Social Roseanne tweets outrageously racist comment about former Obama staffer Valerie Jarrett

But I'm pretty sure she wasn't actually saying that Valerie Jarrett is literally the spawn of a monkey and the Muslim Brotherhood.
I'm not even completely sure she knew Jarrett was black. That wasn't my first reaction when I saw pictures of her- I saw somebody who could have been Hispanic or possibly something else. It only set in that she was part-black after seeing a number of pictures, so I don't know. I think Roseanne's Planet of the Apes comment was about the Planet of the Apes character. It's also a stretch, I don't see it unless it's already put into my head, and even then I've seen many people who look way more Planet-of-the-Apesy. I found the Muslim Brotherhood part of the comment to be far more offensive, because that was just straight up ignorant bigotry.

I don't think the Kramer situation is useful as a comparison (maybe?), but no I don't think that was a bad joke. He got very angry at some rude audience members, stopped trying to be funny, and screamed hurtful things at them. I don't think it revealed hidden racist feelings, I think he just chose to be racist in that moment because it would hit the hardest.

You don't think Rosanne didn't try to grab the sharpest knife in the drawer to attack that woman?

I guess we will have to stay in disagreement then. No biggie.

You don't think Rosanne didn't try to grab the sharpest knife in the drawer to attack that woman?

I guess we will have to stay in disagreement then. No biggie.
No I don't think she did attack her in a vicious Kramer-like way there, I think she made a shitty joke that was ignorant and rude, which came from some screwed up ideas she has in her head. And I can't be inside her head, especially if she was on Ambien, but it looked like a pretty casual, offhand remark that popped into her head and out onto the keyboard without much thought.

but it looked like a pretty casual, offhand remark that popped into her head and out onto the keyboard without much thought.

Yeah, we're actually parsec's away from each other on this so with a nod to the new terms and services thingy I have to recuse myself entirely from this thread lol

Peace, and Keep Well.

Yeah, we're actually parsec's away from each other on this so with a nod to the new terms and services thingy I have to recuse myself entirely from this thread lol

Peace, and Keep Well.
Well I don't think it was a bad convo, peace.

z59me5_VftgPNemMD5dv4qTslL_Ux1TSBl2J36kNgqo.jpg

I actually do think there is something to the whole "Jewish race" theory, atleast initially. There have been a lot of studies on DNA heritage. But what's funny is that while the modern stereotype is that most Jewish people have black/brown hair, prior to the 20th century, red hair was a popular negative Jewish trait, because of Judas.

I think Hitler's acts were racist (and catastrophically evil), because he specifically believed that his "Aryan race" was superior. While Judaism is a religion, he was lumping all Jewish people together as one race of people.

Yeah Jewish, well some of them, seem to be an ethnicity since DNA does distinguish Jews from other people...However they aren't technically a race.

Yes hitler believed jews were a race, he was clearly wrong but that's what he believed...just like their isn't really an Aryan race.

My point was that if we go strictly on racism only = race definition...then Hitler's acts against the jews, wasn't technically racist....but like I said the definition of racism has evolved.

What did he do/say on Memorial Day? I'm late to that party.

Said the dead soldiers would have loved his presidency, backed about good"accomplishments". Had a huge memorial day sale at the official Trump store.

What did he do/say on Memorial Day? I'm late to that party.

This was his tweet:
Happy Memorial Day! Those who died for our great country would be very happy and proud at how well our country is doing today. Best economy in decades, lowest unemployment numbers for Blacks and Hispanics EVER (& women in 18years), rebuilding our Military and so much more. Nice!

Not a negative statement but very narcissistic. Troops who died would be proud of economic data during Trump's administration. No thanking the troops or remembering their sacrifice or anything like that, just a soft brag.

Said the dead soldiers would have loved his presidency, backed about good"accomplishments". Had a huge memorial day sale at the official Trump store.
Source he said they'd love his presidency

It sure rustles blacks when you compare them to apes/monkeys etc.
Some people just look like monkies and it has nothing to do with skin color, just like George Bush. Only Roseanne truly knows if what she said was racially spirited, but she is claiming that she did not know VJ was even black and claims to have been making the comparison between a character from the movie, that looks just like Jarret, and not some broad racial one against black people. I believe her and do not think the tweet was racially motivated at all. The backlash from this will once again be felt in the form of more votes for Trump. PC bullies may get people to cower, say what they want them to say, but they can not win their hearts and minds, and that is imperative in a Democracy.

Last edited:
If you've never had a disparaging thought about another person based on your experience with others who look like them and are in here acting like you're better than everyone else you're part of the problem.
This is a very obtuse, silly thing to say. There's a gulf between having a thought cross your mind and broadcasting it to the world or acting on it.

No I don't think she did attack her in a vicious Kramer-like way there, I think she made a shitty joke that was ignorant and rude, which came from some screwed up ideas she has in her head. And I can't be inside her head, especially if she was on Ambien, but it looked like a pretty casual, offhand remark that popped into her head and out onto the keyboard without much thought.

What if she didn't know that lady was black? Serious that Valerie lady is the fucking whitest lady I have seen claiming to be black. I am beige/tan skin tone I am blacker than that fucking lady. What is this garbage with everybody getting there career ruined for nonsense like this?

Should Mike Perry be offended if someone calls him an ape cause he is claiming 2 percent African ancestry. Which essentially almost every member of the human race has.

I described exactly how it is a joke. You are in denial of it being a joke. There's no reason for that- call it a bad joke, a racist joke, a hateful joke, whatever. But don't deny the reality that it was a joke.
Just repeating over and over that it's a joke, doesn't make it so. Just because people have used that format to tell jokes before, doesn't make this a joke. Context, and intent, as well as personal history, all matter. You're wrong, and it's easy to see why we think that you think comedy is beyond reproach with your stance here.

You protected C.K. for jerking off in front of his female friends, as well. You clearly lionize comedy, and comedians at a level that makes you worthless to discuss this topic with.

This is a very obtuse, silly thing to say. There's a gulf between having a thought cross your mind and broadcasting it to the world or acting on it.

Not really . . . but whatever.

Having the thought makes you as much of an idiot as Roseanne . . . just possibly smart enough to not screw up further and tell others.

You still have the thought and are ultimately as much of a scumbag.

Aye. She's a comedian, comedians sometimes use twitter to write stupid jokes, especially when alcohol is involved. Not saying it was a GOOD joke, or anything.

But I'm pretty sure she wasn't actually saying that Valerie Jarrett is literally the spawn of a monkey and the Muslim Brotherhood.
Is calling Obama a secret Muslim a joke? Is saying he wasn't really born here a joke?

I mean, after all, not everyone who said those things believed it.

Back