Official Women's Division Discussion #25

I'm still surprised ABC made it to the finals of that TUF

It helped that Green had back then absolutely no ground game whatsoever in the semis. In retrospect, ABC beating Moyle was probably her best win to date, skillswise and she has never really done anything better in the UFC (though kindasorta threathening Suarez with an armbar(?) in the finale was actually a move). Maybe she just fought above her grade in that fight (and the short good moments vs. Suarez)

Oh well, I dig ABC, and hope she gets to stick around after being the sacrificial lamb for nearly one full weightclass overweight Dern.

Ps. Yoder should have gotten the decision against Dern.

Shev is probably top 3 most skilled in WMMA but I love his "Shevchenko is the most overrated WMMA fighter" type posts because they're so refreshing compared to all the Nicco bashing ones. lol

Really I just like messing with him. He is a good guy.

But I think a lot of people are sleeping on Nicco, for multiple reasons:

1. They are stupid.
2. They know less than a cursory fight-finder glance provides them.
3. The know less than nothing about fighting.

Yes, I expect Val to win, but Nicco is strong, athletic and tough. She is the type of fighter who can turn just about anything into a scrap.

Shev is probably top 3 most skilled in WMMA but I love his "Shevchenko is the most overrated WMMA fighter" type posts because they're so refreshing compared to all the Nicco bashing ones. lol
if shevchenko was an asian chick who looked like a 14 year old girl, he'd be singing her praises <36>

if shevchenko was an asian chick who looked like a 14 year old girl, he'd be singing her praises <36>
So he follows the Path of Loli.

That is not a bad thing.

1505467609_184_why-altair-is-both-the-hero-and-villain-of-recreators.jpg

When it comes to skill she probably is top 3.. but he is right that Valentina has become overrated tho. She’s risk averse to the point of her own detriment, and it’s not like she’s blown anyone else who is good way out of the water.

I'm still surprised ABC made it to the finals of that TUF, she's still young enough to improve but as she currently is she is... not very good to put it nicely.
ABC is actually not a bad athlete, and she has a really sturdy build. IMO, she’d be wise revamp her game to mimic GSP’s (Strong jab, solid wrestling/top control). Unfortunately it seems unlikely that she’ll leave Michigan.

Really I just like messing with him. He is a good guy.

But I think a lot of people are sleeping on Nicco, for multiple reasons:

1. They are stupid.
2. They know less than a cursory fight-finder glance provides them.
3. The know less than nothing about fighting.

Yes, I expect Val to win, but Nicco is strong, athletic and tough. She is the type of fighter who can turn just about anything into a scrap.
People acting like Nicco is a can are insane. I could see her being a mainstay in the top ten at 125

WMMA people fighting today at IFMA (Sabina Mazo's first fight is Tuesday):

Loma Lookboonmee is fighting this cute tiny Czech snowboarder (and she's back at 48kg):
http://figurekeeper.com/lucie-aubrechtova-muay-thai-rozhovor/

Lena Ovchynikova is fighting Andra Aho at 54kg. Might remember Andra Aho from the most insane Lionfight robbery.

Natalie Salcedo is fighting Valeria Ramirez at 48kg
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/150415-natalie-salcedo
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/134677-valeria-ramirez

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you actually do try to watch this mess, this schedule should help.
http://ifma.rsportz.com/seasons/3480/schedule?page=1&show=upcoming&tap=1

Live now. Good luck.

Ring A

Ring B

Last edited:
I feel really bad for Cooper. She obviously felt very strongly about being professional and was invested in getting some justice in winning out of that, plus she seems to have a great deal of confidence (you might say overconfidence, admittedly) in her abilities with particular pride in her boxing 'heritage' (she even has boxing gloves tatted on her). So to lose like that to a fat slob who barely trained must have felt completely crushing when she got back to the locker room :(

I'm not sure who should be tasked with stopping the blob. Ideally, someone with good hands and a bit of pop, but at 115 not many fit the bill. I'd kinda like to see Grasso get a shot at it after she's lost to Suarez, but that'd just make me mad again if the blob were to consume her too...

If I was offered a fight with McDernalds I'd also want some strong guarantees upfront, like 50%+ of her purse or no-pressure guaranteed payment + bonus + fight cancellation if she came that much over again. My starting position might be to ask for both of those...

I won't be surprised if the UFC cuts Cooper but the good news she could go back to Invicta to get some much needed experience and re-enter at a later date.

WMMA people fighting today at IFMA (Sabina Mazo's first fight is Tuesday):

Loma Lookboonmee is fighting this cute tiny Czech snowboarder (and she's back at 48kg):
http://figurekeeper.com/lucie-aubrechtova-muay-thai-rozhovor/

Lena Ovchynikova is fighting Andra Aho at 54kg. Might remember Andra Aho from the most insane Lionfight robbery.

Natalie Salcedo is fighting Valeria Ramirez at 48kg
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/150415-natalie-salcedo
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/134677-valeria-ramirez

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you actually do try to watch this mess, this schedule should help.
http://ifma.rsportz.com/seasons/3480/schedule?page=1&show=upcoming&tap=1

Live now. Good luck.

Ring A

Ring B

Will try to compile results on my website. Thanks.

How am i not surprised that Fatty Dern is going to get help
from the performance institute to iron out her weight cutting
issues since they have nutritionist there that can come up
with diet plans & get her some ideas to get her pointed the
right way.

The best hope to unseat Amanda Nunes as Queen Bee at
135 lbs could end up being Ketlen Vieira since she is roughly
the same size,height & weight.

Loved Nunes' post-fight press conference. Rode in on piggyback because her foot's injured. Said she's going to visit with her family because her grandmother's ill. That Vieira should be her next fight. Didn't rule out some day moving up to featherweight (145) division. Audio is good after the feedback in first 45 seconds.

How am i not surprised that Fatty Dern is going to get help
from the performance institute to iron out her weight cutting
issues since they have nutritionist there that can come up
with diet plans & get her some ideas to get her pointed the
right way.

The best hope to unseat Amanda Nunes as Queen Bee at
135 lbs could end up being Ketlen Vieira since she is roughly
the same size,height & weight.

i predicted this on twitter but I don't see Dern taking it seriously.

Loved Nunes' post-fight press conference. Rode in on piggyback because her foot's injured. Said she's going to visit with her family because her grandmother's ill. That Vieira should be her next fight. Didn't rule out some day moving up to featherweight (145) division. Audio is good after the feedback in first 45 seconds.

I didn't see anything in this fight to make me want to see Amanda vs Cyborg.

The Performance Institute will have their hands full with a stubborn Dern. They'll need to convince her to do a series of mini cuts and bulks between fights to significantly improve body composition and reduce maintenance weight. It'll take a while and it's sad because she obviously has potential.

The Performance Institute will have their hands full with a stubborn Dern. They'll need to convince her to do a series of mini cuts and bulks between fights to significantly improve body composition and reduce maintenance weight. It'll take a while and it's sad because she obviously has potential.

Potential is so common millions of idiots waste it every day. This would be a variation of something a coach once said to me when I was slacking.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back