Weidman should get title shot, not Gastelum

Weidman has looked horrible since Usada came along, he quit against Mousassi and pulled out of a title fight which bisping stepped in for and fucked up the whole division. Let the guy get a few wins together before he gets anywhere near the title discussion.
Holly Holm lost 3 in a row and won after. Then got to fight Cyborg. What’s the difference?

What the fuck is this shit??

Weidman is borderline retired at this point and has 1 win in his last 5 fucking fights.

Meanwhile Gastelum has beaten the former champ via nasty KO beaten top 5 Jacare and been one of if not the most active top middleweight.

Jacare is top 5?

In what legitimate rankings?

Weidman needs 1 more top-tier win, inactivity doesn't help. Kelvin's win over Jacare puts him ahead of Weidman in the...imaginary supposed pecking order. Don't encourage fighters to sit out and wait to get their shot via elimination of other choices.
Probably but Gastelum is not next for the belt. Weidman vs Gastelum again for a title eliminator but they fought already. So only one of them can fight for it now. That’s Weidman

All depends on how long weedman will be out for... if it’s a significant amount of time let Kelvin get a shot at it instead of waiting forever for the weedman

Depends on who wins the title fight. If Romero wins they should make Romero vs Gastelum, if Whittaker wins i still think Gastelum should get the shot, he is more active and besides that win against Kelvin Weidman lost his last 3 by finish. Its kinda weird anyway as all top MW have recent loses.

Besides Chinarice we all agree that Weidman doesn't deserve to go before Gastelum, move on, people..

Last night, Kelvin Gastelum beats Jacare in a razor sharp decision. This might put Gastelum next in line for a title shot but however, Chris Weidman is also someone who should get a title shot next. Chris Weidmans last fight was against Gastelum and was the last person to beat him. Gastelum doesn’t deserve a shot at this point because after the Weidman fight, Gastelum has only beat 2 old heads. He knocked out Michael Bisping who just lost his belt three weeks before that and just beat Jacare in a super close fight and only landed one good shot the entire fight. Do you really think he deserves a title shot? Or you think Chris Weidman is next in line for the belt? I think Weidman should be next in line for a shot at the belt and not Gastelum. Remember Chris Weidman, is gonna be able to train a month or two again.

I can see an argument for both side t.s ..i think this division needs a few more matches to play out before a clear contender shows up.. Weidman needs another good win and same with gastelum ..plus theres branch tavares and loser of romero whitaker in the mix.. So its too open right now

Might not be back soon enough. His thumb got royally fucked up.

What do you mean? Weidman is a top contender. Israel and Tavares aren’t elite, for now not yet. Tavares got destroyed by both Romero and Whittaker. And Israel will get grind out by great Wrestlers

Well Tavares is on a nice streak and if he beats Israel, especially impressively I'd say he deserves it. Those losses were awhile ago and Tavares seems to be getting better, I think him and Weidman would make a great fight.

Moose deserves it more than both of them but he's in Bellator. I don't want a fat unprofessional fighter like Gastelum fighting for the title though so I'd rather Weidman get the next shot after Romero.

Kelvin with his weight cutting issues is very unprofessional, but do you really want Weidman getting the shot with 1 win in his last 4 fights from a year ago and knowing he's attempted to fake injuries and fouls in an attempt to screw over others?

Weidman has looked horrible since Usada came along, he quit against Mousassi and pulled out of a title fight which bisping stepped in for and fucked up the whole division. Let the guy get a few wins together before he gets anywhere near the title discussion.
He hasn't looked horrible at all. He lost to really good fighters that flat out beat him, sans the terrible Moose stoppage. We'll never know for sure how that fight would have ended and both Weidman and Moose had that taken away with a bad ref call. Rockhold and Romero were legit wins. Chris looked good in both fights. He was competitive. The other guys took over and won. It happens. These MWs at the top are all guys with pretty good finishing ability.

Go back and have a look at Weidmans record in his last few fights and then compare it to gastelum. Please then tell me how the fuck that makes sense ?

Weidman is 1-3 in his last four. He needs another win before he gets another title shot at the very least.

I like Weidman but like said before, he is 1-3 since 2015. he needs atleast 2 more wins before considerd as the number one contender imo. Gastelum like it or not just beat 2 top 5 ranked contenders in Bisping and Jacare after losing to Weidman. he should get the nod imo.

Chris is my boy but I'm down to see him get another W, why the rush.

Back