STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I WAS AGREEING WITH YOU RE: MERIT/ANNOYANCE!

See Post #4656, Columbia, to prevent embarrassing yourself further.
That's fine. I meant it.

*edit*
look at the post you replied to. It mentioned nothing about "merit," ya fuckin Melvin. What do you think I'm supposed to infer. Does MMA attract stupid, or just this site?

There is no story. There's a series of incoherent scenes with no conflict and subplots that have absolutely zero bearing on whatever story they're trying to tell. Kylo Ren is conflicted. Rey is OP. That's where they started in TFA. That's where they are now. The First Order is strong and The Resistance is weak. Cool, that's how they both started in TFA. There is no development.
tenor.gif

It's really annoying to listen to a person give their opinion without any merit. It's like listening to one of you guys. I much prefer Red Letter Media, Cinefix and Lessons From a Screenplay. They're reviewers that come from an actual film making background and break down the quality of a film from a technical standpoint without using qualifiers like "I think" ad nauseum.
lol... you lost me at RLM. Jenny Nicholoson is 10 x the movie podcaster that they are. They only wish they could Jenny like she Jenny'z. :cool:

That was never a convo we had. I'm not sure I want to keep spending time expressing my point of view to you if you completely twist things like this.

I said that the movie's story is an incoherent mess full of plot holes and you said it wasn't and you could explain why it wasn't. So far I don't see you defending the problems I am presenting. Instead you say that you think it's fine, wait until the next movie, Snoke isn't a main character (which is nonsensical). I was under the impression that you would defend the movie.

I carefully read through all of your replys here & you have twisted almost everything I've said. Several times you completely ignored what I said. Plus you're getting more rude in your replies & so I'm fine dropping this conversation.

For example:

Yes, obviously a character can have a critical role without being a main character. he does something that the main story & main characters critically need... but he is not a main character in himself.

Saying his role was critical but his character was not a "main character" is contradictory. The point is that Snoke was not an unimportant side character. He was a main villain if not THE main villain and that only changed when the badly written story killed him and didn't bother to give fans any information about who the hell he was. Very obvious bad writing.

This reply of yours is both rude... & wrong. I'll give you that he was a medium level character at best. the dude only got 5 minutes of screen time in the 1st act. I don't know why you don't understand that.

What does 5 minutes of screen time have to do with anything? That's like saying Luke isn't an important character because we only see him briefly at the end of the first movie. Ok medium level character. The point is he had a huge role that they threw away. They treated him like nothing. Now someone can say I don't care about him all day long but the point is he was a new and interesting character that was written terribly so now people don't give a shit about him. He is dead. A huge villain who appeared more powerful than perhaps any character in the star wars universe is dead and we knew nothing about him. How anyone can say that is good writing is beyond me.

I would like to address the following before we drop the convo though

Bro... I'm just being real. You & I are having a conversation & you pressured me to look at it a different way... I did... & I changed my mind. I had an epiphany. Thank you for that. I no longer need to hear Snoke's back story because it's absolutely un-necessary for the story. I didn't realize that until you pressured me to look at it like that. Snoke's backstory has absolutely nothing to do with the plot. All we gotta know is that he's the man... we don't gotta know why. It's completely irrelevant to the story.

You admitted he needed to be developed more and then backtracked. That would be great if you would admit that he was written badly and could have been A LOT better. Yeah Snoke is unnecessary. NOW. Now after they killed him in such a stupid and nonsensical fashion. After all of that he was completely unnecessary. Shouldn't have been in the movie at all.

You have something in your head that says i need to "defend" or something. I'm simply keeping things real with the way I feel.

Per your own words, that's not what you're looking for... so lets just be done.

I never cared how you feel about the movie. Like it as much as you want. I'm interested in someone actually defending the numerous problems it has in it. After this point I planned to move on to the infamous Rose speeder scene towards the end. I would love to hear how that wasn't the dumbest most poorly written scene maybe in the whole movie. Do you still believe that the movie has no plot holes?

Saying his role was critical but his character was not a "main character" is contradictory.
Take the Architect in the Matrix. He was the head of everything... and vital to the plot... but not a main character.

