So did Goddard mess up the Simon fight?

I'm not talking about holding the choke very late but even a quarter of a second after the bell (which at a very minimum was definitely the case) could well have made the difference if given that the only evidence that he was out at all occurred after the final bell sounded.

Again, with no one on either side of the argument even suggesting the choke was released late, this is silly, no offense.

Again, with no one on either side of the argument even suggesting the choke was released late, this is silly, no offense.

It's as silly as saying you know he went out before the bell sounded when the only evidence produced that he was out at all occurred after the bell sounded.

All one has to do is look at the guys eyeballs. Which never move while he is sleeping with his eyes open for a few seconds after the bell to know that guy was out. It’s as clear as day on the video clip in this thread.

It's as silly as saying you know he went out before the bell sounded when the only evidence produced that he was out at all occurred after the bell sounded.

After the choke was released, he was out. I'm presuming that happened from the choke, and not because he let it go. Lol

Thanks, I had a feeling that other guy who said Goddard didn't like the decision was full of shit.

He said it was "pretty clear" that he was out and via the rules the right guy came away with the win.

He was also making sure it didn't go to the score cards as that's what Bruce and co were preparing to do even after the ref called the fight. That's what Marc was talking to Bruce about.

The only issue he had was calling it a tko vs a technical submission.

Yeah his GIF conveniently leaves that part out. That oughta tell us something.

Yeah, my gif of an unconscious guy, conveniently leaves out the part where he wakes back up afterwards.

All one has to do is look at the guys eyeballs. Which never move while he is sleeping with his eyes open for a few seconds after the bell to know that guy was out. It’s as clear as day on the video clip in this thread.

All after the final bell. If he went out before the bell sounded when why can't anyone say at what moment it happened?

He said it was "pretty clear" that he was out and via the rules the right guy came away with the win.

He was also making sure it didn't go to the score cards as that's what Bruce and co were preparing to do even after the ref called the fight. That's what Marc was talking to Bruce about.

The only issue he had was calling it a tko vs a technical submission.

Yeah I figured that's what Marc Goddard was doing.

"Now look Buffer, don't fuck this one up mate..."

Lol

All after the final bell. If he went out before the bell sounded when why can't anyone say at what moment it happened?

Because it's only after the choke is released - legally and not late - and we see the guy laying there like a dying fish, that we realize he just lost the fight.

After the choke was released, he was out. I'm presuming that happened from the choke, and not because he let it go. Lol

He released the choke after the final bell sounded which is no longer part of the fight. So you still can't say whether he went out before or after the final bell.

Bell sounded first and THEN he released. There's an amount of time in between those two occurences. It's a mathematical reality.

The guy was out before the bell sounded, his legs were running on total muscle memory. That’s the part that has people believing he was concious. However his arms are steady planked at his sides instead of trying to pry some room between his neck and his opponents arm. After the bell sounds they are still in the same position. The guy was out.

The guy was out before the bell sounded, his legs were running on total muscle memory. That’s the part that has people believing he was concious. However his arms are steady planked at his sides instead of trying to pry some room between his neck and his opponents arm. After the bell sounds they are still in the same position. The guy was out.

So why didn't the ref stop it before the bell sounded? Isn't that his job? Apparently in his judgment he wasn't out and if that's his judgment then he shouldn't be changing it after the fact.

Lol, he wasn't "exhausted". Energy was the one thing that lunatic had plenty of.

What he didn't have was enough blood going to his brain anymore.
Yeah the guy was kicking with his legs the entire time like he was getting killed, looked completely panicked then the other guy let go of the choke and the dude is STILL kicking with his leg, laying on the ground, no reaction for 2 seconds. If he wasn't out then he should of got back on his feet at the end. The dude looked like he was on coke all fight so he had plenty of energy at the end. Timothy Elliot was getting choked out by Benavidez, Tim's only way to "tap" was with his feet and it looked EXACTLY like the way this dude was acting. Pedaling with your legs like a fucking maniac while getting choked should be considered like a legit tap.

So why didn't the ref stop it before the bell sounded? Isn't that his job? Apparently in his judgment he wasn't out and if that's his judgment then he shouldn't be changing it after the fact.
I think the ref failed the fighter. He did try to lift his arm at one point but I would have asked for a thumbs up from the fighter since a verbal reply would have been difficult to receive. Honestly, that is the first time we have seen someone stuck in a loop like that from a choke, I bet it was the ref’s as well. We have seen guys grabbing for their soul that just left their body after a brutal KO plenty of times. But never a choke and it happens. He changed his mind to ultimately make the right call.

He released the choke after the final bell sounded which is no longer part of the fight. So you still can't say whether he went out before or after the final bell.

Bell sounded first and THEN he released. There's an amount of time in between those two occurences. It's a mathematical reality.

A fighter has to answer even the final horn, you don't get to lay there unconscious. Even for a few seconds. It's pretty simple. Trying to look for an argument about nanoseconds is reaching. He was out when the ref stopped the fight, so he lost.

A fighter has to answer even the final horn, you don't get to lay there unconscious. Even for a few seconds. It's pretty simple. Trying to look for an argument about nanoseconds is reaching. He was out when the ref stopped the fight, so he lost.

The ref never stopped the fight. The final bell sounded before he did anything.

Back