Cormier has accepted a high school wrestling head coach job

Cormier is a class act fans will miss when he's gone.

unfortunately i doubt it. the fans don't even like him now. they boo him all the time even after he smashes people like Rumble.

now a days, people like brash arrogant fighters like Conor and Jones.

BOOORING. Go drive into some pregnant women or something.

unfortunately i doubt it. the fans don't even like him now. they boo him all the time even after he smashes people like Rumble.

Something about DC rubs some <Fedor23>people the wrong way...maybe it's him trying to be funny too much when he isn't all that funny.

I agree with your statement, but I'm talking about FANS, not fanboys/fangirls.

Something about DC rubs some <Fedor23>people the wrong way...maybe it's him trying to be funny too much when he isn't all that funny.

i know what you mean, he's socially awkward sometimes. also, his outside-of-fighting personality is that of a corny nerd.

i don't even care for his personality much either myself, but i think he conducts himself like a true athlete and as far as i know, he's an honorable man.

those things should be more important than if he's good at trash talking or has a likable personality.

A bunch of kids will get to see their coach KO'ed this summer
MV5BMWQzYTFiZDItMTFkNy00NGQ3LWE1OGQtMmU5ZGU4MjdlMTI4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTQ4ODAwODA@._V1_UY1200_CR86,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Bet those kids didn't even want him as a coach. First choice was Jon Jones.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...-head-coaching-job-gilroy-high-wrestling-team

This dude really is all class. He’s even donating his salary to the assistant coaches.

Gilroy, California the Garlic Capital they call it. Boxer Robert Guerrero is from there.

Thats a working class farm area, thats dope that he took the job and gave the salary to the assistant coaches, reminds me of when Kareem Abdul Jabbar helped coach the native American high school for free for a year or something he took it as a break to get away from the hustle and bustle as well.

536961_640x480.jpg

DC has been through so much shit in his life that never gets brought up. After everything he's been through and all he has accomplished he will most definitely be missed in the MMA community.

fight fans and historians are going to miss this guy. he will be mentioned in p4p and GOAT conversations forever.

there will be endless what ifs that favor him

what if Jones was clean

what if he stayed at heavy weight

what if he started his career earlier

this guy is a living legend.

It's probably a combination of that and his passive-aggressive humility.

I saw this, DC is a beast. He probably won't get the respect he deserves until he retires.

Back