The Simpsons™ Destroyed By PC Goons. #ApuToo

Hank Azaria is worth $70 million. Lol. $300k an episode.

Instead of jumping to the conclusion that Hank is just being PC, maybe he's just being honest in saying that he feels a bit of regret for the way he crafted the character.

People can disagree with him, but it gets a little bit old always hearing people assume other people's intentions are not sincere.

Exactly.

The accent situation wasn't even in the original write up for the character, Azaria introduced it (and ad libbed the "Thank you come again" line) and the creators thought it was funny and modified.

Azaria, more than almost anyone else, is in a position to express a genuine opinion on how the Apu character's perceptions impact him.

Somebody who calls themself a comedian made a documentary about the racist problem with Apu? And Hank Azaria listened to that? Fuck I’m losing faith that common sense will prevail in our society.

Based on the way Azaria has portrayed himself over decades of interviews I pretty much guarantee the only thing he is "listening" to in this scenario is his own brand and career's bottom line.

Communism/Liberalism is a cancer.
Communism... yes for sure. Anyone who believes in that should be sent to the gulags.

Liberalism... well, new age, progressofascist liberalism yes. Classical liberalism no, however, there is a reason why it is defined as classical liberalism these days, shits gone.

As for the Simpsons? The left eating itself once again. Huge fan of the Simpsons, as a 80s child I remember having a Bart Simpson original poster with the blue shirt hung up on my wall. The show is GOAT status, however, it has a leftist slant, regardless of the PC insensitivity. Been waiting for this for awhile actually.

Hey limpwrist liberal progressives, this is what you've done and enabled. Go drown in hotdogs.

I guess I'm a cuntservative now!

<TheDonald>

<GinJuice>
No, just a cunt, DevilsLettuce.

These cartoons have been using "comedic effect" as an excuse for bigotry for far too long. South Park and the Simpsons especially. This is a new era.

A new era for you to fuck off.

I'd like to point out that the entire show "King of the Hill", stereotypes "my people" in the most obscene ways.

I've never heard anyone complain about that.

Hank Azaria is worth $70 million. Lol. $300k an episode.

Whatever percentage of that was a direct result of the popularity of his shameful, denigrating Apu character needs to be donated to the Indian community. Now, Hank. NOW!

The best episode of the Simpsons ever makes fun of Australia, and it's culture, savagely. The Prime Minister on a floating tube is one of the funniest things ever put on television.

Nobody was bitching there. Maybe people are capable of laughing at our differences, while not hating each other at all.

A hard working immigrant owner of his own business is too damn offensive. You're a bigot and part of the problem if you don't agree.

His explanation is why he's a pussy. He caved to PC nonsense. Now imagine if every comedian/actor followed suit.

He's a fucking pussy, and is contributing to Liberal insanity problem. Fuck him. If he feels that badly, he should donate every single dime he ever made off that character to charity.

Think about what you're saying here. Hank Azaria feels bad that he did something that led to lots of kids being bullied over the years. He expresses that in an honest and heartfelt way.

...because of that, he's a "fucking pussy" and should donate all of his money to charity?

Maybe you could just go, "I disagree that it was a big deal, but that's fine it that's how he feels."

Instead of jumping to the conclusion that Hank is just being PC, maybe he's just being honest in saying that he feels a bit of regret for the way he crafted the character.

People can disagree with him, but it gets a little bit old always hearing people assume other people's intentions are not sincere.

yeah .. after 30 yrs of playing the character, now he feels regret .. never go full retard .. he's just caving in to people complaining

Communism... yes for sure. Anyone who believes in that should be sent to the gulags.

Liberalism... well, new age, progressofascist liberalism yes. Classical liberalism no, however, there is a reason why it is defined as classical liberalism these days, shits gone.

As for the Simpsons? The left eating itself once again. Huge fan of the Simpsons, as a 80s child I remember having a Bart Simpson original poster with the blue shirt hung up on my wall. The show is GOAT status, however, it has a leftist slant, regardless of the PC insensitivity. Been waiting for this for awhile actually.

Hey limpwrist liberal progressives, this is what you've done and enabled. Go drown in hotdogs.

No, just a cunt, DevilsLettuce.

A new era for you to fuck off.
{<jimmies}

yeah .. after 30 yrs of playing the character, now he feels regret .. never go full retard .. he's just caving in to people complaining

People feel regret after years of doing something all the time. This is not even the slightest bit unique.

Hardly anybody has complained. The overwhelming support from the public seems to be in opposition to complaints, actually.

I don't see any reason for people to be calling Hank Azaria a pussy, a liar, etc. That all seems super extreme actually.

Think about what you're saying here. Hank Azaria feels bad that he did something that led to lots of kids being bullied over the years. He expresses that in a heartfelt way.

...because of that, he's a "fucking pussy" and should donate all of his money to charity?

Oh' my God, what don't you get?

HE DOESN'T FEEL BAD. HE'S NEVER FELT BAD. IT'S PHONY PANDERING TO A CULTURE OF DIPSHITS.

If you believe this is this first time he's ever heard this complaint, and that's why he's addressing it now, and you believe he really, really cares, and isn't just running damage control, before the SJW brigade turns on him, and not just one of his characters, you're delusional.

The show is GOAT status, however, it has a leftist slant, regardless of the PC insensitivity.

In what possible way? Through the Quimby and Burns characters it portrays both corporations and government as corrupt and contemptible.

I have seen no political agenda beyond "getting the laugh" (hence all the non-PC characterizations) in the Simpsons.

Oh' my God, what don't you get?

HE DOESN'T FEEL BAD. HE'S NEVER FELT BAD. IT'S PHONY PANDERING TO A CULTURE OF DIPSHITS.

If you believe this is this first time he's ever heard this complaint, and that's why he's addressing it now, and you believe he really, really cares, and isn't just running damage control, before the SJW brigade turns on him, and not just one of his characters, you're delusional.

I have no reason to assume Hank Azaria, who's worth $70 million, suddenly feels the need to be politically correct and lie about his feelings.

To me, that seems delusional. So I will take him at his word, because I have absolutely no reason not to.

I have no reason to assume Hank Azaria, who's worth $70 million, suddenly feels the need to be politically correct and lie about his feelings.

Yeah, 'cause rich celebrities NEVER cover their asses when embroiled in controversy, because, you know, they're like so rich n' stuff, that they don't have to care...

Yeah, you're delusional.

I'd like to point out that the entire show "King of the Hill", stereotypes "my people" in the most obscene ways.

I've never heard anyone complain about that.

Wait... Are you saying that this portrayal of an intelligent Laotian correctly answering questions posed by uneducated, dipshit working class white guys is enforcing a negative stereotype on Laotian Americans?? lol

To me, that seems delusional. So I will take him at his word, because I have absolutely no reason not to.

People seem to think that because he never publicly expressed a position before, he never held a position privately either.

Let's not get into this "poor white people" routine.
Your whole thing here is championing/maligning race, be careful demanding other people stop. Its not OK just because you're on the other side.

Back