You have to admit CM Punk has a great character and can become a big UFC star.

Losing fights does not make one a star.
Fuck him. I hope he gets wrecked hard.

Wrong. I don’t have to admit anything. This guy is in the ufc by name alone and didn’t deserve to be in the UFC in the first place. Then he loses a fight in an embarrassing manner and gets another fight? Pure bullshit
Yes but this is normal. If you analyze the graph that I have constructed you will see that this is a three-pronged revenue sharing model whereby people from one sport cross over to the other with no qualifications at all and embarrass themselves

rV1mk9g.jpg

Yes but this is normal. If you analyze the graph that I have constructed you will see that this is a three-pronged revenue sharing model whereby people from one sport cross over to the other with no qualifications at all and embarrass themselves

rV1mk9g.jpg
Yes I know this. I’m just replying to the TS statement about how punk will become a ufc star.

I'm willing to bet there's people posting in this thread that could beat up CM Punk...

Not really - at some point you have have skills.

He is a glorified bum when it comes to his actual skills.

I reckon all of the 145lb female division beats him.

CM Punk would own Bork Lazer in MMA, WWE, or KFC!

Oh, for fuck's sake. Please tell me this is a joke or troll job. Please tell me no one takes CM Punk as a serious fighter. Christ on a fucking bike, our sport is going down the drain in the name of the quick buck. It's depressing.

Calling his opponent a can. Expert trolling A++++++
I was also a big fan of his banter before the Gall fight.
I really hope he does well and fights his way up. It's a great story if he shows a good performance this time, despite all the hate.
People also need to see the fact that there are 600+ fighters on the UFC roster, a lot of them are cans, it's not like CM is getting pampered into the major leagues. He got a tough first opponent and now after he had that experience I'm expecting we're going to see a solid performance that's gonna shut up all the haters.

Good post. CK Punk wasn't given a freebie in that first fight. He got tooled by a young stud and he's coming back for more. Hespect!

Oh, for fuck's sake. Please tell me this is a joke or troll job. Please tell me no one takes CM Punk as a serious fighter. Christ on a fucking bike, our sport is going down the drain in the name of the quick buck. It's depressing.

Like I said, 600+ fighters on the roster. If CM Punk is a legit blue belt, there might be worse cans than him now.
You can learn a lot in a couple years with Duke, as have many top fighters.
If you think CM is the sport's downfall, you are already elevating his status.

They put him on the Chicago card because he wouldn't draw anywhere else.

It's true, damn true.

I really hope he does well and fights his way up. It's a great story if he shows a good performance this time, despite all the hate.
People also need to see the fact that there are 600+ fighters on the UFC roster, a lot of them are cans, it's not like CM is getting pampered into the major leagues. He got a tough first opponent and now after he had that experience I'm expecting we're going to see a solid performance that's gonna shut up all the haters.
A tough first opponent? Oh, please .

Gall was 2-0 and clearly not ready for the UFC. He got the easiest first opponent possible, besides Gall's first opponent.

Who he is fighting now.

If you think beating a 0-1 amateur is in any way redemption for his embarrassing first fight, you are dead wrong.

A tough first opponent? Oh, please .

Gall was 2-0 and clearly not ready for the UFC. He got the easiest first opponent possible, besides Gall's first opponent.

Who he is fighting now.

If you think beating a 0-1 amateur is in any way redemption for his embarrassing first fight, you are dead wrong.

So a BJJ purple with a positive pro record was not a tough first opponent for an undecorated choreograph fighter? Oh. please.
Also, who said redemption? I'm making a case that if he beats his opponent there will be many behind him on the UFC roster, and with his name, fame and acting skills he will be able to catch the limelight if he starts and keeps doing well.

Yeah, i'd tell CM Punk to keep that up! He might even end up becoming a big WWE star!

I'm surprised people actually like CM Punks personality.
He comes across as the whiniest, most entitled douchebag I have ever seen from a 'sports athelete'.
I never wanted to know anything about him but my dumbass brother kept telling me about his rants on podcasts and interviews with his best bud Colt Cobana. I was also told about how political he got in WWE.
Despite being such a complete pansy of a man, he ends up shagging a hot woman like....whatshername? The one he has married. AJ Lee, I think.
I actually don't want to watch his fight as I don't like the idea of seeing him winning. If I was certain this Mike Jackson could beat him, I'd tune in and laugh at Phils demise in the cage.
Yeah, I genuinely dislike people like Phil Brooks. Bitch and moan his whole way through life.

shut the fuck up.

Punk isn't good enough to become anything in the ufc. He'll always be a can. Having said that however, I hope he wins his next fight. I like the guy. I don't know why so many people on Sherdog hate him, you'd think he's taking the food from their mouth or something.

Punk isn't good enough to become anything in the ufc. He'll always be a can. Having said that however, I hope he wins his next fight. I like the guy. I don't know why so many people on Sherdog hate him, you'd think he's taking the food from their mouth or something.

Exactly my point. That's why it made be laugh pretty hard at his can notion, because the guy has a point. He might not be the worst fighter on the roster, and by June, it might become an undeniable fact.
I never said that I would have great expectations of him becoming anything close to the top of the roster, but that doesn't exclude him from becoming a UFC star and boosting PPV cards.
He's a likeable guy, and he can deal with the lights, the cameras and the mental warfare, and he felt how it is to be in a real fight, and obviously enough gym wars by now,

So i'm really hoping he's going to shut up all the naysayers.

Back