The guy who made John Wick's bullet proof suit... is absolutely critical to the story. If you saw Wick blocking bullets with his suit without that scene with the suit maker... it wouldn't make sense. So the suit maker is absolutely critical to the movie... but is not a main character.

Did I really have to explain that?

I never cared how you feel about the movie. Like it as much as you want. I'm interested in someone actually defending the numerous problems it has in it.
I explained to you very clearly that Snoke's back story has absolutely no bearing on the plot what-so-ever. You however reject it due to you "wanting" more of Snoke. You do not "need" more. Those are your "feelings". Snoke's roll rounds out the plot very nicely. How did Kylo get in charge of the first order? Oh yeah... he became Snokes number 2 & then killed him. End of story. No plot holes.

So while you are coming back to me about your feelings... you simultaneously don't want to hear mine. You only "WANT" more of Snoke. You do not "NEED" more of him. You can't have it both ways. Do you want to talk strictly about plot holes... or do you want to talk about how we feel about the movie as well?

I'm getting a little worn from having to explain things like this to be honest.

Have you seen this? http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/141905831/ He's talking about you.

After this point I planned to move on to the infamous Rose speeder scene towards the end. I would love to hear how that wasn't the dumbest most poorly written scene maybe in the whole movie. Do you still believe that the movie has no plot holes?
You also brought up the Raddus chase scene... & completely ignored the logic I presented & are ready to move on without acknowledging that I explained away your plot hole concerns. There is no plot hole in the chase scene. So instead of giving me a high five for explaining that there's no plot hole with Snoke... & there's no plot hole with the chase scene... you try to make it like I didn't do anything & then you bring up another topic.

I will address this next topic once you acknowledge that those other things we've discussed have no plot holes. I'm also fine with dropping this convo as well.

What does 5 minutes of screen time have to do with anything? That's like saying Luke isn't an important character because we only see him briefly at the end of the first movie.
OMG... I getting pretty convinced you are trolling me now. Are you really comparing Luke... whom we've not only had an entire trilogy about... but we even had an entire trilogy about his dad... & we probably know more about Luke Skywalker than any character in existence... but somehow him & Snoke having an equal amount of screen time makes some kind of point?

Also, my point is about Snoke not being a "main" character.... you are saying "important" character... in which I have been very clear that Snoke is a very important character. he's absolutely vital to the plot... but he is not a main character. That's all we're discussing... & you have actually digressed & said that he's a medium level character... so why are you still arguing with me about this?

I really don't have time for this. Either keep it real or lets shut this down.

Last edited:
Why couldn't they just make Luke Skywalker cool and have Luke Han and Leia (the big 3) on screen together again.

Good grief this was as easy as it gets and they blew it. This was a colossal blunder bigger than Shelly Long leaving Cheers for a movie career that never existed.

Take the Architect in the Matrix. He was the head of everything... and vital to the plot... but not a main character.

The guy who made John Wick's bullet proof suit... is absolutely critical to the story. If you saw Wick blocking bullets with his suit without that scene with the suit maker... it wouldn't make sense. So the suit maker is absolutely critical to the movie... but is not a main character.

Did I really have to explain that?

Wasn't the architect in only one of the movies? Snoke was a main villain from the start and into the second movie. That is a lot different but again I already said I don't care if you want to call him a main character or a mid level character or whatever. He had a very big role that is the point. Trying to justify how his character was treated by saying "well he wasn't a main character" is ridiculous.

I explained to you very clearly that Snoke's back story has absolutely no bearing on the plot what-so-ever. You however reject it due to you "wanting" more of Snoke. You do not "need" more. Those are your "feelings". Snoke's roll rounds out the plot very nicely. How did Kylo get in charge of the first order? Oh yeah... he became Snokes number 2 & then killed him. End of story. No plot holes.

