Trailer: Deep Blue Sea 2 (2018)

But why tho?
Because there's a lot of people like this.
Fuck it. I'm gonna watch this thing.

I like you and your passion for movies but it seems like you'll pretty much be entertained and are fine occupying your time watching anything ranging from complete mediocrity to straight to DVD crap.You're an enabler helping contribute to all the terrible crap that gets released so often.

I like you and your passion for movies but it seems like you'll pretty much be entertained and are fine occupying your time watching anything ranging from complete mediocrity to straight to DVD crap.You're an enabler helping contribute to all the terrible crap that gets released so often.

There's a special satisfaction I can get from B-cinema that higher-brow fare can't deliver.

I also have a natural curiosity when it comes to seeing how productions worked with what are obviously low-budgets.

That's not to say that I have much hope for this particular film being very good. The trailer does not provide much hope. But I am curious enough that I want to give it the opportunity to surprise me.

I'm completely speculating, but I'm guessing it got a green light when it was announced that Jason Statham was shooting a movie where he fights a megaladon. Comes out late this year

Last edited:
Holy shit, what a disgrace.

LOL.

I'm really curious to see if that's actually the case. My biggest concern is that, from the trailer, it just looks like they didn't have the money to actually do much.

I'm completely speculating, but I'm guessing it got a green light when it was announced that Jason Statham was shopping a movie where he fights a megaladon. Comes out late this year

Hadn't considered that but it sounds about right, actually.

LOL.

I'm really curious to see if that's actually the case. My biggest concern is that, from the trailer, it just looks like they didn't have the money to actually do much.

Hadn't considered that but it sounds about right, actually.
It just looks like a shitty version of the first one, minus the humor and cast. I'll still watch it though, just because it has sharks.

Some itches can only be scratched by watching a CGI shark eat a human being.
I watched it a couple of days ago.
Sometimes I'm just in the mood for a B/direct to DVD type of movie. This one fit the bill.

LOL.

They're really doubling down on the "smart shark" thing. They're even "wise" now.

I watched it a couple of days ago.
Sometimes I'm just in the mood for a B/direct to DVD type of movie. This one fit the bill.

Cool. Glad to hear it's not completely terrible.

I'm sure I'll have it watched in the next few days. Like you say, there can be a certain charm to these direct-to-video flicks that you just don't get from The Godfather.

I'll skip this one, but I'll watch the third one if the trailer has them playing chess and debating philosophy.

I really think you're obligated to watch it.

We've talked way too much about Deep Blue Sea for you to just brush this aside.

I really think you're obligated to watch it.

We've talked way too much about Deep Blue Sea for you to just brush this aside.

I would watch it if good ol' Renny was taking another kick at the cat. I'd DEFINITELY watch it if the trailer showed Ronny Cox back and about to say something, and then is quickly cut off by another character and closes his mouth and just stares.

But these "sequels" that simply take on the name of an existing property and then have nothing to do with the characters or events that happened in the "predecessor" - I just don't know if I have time for that.

Maybe I'll take a look. Really doesn't look much worse than The Shallows, and people liked that.

I would watch it if good ol' Renny was taking another kick at the cat. I'd DEFINITELY watch it if the trailer showed Ronny Cox back and about to say something, and then is quickly cut off by another character and closes his mouth and just stares.

But these "sequels" that simply take on the name of an existing property and then have nothing to do with the characters or events that happened in the "predecessor" - I just don't know if I have time for that.

Maybe I'll take a look. Really doesn't look much worse than The Shallows, and people liked that.

You've shown yourself to not at all be above watching a film like this. For someone who talks a lot of shit about these kinds of movies, you've clearly watched a surprising number of them.

Clearly this film doesn't involve the same actors or characters but the premise is the same so it isn't unrelated.

You've shown yourself to not at all be above watching a film like this. For someone who talks a lot of shit about these kinds of movies, you've clearly watched a surprising number of them.

Clearly this film doesn't involve the same actors or characters but the premise is the same so it isn't unrelated.

Well that might be a selling point if I hadn't stated already that I think the original is a piece of shit.

I'm not saying I'm above, by some concatenation of circumstances, watching a movie like this. But I welcome your evidence that such actions are a pattern on my part.

Back