Social Roseanne tweets outrageously racist comment about former Obama staffer Valerie Jarrett

Here is where you are missing the nuance, which seems to be common around here. No one is saying "its ok to compare X to monkeys" because that's a childish simplification of the issue.

• It is racist, as a means to degrade someone, to compare them to an animal simply based race.
  • It is in poor taste to compare someone to an animal, when that person nas historically been degraded by being compared to an animal (as explained in point above).
  • If you want to talk about Roseanne specifically, she has a habit of comparing people of African American descent to animals. One time might be in poor taste, multiple times are clearly racism since its seems to be only people of a certain descent targeted that way.
  • Ignoring Roseanne completely, this is merely a symptom of something that has caused a chunk of American population who have gone backwards in civility for some reason and are starting to feel emboldened to be overtly racist.
It's not that "we don't make sense", its that people who think that aren't capable of looking at the complexity of things and are only able to devolve every argument to a primitive base level. That especially applies to your statement about the N-word (which isn't worth addressing since its been covered ad naseum).

• I didn't see her call her an animal per se. I have no idea why the comment was made.
  • It's Rosanne Barr, not exactly like she's been known for her civility and good taste.
  • I couldn't tell you much about Rosanne Barr other than once upon a time she had a popular show which evidently they decided to reboot recently; and she's a horrible singer.
  • We completely agree on the last one.
My statements about the N word and you guys not making sense is spot on. You want ignorant white kids to quit spouting the N-word? - Quit putting it in every song you make. Pfft. I'm also reading today that someone called Ivanka a c*nt, but I assure you that the various womens groups aren't going to call for her to get canned.

So no the left doesn't make sense, but don't take it personally because today's right doesn't either.

Yes.

Now, if you plainly stated "@Fawlty is a fat piece of shit", that would not be a joke.

So is an equal sign in this instance the word “like” or the word “is”?

Rosanne didn’t say “is like” she used this ‘=‘, which in mathematics translates to “is”. 5+3 is 8. You wouldn’t say 5+3 is “like 8”.

So by your logic she wasn’t making a joke, correct?

So by your logic she wasn’t making a joke, correct?

It was a joke, but it was intended to hurt. It wasn't a "Relax, it was just a joke" kind of joke.

There are racist jokes for instance, that racists(and non racists) find funny, but aren't funny to others. This could be likened to one. Still a joke, but in bad taste and offensive, yada, yada. Still a joke, though.

It was a joke, but it was intended to hurt. It wasn't a "Relax, it was just a joke" kind of joke.

There are racist jokes for instance, that racists(and non racists) find funny, but aren't funny to others. This could be likened to one. Still a joke, but in bad taste and offensive, yada, yada. Still a joke, though.

Not according to the explanation you gave that I was responding to. You differentiated jokes and statements by how they were worded., specifically noting the use of “is” and “is like”. According to how you broke it down, what Rosanne tweeted was an insult, not a joke.

What definitions?

Now, if you plainly stated "@Fawlty is a fat piece of shit", that would not be a joke.

Replace Fawlty with Jarret, replace "a fat piece of shit" with "baby of muslim brotherhood and planet of the apes". According to your breakdown, it's specifically NOT a joke. Going off what you've said here.

So, which formerly banned Libby are you?

The one that apparently makes you think anyone pointing out the stupid in your posts must be a liberal.

I'm kinda proud. Only kinda though, you are canadian*

*what a joke looks like

Didn't she though? According to Rogan she said she didn't know she was black. I don't even like her, and if she tweeted racist shit before, than it's karma paying her back

Rogan is a douche. I honestly hope he'll be the first person to ever OD on weed.

Last edited:
Replace Fawlty with Jarret, replace "a fat piece of shit" with "baby of muslim brotherhood and planet of the apes". According to your breakdown, it's specifically NOT a joke. Going off what you've said here.

No. You're simply incapable of interpreting what you read.

The one that apparently makes you think anyone pointing out the stupid in your posts must be a liberal.

So who were you, then? You won't get banned again for simply saying who you were. Are you embarrassed, or something?

