the cops...yea...I don't think looking at a racial component is an illogical jump in this case.

I travel for work. Afterwards i stop at the towns local 7-11 or Starbucks for coffee. At each i constantly see people/groups loitering in/outside that never bought anything. An around here(especially in Starbucks) people spend hours inside not doing much.

So me hearing that a Starbucks called the cops on two black men sitting in their establishment for "loitering" doesnt add up.

????

How do u know how long they were there?

I had to buy a coffee 1 time when I was at a Starbucks. So I just bought 1.

Who the hell hangs out at a Starbucks without ordering, asks to use the John, is told u need to order. Refuses to order, doesn't use the John sits back down after being told needed to order. Then is told they need to order again. They refuse to order again. Then are told they have to leave if they don't order. They again refuse to order or leave.

Who's being unreasonable ?

Seriously, work the math out. How many black people drink at Starbucks every single day? What is more a likely scenario here, that a major corporation suddenly decides they hate black people using their urinals, or that these two idiots made a scene and were asked to leave?

Seriously. Be honest. What is more likely? Use your brain.

A strawman argument and loaded questions lol

Your first paragraph contradicts what you wrote and your 2nd paragraph is a lame cop out.

Murder rates etc have nothing to do with the video. But go on, keep ranting about 'teh blacks!!11'

You're right.... they have such a great culture.. are very polite and don't have a violent nature in the slightest. They are pillars of the scientific and mathematics communities. Their contributions to this world are huge... they are just victims of the white mans racist ways... these two innocent kids deserve a huge payout because they were victims of this atrocious racism

Then why hasn't he kicked out every black person that has walked in HIS Starbucks?? There's no reason that this is a national news story other than the leftist media trying to portray the black race as victims of racism for ratings
I am not saying that the manager is racist.
I haven't heard from on this story.
I think he may have just profiled them and assumed they weren't going to buy anything---and a big part of WHY he made that assumption was because they were 2 black guys.
I highly doubt 2 white guys would have brought the same suspicion, nor would the manager have gone so far as to actually call the cops on them.

Back