Trailer: Deep Blue Sea 2 (2018)

Well that might be a selling point if I hadn't stated already that I think the original is a piece of shit.

I'm not saying I'm above, by some concatenation of circumstances, watching a movie like this. But I welcome your evidence that such actions are a pattern on my part.

You and I may be the only people on this entire site who have watched Tapped Out. There is my evidence.

And you saw it before I did.

You and I may be the only people on this entire site who have watched Tapped Out. There is my evidence.

And you saw it before I did.

Deep Blue Sea franchise needs some Cody Hackford.

I like big shark movies, so I'll probably watch. I'm pumped for The Meg. Giant shark, Jason Statham, Dwight Schrute, count me in.

sharks eating people ,whats not to love? hoping for hot chicks i white underwear that get wet,again. will watch.

I just saw this on Tuesday.. it’s interesting.

I would liken it to the Tremors movie.. first one was fun, sequel was interesting and had a plot twist with the graboids... same thing on Deep Blue Sea 2.

I just saw this on Tuesday.. it’s interesting.

I would liken it to the Tremors movie.. first one was fun, sequel was interesting and had a plot twist with the graboids... same thing on Deep Blue Sea 2.

Interesting. The descriptions ITT from the people who have actually seen it make it sound like there's more to the film than the trailers would have you believe.

Deep Blue Sea low key had an amazing score. I hope they use the same music

All right, well, I finished this thing.

I went into it totally ready to give it a fair chance and give it some allowances due to what is obviously a low budget. But it is literally not even half the movie the first one is.

Characters do things that don't make sense, the dialogue is often unnatural, and scenes that should be suspenseful just aren't. Not only that, but I at least expected the baddie to be one or more giant sharks, but for most of the movie that isn't the case. Instead it's baby sharks terrorizing people piranha-style, which just didn't work for me.

The only improvement upon the original are the effects. The first film has some REALLY weak CGI and I think the sharks in this one, for the most part, look better.

With all that said, if you're someone who tends to enjoy cheap B-movies even when they're not actually very good, then maybe it will still be worth a watch for you. Maybe. But it literally almost put me to sleep.

4/10

Not only that, but I at least expected the baddie to be one or more giant sharks, but for most of the movie that isn't the case. Instead it's baby sharks terrorizing people piranha-style, which just didn't work for me.
giphy.gif

I went into it totally ready to give it a fair chance and give it some allowances due to what is obviously a low budget. But it is literally not even half the movie the first one is.

Characters do things that don't make sense, the dialogue is often unnatural, and scenes that should be suspenseful just aren't. Not only that, but I at least expected the baddie to be one or more giant sharks, but for most of the movie that isn't the case. Instead it's baby sharks terrorizing people piranha-style, which just didn't work for me.

The only improvement upon the original are the effects. The first film has some REALLY weak CGI and I think the sharks in this one, for the most part, look better.

With all that said, if you're someone who tends to enjoy cheap B-movies even when they're not actually very good, then maybe it will still be worth a watch for you. Maybe. But it literally almost put me to sleep.

4/10

What did you think of the sound effects as the baby sharks approached? Absolutely terrible.

Initially there were 5 sharks.. yet you really only see them deal with Bella.

What did you think of the sound effects as the baby sharks approached? Absolutely terrible.

I think I have already forgotten. But I'm sure I found it ineffective, as I found most of this movie to be ineffective.

Initially there were 5 sharks.. yet you really only see them deal with Bella.

Yeah, I figured those five would be antagonists and we'd watch them do some cool, intelligent attack against the humans. But instead, that entire opportunity was totally wasted.

I wonder if it was a budgetary thing. Maybe they just didn't have the money to pay for the CGI for multiple large sharks to show up all through the movie so they did this instead.

4/10

I was afraid you were going to trick yourself into liking this damn thing.

4/10

Bad b movie spinoffs and sequels need to have some epic tit scenes to work? Does this one? If so I might give it a watch , if not then nope

I was afraid you were going to trick yourself into liking this damn thing.

Ha, hey man, I genuinely WANTED to like it. I was actually excited to see it and was hoping it would be schlocky fun.

But what I can I say, it's no Scorpion King 4.

Ha, hey man, I genuinely WANTED to like it. I was actually excited to see it and was hoping it would be schlocky fun.

But what I can I say, it's no Scorpion King 4.

Scorpion King 2 is where the money is.

randycouture_scorpionking.jpg

Check out this shitty clip from Scorpion King 4...

Holy fuck, that's Indiana Jones 4!

Bad b movie spinoffs and sequels need to have some epic tit scenes to work? Does this one? If so I might give it a watch , if not then nope

Nah, the closest you get is this girl in a bikini:

DBS2-Monsterpalooza-Danielle-Savre.jpg

BTW @BisexualMMA, you were more right than you know about this one feeling a bit like a remake of the first one.

The events of the first film are not acknowledged at all and the concept of intelligent sharks is introduced as if it is new.

Back