Miguel Torres beat Mighty Mouse at UFC 130

True....then he proceeded to go on one of the worst declines in the sports and give one of the worst & first examples of twitter fingers ever lol

IMO he should have lost to Creepy in their first fight

Agreed, really think that fight robbed Creepy and changed the direction of the division and opinion on MM.

But, But, But...Joe Rogan said Mighty Mouse is the best fighter on the planet. He can't be wrong.

I've watched alot of fights multiple times

I've watched McGregor brutalize Alvarez at least 8 times
I've seen Nogueira vs Fedor 10 times
Jon Jones vs Shogun
Hell I watch Demian Maia highlights once a fuckin month. come at me brah

etc, etc

Torres vs Johnson is on Fight Pass and I watch it every so often..
I’m only liking this post for the “come at me brah”

Only a complete nerd would watch that fight 7 times

I love watching the old fights too!

I watch Royce vs Sakuraba at least twice a year...

Seriously though... go back and watch, say, Pride Total Elimination 05 and I promise you that you will not remember who won every fight.

Yes, Torres was robbed in that fight. But this isn't new information; almost everyone scored that fight for Torres. Landing takedowns was given far too much in those days and skewed many fight results. Takedowns are still given too much weight to this day, but at least it's gotten better.

Bringing this fight up 7 years later is a bit weird. We talked about it at the time and we moved on. Considering that fact that you've watched it 7 times, you might want to move on as well.

Huge robbery

Demetrious never deserved a title shot. That was his only good "win" @ BW

Agreed, really think that fight robbed Creepy and changed the direction of the division and opinion on MM.
Creepy got robbed for sure, but he also got the chance to take that back for himself and failed to do so

Torres isn't and never actually was a world class fighter. He was BW goat at one point by default not because he had any wins over any great BWs.

His best win by far is a 2009 win over Mizugaki and it was Mizugaki's first opponent who wasn't a complete scrub. His next best win is either Antonio Banuelos or Charles Valencia.

It's a hard pill to swallow for alot of people but Miguel Torres was never that good.

moc8tbO.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-15_14-30-20.png
    upload_2018-5-15_14-30-20.png
    437.6 KB · Views: 1
One of the least talked about robberies..

Ive watched the fight Idk... 7 times total over the last few years and wtf?

Torres whooped his ass from the bottom, swept him, landed better strikes and won every round

How the hell was that fight given to Demetrious?
This is a big reason some of us don't like MM. When it comes to close fights he's worse than Bendo.

The guy never loses even when he gets beat.

One of the least talked about robberies..

Ive watched the fight Idk... 7 times total over the last few years and wtf?

Torres whooped his ass from the bottom, swept him, landed better strikes and won every round

How the hell was that fight given to Demetrious?

So true. Torres won that fight easily.

Creepy got robbed for sure, but he also got the chance to take that back for himself and failed to do so

Very true and fair, but much harder to surprise a guy the 2nd time. Does anyone think Gus would have as much success against JBJ if they rematched a few months after (before Jon's legal issues)?

This is a big reason some of us don't like MM. When it comes to close fights he's worse than Bendo.

The guy never loses even when he gets beat.
7 of his last 10 fights ended by knockout or submmission, with the three decision wins being against Elliott (he might have lost one round in that fight), Dodson 2 (whom he absolutely dominated), and Bagautinov (whom he also destroyed, despite Bagautinov popping for EPO).

@nick jacoby - I'm not sure why you're bringing this up? Johnson wasn't in the P4P discussion at Bantamweight (and for the record, P4P talks are a waste of time that I don't engage in, I only mention it because it was brought up in this thread), and he was actually working a full time factory job while training only twice per week back then (and still managed a 14-2 record in a weight class above his own). He started training full time after his rematch with McCall which is why he was improving by leaps and bounds in each subsequent fight since then. He's been dominant in his last ten fights, there's no refuting that, and just because you might not know who his opponents are doesn't mean they're not skilled; name value does not equate to youth and talent.

Last edited:
Torres is more likely to win that decision in today’s MMA. I think I’ve seen two relatively recent fights where fighters won the decision from the bottom.
Neil Magny vs Johny Hendricks
Ben Saunders vs Kenny Robertson

All you did is remind me how far Torres has fell, ts<mma1><3>

Back