Social Roseanne tweets outrageously racist comment about former Obama staffer Valerie Jarrett

Didn't she though? According to Rogan she said she didn't know she was black. I don't even like her, and if she tweeted racist shit before, than it's karma paying her back

I'm listening to the Kevin Smith appearance right now. They talked about this earlier in the podcast. As far as I can tell, she told that to Joe over the phone, but said other things on Twitter and in the media. And like Smith noted, what she said to Joe would have been a better defense.

This thread sucks.

"Jews are subhuman rats to be exterminated ASAP."

"JOKING, guys - OBVIOUSLY I don't think Jewish people are actually rats. No one could possibly confuse a human for a rodent! Therefore JOKE."

<PlusJuan>
Two Jews walk into a Pest Control business wearing rat suits...

See the difference?

This thread sucks.

"Jews are subhuman rats to be exterminated ASAP."

"JOKING, guys - OBVIOUSLY I don't think Jewish people are actually rats. No one could possibly confuse a human for a rodent! Therefore JOKE."

That's not a joke. That's a quote from holy text.

You have zero moral ground to stand on when you treat an entire group, who are in fact individuals, with one paintbrush.
You cannot then expect others to not do the same.
This is THE mentality that enables every single atrocity, whether it is in Rwanda, Germany, Yugoslavia, India or factory farms. Grouping, labelling and reducing that labelled group to not being worth consideration.
And it doesnt matter what you think you inherit with what you have labelled yourself as, you are acting more close-minded, tribe-minded, stubborn and ignorant than the group traits of the people you have both grouped and labelled.
It would be better, even with your extremely negative view of this administration, to work to find mutual understandings and keep things from escalating, and make the best of a what you feel is a bad situation for the next two and half years. Flaming the fires of division, ignorance and hatred does not make progress. It only makes war. And that is a real conclusion, it is the last step when the talking is done. It is relevant. If that is where you are, there is zero point being on a forum talking.

Guy, those are religions, ethnicities, and economic classes - not support of a particular person.

I think all persons who support Trump can be grouped as persons who would support a guy with objectively bunk and unsupportable policies, untruthful public statements, shitty understanding of policy issues, shitty qualifications, shitty temperament, shitty social intelligence - all because in the rosiest of suppositions, they just hate the libz so much that they would pick him over a supremely qualified alternative. Yeah, you can group all Trump supporters as being either hateful, prideful, intellectually lazy, willfully ignorant, or - in the best case scenario - a single issue voter (abortion, etc.) with wildly questionable political scope.

Just like you could broadly paint Mussolini supporters, Hitler supporters, or any other followers of reactionary demagogues. And, in the case of Mussolini and Hitler's followers, at least (a) Mussolini was qualified and intelligent [Trump is not], Hitler was a great orator [Trump is not], and both countries were in economic ruin post-WWI [US is/was still one of the best countries to live in in the world]. And those polities had one-tenth the access to information Trump supporters have.

Two Jews walk into a Pest Control business wearing rat suits...

See the difference?

So, to be clear, this would be a proper joke

Jews = rats + subhuman

Oh my, I do declare

giphy.gif

So, to be clear, this would be a proper joke

Jews = rats + subhuman

Oh my, I do declare

giphy.gif
No, not as such. But if we just substitute those in the actual joke Roseanne tried, to say "if rats and subhumans had a baby=jews" then it's a joke. Maybe the worst joke ever tried, horribly offenseive, stupid, vulgar, and not funny to anyone with a healthy mind. But it's a joke.

Guy, those are religions, ethnicities, and economic classes - not support of a particular person.

I think all persons who support Trump can be grouped as persons who would support a guy with objectively bunk and unsupportable policies, untruthful public statements, shitty understanding of policy issues, shitty qualifications, shitty temperament, shitty social intelligence - all because in the rosiest of suppositions, they just hate the libz so much that they would pick him over a supremely qualified alternative. Yeah, you can group all Trump supporters as being either hateful, prideful, intellectually lazy, willfully ignorant, or - in the best case scenario - a single issue voter (abortion, etc.) with wildly questionable political scope.

Just like you could broadly paint Mussolini supporters, Hitler supporters, or any other followers of reactionary demagogues. And, in the case of Mussolini and Hitler's followers, at least (a) Mussolini was qualified and intelligent [Trump is not], Hitler was a great orator [Trump is not], and both countries were in economic ruin post-WWI [US is/was still one of the best countries to live in in the world]. And those polities had one-tenth the access to information Trump supporters have.
O5SqhE8.png

This whole thing is clearly a move against Roseanne due to her support for Trump and how outspoken she is about Hollywood, pedophilia, mind control, ect.

Obvious bait for trolling detected sniffs at it and walks away.

wtf? lol so it's perfectly fine to viciously verbally attack the president of the united states and keep your tv job just as long as you don't say anything about his race ..

Absolutely. I’m glad you understand this.

By equivalent, I'm assuming you mean it's worse to attack someone's race.

Yes, I mean that it is worse to attack someone’s race.

First of all, why would it be racist to disagree with this? I would find it much more offensive if you insulted my behavior, because you're insulting my decision making. If you insult my race it's not personal, you're just an ass hat. But even if you disagree, why would that be racist?

This discussion is not about what the target of the insult should find more offensive, because that would vary from person to person so much that it would make the argument meaningless.

We are discussing how third parties, be they other individuals or society as a whole, should judge the person doing the insulting.

From that perspective, insulting a person’s actions, decisions, or moral character, is nowhere near as bad as resorting to racism, which is, in and of itself, vile and evil.

This argument seems completely dependent on ignoring the Umpa Lumpa's as a race.

Irrelevant. Even taking the Umpa Lumpas as a race, since the orange coloring is artificial, Trump would be guilty of orange-face.

This is the conversation I want to have. What is and is not acceptable and why? What animals can be compared to individuals of what races? She doesn’t look like a monkey but she does resemble characters from the planet of the apes. Roseanne may have had I’ll intent behind her tweet but what if I have nothing but love for all people regardless of race but observe that someone looks like someone/something else?

It’s not hard.

If there is a long and documented history of a particular race, ethnicity or religious group being compared to a particular animal in a derogatory manner, then making that comparison is racist.

She's not Iranian. Jesus. Do some research. Her dad was a doctor and worked in Iran as part of a program--I posted the info already. Google it if you don't believe me.

Jack, I never questioned if you were correct - I was pointing out that some people are sending memes stating she's Iranian. Therefore it's possible that Rosanne thinks she's Iranian.

Every person I've ever met from Iran calls themselves Persian.

I've never asked why but I believe it's because saying you're Iranian sounds like you're radioactive.

Also every woman I've met from there was fucking hot.

Well Persians weren't historically Arab.

Trumperfication:

Only communicating in memes in political discussion because you can't articulate arguments.
There is no arguing with raging emotions. Making any kind of point with you only deepens and broadens your hate for anyone with a different opinion.
Nearly every post you make, no matter how well you've made a point, is tarnished by blanket insults and seething hatred for anyone not on your team. You are so entrenched in your ideology you really can't have a discussion with any reasonable person with a dissenting point of view.
It seems as though, I don't know you so I may be wrong, you have little, if any, real world experience to reflect on when deciding your opinions. You will learn this quickly in the marketplace. No one has all of the answers.

So for now, I'll just poke fun at you, watch you try to prove how smart you are to a bunch of people who don't really care and be amused.

Back