Trailer: Deep Blue Sea 2 (2018)

G

Guestx

So apparently this is a thing. It only took 19 years.

I figured I'd post this for @BisexualMMA since I know how impressed he was with the first one.

Maybe Ronny Cox will get to talk this time.

Direct to video sequel.

<DisgustingHHH>

0de9a4c2-5f3d-4477-9ef3-2ee6159ac823_1.f0417b61395054634d750ab54f72ea79.jpeg

The original was entertaining enough. I would have liked to see a real sequel, with Thomas Jane and Renny Harlin. Not a SciFi original movie that's a sequel in name only.

The original was entertaining enough. I would have liked to see a real sequel, with Thomas Jane and Renny Harlin. Not a SciFi original movie that's a sequel in name only.

Looks like basically a total remake.

Has there ever been a good one? It seems like there has to have at least been two or three that were actually entertaining.

Universal Soldier: Regeneration was okay I guess.

Has there ever been a good one? It seems like there has to have at least been two or three that were actually entertaining.
There probably are a few straight-to-video shark films that are decent but I never bothered to look for them.

Edit: Ah you were talking about in general, not just the shark sub genre.

There probably are a few straight-to-video shark films that are decent but I never bothered to look for them.

If we're just talking straight-to-video movies in general, then there have been some good ones. Blood and Bone was a great martial arts movie.

But sequels to films that were released theatrically? Not a lot is coming to mind right now.

Yeah, I don't think that's a very credible list, and I would say the author is given to hyperbole.

Day of Reckoning was just weird. It was like an Uwe Boll concept where he delegated the idea to slightly better filmmakers.

To be fair, I have not seen most of the films on that list so I can't really comment.

I did see Day of Reckoning though, and like you say, it was just a weird movie. A disappointing follow-up to Regeneration.

To be fair, I have not seen most of the films on that list so I can't really comment.

I did see Day of Reckoning though, and like you say, it was just a weird movie. A disappointing follow-up to Regeneration.

Undisputed 2 was decent for what it was. It had nothing at all to do with Undisputed though. Its villain is now the protagonist of the series.

I liked all the straight-to-video Disney sequels when I was a kid. They probably haven't aged well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back