It's official. Starbucks is now a public restroom for the homeless.

Starbucks are just flat out idiots for doing this. They should have just address the issue with the two gentlemen, offer an apology, and say they will work to make sure it doesn't happen again. But nooooo, they had to go full SJW to prove how 'woke' they are as a billion dollar business.

My college roommate worked at Starbucks and he used to constantly have to ask homeless folks to leave because they wouldn't buy anything and make a complete mess of the restrooms. On top of that, paying customers didn't want to hang out there anymore. This was a downtown location with homeless folks galore.

The whole thing would have blown over eventually for Starbucks. Hell, hardly anyone is even talking about it now. A little bad publicity and right back to business. They have no idea about what is about to happen to their stores in the bigger cities.

I’m white & I tried to use the bathroom at McDonald’s. It was locked. The black employee told me I have to order something if I wanted to use the bathroom. Instead of crying racism & playing the victim card, I bought a soda & took a piss
It’s polite to buy something if you’re drop dooks

If you live in a major city, then you are already used to homeless loitering around coffee shops and cafes.

This is going to be comical in Seattle

I didn't follow the initial story too closely. Did anyone have solid proof of racism or did everyone just accept the accusation of racism as absolute?

I've seen plenty of people pull the race/gender/sexual orientation card almost like a reflex so I'm very skeptical

Does this apply to Seattle, Portland and SF?

If so, consequences will never be the same. Starbucks done goofed.

Considering that this was assumed in Starbucks business philosophy (creating a "third place" environment) and is generally observed by stores anyway (hence the retraining after the first incident), it's really not a departure at all. If anything, it's just codifying norms that starbucks has tried to uphold since its inception.

I hate when people who are not customers take up tables. Fuck, all I want is to sit and drink my coffee - buy something or fuck off and lounge elsewhere.

the concept of buying a coffee and sitting in a restaurant to drink it is strange to me.

Considering that this was assumed in Starbucks business philosophy (creating a "third place" environment) and is generally observed by stores anyway (hence the retraining after the first incident), it's really not a departure at all. If anything, it's just codifying norms that starbucks has tried to uphold since its inception.
What is your "third space" if you're unemployed and homeless?

What is your "third space" if you're unemployed and homeless?

Does it really matter?

When I was employed by Sbux, we donated all of our pastries to local food kitchens when we rotated them out. We're talking crates and crates of things at times.

Judging strictly on that alone, Starbucks probably has a more favorable view of the homeless than you or other people that were crying about "muh business" when the story first broke. Some people can be altruistic about it.

Finally they don't have to go under the pier anymore.

latest

Last edited:
Does it really matter?

When I was employed by Sbux, we donated all of our pastries to local food kitchens when we rotated them out. We're talking crates and crates of things at times.

Judging strictly on that alone, Starbucks probably has a more favorable view of the homeless than you or other people that were crying about "muh business" when the story first broke. Some people can be altruistic about it.
Of course it does. It's a business not a charity. What a dumb question.

Of course it does. It's a business not a charity. What a dumb question.

Exactly, it's a business. And clearly you don't understand the business model. Businesses nowadays are starting to consider philanthrophy as a fixed expense, starbucks was on top of that years ago. Why should they care about giving money away if it's a business? Durrrrrrrrrr.

So basically nothing is going to change.

Fucking retarded. There's a reason for these policies. You go to any restaurant on Granville St in Vancouver and if you use the bathroom, there's a good chance of finding a used needle in the sink.

Back