No. You're simply incapable of interpreting what you read.

Then go ahead and highlight what I misinterpreted and how. Clearly I'm just too dumb to get it, but for passersby it'd look good if you explained how I was wrong. Rather than just stating it and quickly moving on to a different subject entirely.

So who were you, then? You won't get banned again for simply saying who you were. Are you embarrassed, or something?

Here's a big hint: my last account wasn't banned, and the person most often embarrassed by it, was you. :)

Here's a big hint: my last account wasn't banned

Pfft, yet another account, JBC. Good lord, what's the matter with you? Why do you have so many accounts? You now have three active ones. What's the deal? Does your little pea brain keep forgetting your passwords, or something? LOL.

Oh', and I've explained myself already. You're just too dense to understand.

Pfft, yet another account, JBC. Good lord, what's the matter with you? Why do you have so many accounts? You now have three active ones. What's the deal? Does your little pea brain keep forgetting your passwords, or something? LOL.

Oh', and I've explained myself already. You're just too dense to understand.

Edit, Never mind I got it.

I'm sorry Heretic I can't seem to find the part of this post where you addressed the topic we were discussing. Remember, you were gonna tell me what I misinterpreted and how? It's like you completely ignored that part because you couldn't address it.

I wonder why that is.... Probably the same reason you were able to guess who I was based off me saying "I smack you around a lot". :) It's hard remembering passwords when you're busy making fun of a canadian who spends his days stumping for Donald Trump. There's just so much ripe material, who can remember what dead pet's name I used to log in? That's harder than trying to be cool while admitting you're canadian and a fan of Donald Trump...

bork1}

Go ahead and tell me something about laughter being titled "rustled jimmies".

you guys can discuss roseanne and her dumb tweet all you want. it'll never change the fact of what she said and her showing being cancelled.

J. Bernie Cunningham.

AKA: Cargo King, AKA: Jopious Ex..something or other.

Still nothing about what I misinterpreted and how. Weird..

Must not have happened. I guess I'll just have to thank you for illustrating to everybody why what rosanne said was an insult and not a joke. Here let's recap it for everyone...

Yes.

Now, if you plainly stated "Valerie Jarret is a baby from muslim brotherhood and planet of the apes", that would not be a joke.

Thanks for clearing that all up for us Heretic.

Still nothing about what I misinterpreted and how. Weird.

I've already explained myself. You're just intent on going in circles, because you're either too stupid to understand the difference, or you're just trolling. I'm going with the former.

Oh', and since I'm a nice guy who likes helping out the mentally challenged, here's a word of advice that will help you out in the future. Write your password down. No, no, there's no need to thank me, big guy. That one is on the house. I know I just gave you some life altering advice, but trust me, it's really no big deal.

She should have used the correct term which would be "pan faced" if iirc.

Dozens of people find the look very sexy I'm assuming.

I've already explained myself. You're just intent on going in circles, because you're either too stupid to understand the difference, or you're just trolling. I'm going with the former.

Show where you explained yourself. Go ahead.

You said I misinterpreted something. I asked you to show me what I misinterpreted and how. You failed to do either, and changed the subject to me.(I'm flattered by the way, fehg)

Oh', and since I'm a nice guy who likes helping out the mentally challenged, here's a word of advice that will help you out in the future. Write your password down

Great idea, I bet they teach you that in canadian schools don't they?

<{Heymansnicker}>

No, no, there's no need to thank me, big guy. That one is on the house.

Place must've been condemned.

I know I just gave you some life altering advice, but trust me, it's really no big deal.

I wanna say A for effort but that'd just confuse capable people when they try hard. Really just the same weak shit. Pretend you answered questions you didn't even quote just to run from them, change the subject to me while trying- and failing -to sound witty. I mean, it's all standard Heretic but I thought after some time away you would've picked up SOMETHING new.

Tell me more about how Rosanne directly insulted Valerie Jarret and wasn't joking at all. That was fascinating stuff you were breaking down. Shame you got scared and ran from the discussion.

Back