There has been an outrage on twitter about a girl who wore Chinese dress in prom

What ever happened to "imitation is the best form of flattery" (or something like that).

I feel like cultural appropriation outrage like this just spurs more racism. Even if it was traditional, she wore it for the biggest day of her teenage girl life. It's not like she's mocking it.

Is there really “outrage” over this, or is it like one or two people on Twitter?

That's what i thought at first. But, there are surprisingly many people saying what she has done is inappropriate. You even see how many likes that asian guy has gotten for his tweet.

Last edited:
If your ego is so fragile that you need to lambaste someone for wearing a fucking dress, you need your head checked.

I have a bit of Chinese ancestry and I just smashed my desk in half so outraged I am. Dat ass also gave me an outraging boner.

They brought beer and banda, then they mixed in.

Are you from that demoghrapic?

Very interesting maybe spanish who brough beer to my country are actually German Mexicans as we have some people in my community that are said to be of spanish lineage but have germanic family names.

I think her taking off the dress and posting the pix would be enough.
Lets not go over board here.
Yes!

Take of that dress
Take of that dress
Take of that dress!!

I can imagine the crowds chanting that while holding their erect penis ready to masturbate.

Take of that dress!

Yes!

Take of that dress
Take of that dress
Take of that dress!!

I can imagine the crowds chanting that while holding their erect penis ready to masturbate.

Take of that dress!

<escalate99>

Lmao. She looks like an idiot. Yea she can appropriate whatever the fuck she wants but gawd dam have some self awareness

really? Cuz every asian dude I know doesnt give a shit. Whereas white guys are MAD triggered by an Asian man dating a white girl (especially if they themselves have an Asian gf).
s2BBcSV.png

Hate-Comments-AMWF.jpg

I viewed this girls IG and DAMN SHE’S HOT! And goddamn the racist hate she got from jealous white men is some of the most vicious I’ve seen.

I would think that Chinese people would feel honored by something like this, with someone outside their culture embracing something that is within their culture.

Pretty sure actual chinese people, as in people living in china, don't care at all. Only people who have culturally appropriated names like Jeremy care.

Chinese person with an English name complains about culture appropriation.

This is America, if she wants to wear Chinese dress to the Prom, that’s her expression.

Fuck off

Lmao. She looks like an idiot. Yea she can appropriate whatever the fuck she wants but gawd dam have some self awareness

She doesn't look like an idiot an all. She looks beautiful.

Oh wait. . . From now on, only white people can wear Western dresses. If an Asian person wears a Western dress . . . it's idiot time!

Back