The new Blade Runner is boring af

So they finally added Blade Runner to hbo and i was so excited to finally see this movie after hearing so many great things.

I totally agree TS. Fucking aweful. I made it 2 hours and 30 minutes before i turned it off. I literally dont even care to see the end.

Long drawn out scenes with terrible stupid music playing while the actors stare at the camera. Shit was tortute to watch

The film was great visually and the plot was ok .. But god damn the pacing was too damn slow. Hated it

Top 5 or 10 all time sci-fi flick for me, easily.

I saw people on here complaining about it's lack of nominations so I rented it tonight and it is FUCKING BORING

Ryan Gosling has no charisma

Fuck all of you for getting me to spend money on this trash

<Fedor23>I liked it. It was awesome in IMAX 3D.

Keep getting bored 20 minutes into the original so refuse to see the 2nd one.

I saw people on here complaining about it's lack of nominations so I rented it tonight and it is FUCKING BORING

Ryan Gosling has no charisma

Fuck all of you for getting me to spend money on this trash
You done screwed up not watching it in a theatre with a huge screen, even if you found it boring (which I didn’t) it’s mesmerisingly beautiful, I could watch it with the dialogue turned off and not get bored.

Ryan Gosling almost kills the movie but it's still great in spite of his garbage acting

thought it was pretty great. TS should stick to Transformers.

I saw it recently and thought it was pretty boring as well. 6.5/10 for me.

The cinematography and soundtrack are even better on rewatch.

It's good. They could have fleshed some things out better, and a couple scenes could have been shortened in order to fit in some fleshing out, but it's good. The music and atmosphere in the ending "battle" scene were pretty great. Gosling was fine.

Keep getting bored 20 minutes into the original so refuse to see the 2nd one.

Didn't like the original. Haven't seen new one.

I found the original boring, and the new one amazing. For what it’s worth.

Also, you don’t need to remember, or even see the original to watch 2049. A title card opens the movie and explains all you need to know.

I thought it was outstanding. One of the few times you had a sequel done long down the line by a different team and they nailed it. It was clear the director was a true fan of the original and the general concepts the BR universe put forth and set out to do the franchise justice.

This makes me want to see it again, frankly.

Agreed. It was garbage.

lol at Gosling having no charisma. he is a fucking robot ffs. that role was perfect for him.

I finally watched this on television over the weekend. Blade Runner is one of my favorite films, and as I may have said here on these forums before, I consider Ridley Scott of the 80s to be something of a pillar of cinema. Anyway...

I was blown away by this film. I'm not a fan of Gossling, but his lobotomized persona worked well as the android. The questions within the narrative of what it means to be human were every bit as compelling as the first film, and the story really worked well both as a sequel and on its own legs. To compare the film to the original, I can only say that Villeneuve beautifully captured the cinematic style of Scott's Blade Runner and branched off on his own while masterfully wielding the thematic concepts of the original. I felt a true homage to Blade Runner and yet this film delivered a powerful narrative that was unique to itself.

The final scene, when Deckard enters the room, and we see who his daughter is... Fucking shit.. My eyes actually watered a bit. I loved it. I had thought earlier that she was crying when viewing Gossling's memory because she was touched by the genuine emotion of it, but she was crying because it was her own life, and Gossling saw it and kept it to himself. He sacrificed himself to save Deckard and let this woman - who was essentially to him something of a sister - reunite with her father. He had helped to create a miracle and was able to die at peace. So fucking touching.

I'll have to review it just to more richly absorb the story and the intensity of the visuals. Great film.

Back