Anime and Manga v39

New Tower of God: Bam looking OP. I wonder how much of this he'll be able to carry back with him out of the mirror. Not that he'll be able to do this fusion thingy all the time, but I don't think he'll run into any regulars who can stand up to him for quite a while.

BATMAN NINJA
The US dialogue version is very different and is diminished by the changes in dialogue.

At some point, they did receive a rough, literal translation of the Japanese script, but it was only six pages long, and most of it was not usable.

"The literal translation doesn't really service the story the way the American audience would understand, and some of the jokes just didn't translate at all," Garcia said. They also received storyboards from the Japanese artists, though they were often so rough that it was difficult to tell which characters were which, much less piece together a comprehensive idea of what was going on in the movie. Often they'd have to go back months after writing something and redo it when they received more context or information about the scene.

At some point, they did receive a rough, literal translation of the Japanese script, but it was only six pages long, and most of it was not usable.

"The literal translation doesn't really service the story the way the American audience would understand, and some of the jokes just didn't translate at all," Garcia said. They also received storyboards from the Japanese artists, though they were often so rough that it was difficult to tell which characters were which, much less piece together a comprehensive idea of what was going on in the movie. Often they'd have to go back months after writing something and redo it when they received more context or information about the scene.
Sounds like a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

Batman Ninja was very disappointing.

I didn't know there was an Japanese version or else I would've seeked that out first. But the English version was pretty terrible. I can't imagine the Japanese version being significantly better though. There are things about Japanese language and culture that don't translate over well to English, and vice versa...and then you have a story about an American hero but using a japanese framework to tell the story, it doesn't fit.

This animation often times came across as some weaboo's wet dream. It's a shame because the premise of the story was actually really interesting.
But there was no heart to the story. It was told in a very generic way.
And Batman was a moron throughout this. Constant dumbass mistakes were made.
I also found Joker and Harley's voices and constant oneliners to be really irritating . I barely made it through the movie.

Latest One Piece got me hyped.

Kaido and Big Mom making contact.

Marines are in a bind.

CP0-Rob Lucci and Kaku make an appearance.

And Shanks meeting with the Gorosei.

Re reading and watching Death Note...

Man Light was so arrogant in the end. He put way too much trust in Mikami.

Ippo raws~Kimura actually wins. Though his fights are still gags.

Marathoned Zoids New Century again. Fast paced and fun. Latter half of the season was rushed but it’s all good. Strike Laser Claw!!!

I still get annoyed at the ending of Death Note I wanted light to win. My cousin watched the Netflix movie and tried telling me how good it was (horrible movie). I kept insisting he watch the anime and he finally did and called me immediately and was raving about how much better it was than the Netflix movie.

I still get annoyed at the ending of Death Note I wanted light to win. My cousin watched the Netflix movie and tried telling me how good it was (horrible movie). I kept insisting he watch the anime and he finally did and called me immediately and was raving about how much better it was than the Netflix movie.
One day, people will realize that animes in general, have much more talented story tellers.

One day, people will realize that animes in general, have much more talented story tellers.

I try to explain this to my wife every time she walks by and shakes her head at me watching an anime. She doesn't get it though. My sister actually got it once she sat down and watched the older Berserk series they had. Once it ended I was missing the final episodes and she kept asking me every day when I was going to get it.

I try to explain this to my wife every time she walks by and shakes her head at me watching an anime. She doesn't get it though. My sister actually got it once she sat down and watched the older Berserk series they had. Once it ended I was missing the final episodes and she kept asking me every day when I was going to get it.
Welp, some people watch big brother. Can't judge.

The 90s Berserk?

Latest One Piece got me hyped.

Kaido and Big Mom making contact.

Marines are in a bind.

CP0-Rob Lucci and Kaku make an appearance.

And Shanks meeting with the Gorosei.
Such a tease to end the chapter on that.

Ive watched a lot anime and read a lot of manga. Nothing comes close to DN. Its near perfect. The pacing and beats witin an episode is so well done, its astounding we dont have a western version of it. Its so easy to adapt, with little CG required, it would make for great TV.

Ive watched a lot anime and read a lot of manga. Nothing comes close to DN. Its near perfect. The pacing and beats witin an episode is so well done, its astounding we dont have a western version of it. Its so easy to adapt, with little CG required, it would make for great TV.

Yea I feel Netflix could have pulled it off if they went the TV show route. Trying to cram it into a 2 hour movie isn't going to work.

Dad doesn't quite get it, but my mom does. She REALLY loves OPM and greatly enjoyed Bahamut with me as well as Western Animated shows like Gravity Falls. Some people just don't appreciate just how amazing animation can be in terms of story telling.

Death Note is the best anime you've watched?

Death Note is the best anime you've watched?
Ive watched a lot of great anime, nothing comes close.

From sports anime like ippo, slam dunk, ping pong, one outs, to psychological anime like monster, steins gate etc.

Back