You want to disregard character development and pretend it doesn't matter. You don't care because you want to disregard Snoke as unimportant. Snoke's character development is just as important to his character as Kylo's or Rey's character development is for them. I'm not calling this part a plot hole. I am calling this absolutely shitty writing. Snoke didn't even need to be in either movie. Kylo could have taken power in a number of ways. Hell he could have been in power from the start. Snoke was a shit character no one cares about and that is the movie's fault. Snoke was incredibly disappointing to fans and it's absolutely understandable why.

So while you are coming back to me about your feelings... you simultaneously don't want to hear mine. You only "WANT" more of Snoke. You do not "NEED" more of him. You can't have it both ways. Do you want to talk strictly about plot holes... or do you want to talk about how we feel about the movie as well?

This isn't about what I want. This is about good writing. This is about good character development. Unfortunately plot holes are not the only problems in this movie.

You also brought up the Raddus chase scene... & completely ignored the logic I presented & are ready to move on without acknowledging that I explained away your plot hole concerns. There is no plot hole in the chase scene. So instead of giving me a high five for explaining that there's no plot hole with Snoke... & there's no plot hole with the chase scene... you try to make it like I didn't do anything & then you bring up another topic.

I mentioned the chase scene as really dumb. I haven't called it a plot hole and it's not really the topic we are on right now. I absolutely never called Snoke a plot hole. You really haven't been defending the problems with Snoke. Just pushing it off until the next movie and trying to pretend like his character doesn't matter at all. Like it's ok to just pretend like Snoke doesn't exist because the movie shit on him so badly.

I will address this next topic once you acknowledge that those other things we've discussed have no plot holes. I'm also fine with dropping this convo as well.

I never called them plot holes so I don't know what you are talking about. Well you essentially called me a hater among other things and I said I would be fine to go through the movie if you wanted but I was under the impression you would be defending the movie. I'm ready to keep going if you are actually going to be defending it.

OMG... I getting pretty convinced you are trolling me now. Are you really comparing Luke... whom we've not only had an entire trilogy about... but we even had an entire trilogy about his dad... & we probably know more about Luke Skywalker than any character in existence... but somehow him & Snoke having an equal amount of screen time makes some kind of point?

You were the one arguing that screen time was important. So I brought up a very important character with little screen time. The point is that screen time doesn't necessarily mean anything. A character can have little screen time and still be a main character or extremely important character. I didn't have to use Luke I can make the point with other characters and from other movies.

Also, my point is about Snoke not being a "main" character.... you are saying "important" character... in which I have been very clear that Snoke is a very important character. he's absolutely vital to the plot... but he is not a main character. That's all we're discussing... & you have actually digressed & said that he's a medium level character... so why are you still arguing with me about this?

I really don't have time for this. Either keep it real or lets shut this down.

"He is not a main character" doesn't mean anything. So what if he is or isn't a main character? He isn't some faceless storm trooper that fans don't care about. He was a main antagonist of the movie. I don't know why you think it's ok to ignore him just because he isn't Luke, Rey, or Kylo. Again, Snoke COULD have been just as important as many of the characters you would call main characters like Finn. He only isn't because the movie threw his character away.

I don't care what category you want to put him in. Main, or mid level or what. It has absolutely nothing to do with the point I am making. You don't introduce such an important antagonist and treat his character like that. It's terrible writing.

@Myrddin Wild

We are probably not going anywhere on Snoke at this point so I'm interested in the next point. The Rose/Finn speeder scene towards the end of the movie.

When I think about everything I dislike about this movie including every example of bad writing and every plot hole......this scene and sequence stands out to me as one of the worst offenders. It's such poor writing and such drivel. Finn gets emotional being the last speeder trying to stop the first order. He has a real character moment when he decides to sacrifice himself for what he really cares about. This was a decent moment until Rose comes out of nowhere and slams her speeder into his because she wanted to save his life. Anyone with any amount of common sense can immediately see the problem with that. First off she could have killed both of them by doing that. Do the writers of this movie think that their characters are complete morons? Do they think the audience is nothing but children who don't see how ridiculous this scene is? Then even if both survive they are OUT FAR FROM THE BASE RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE ENEMY. How the hell could Rose think that they would surivive? How do the writers think that they would survive? Then she delivers that stupid line "I saved you, that's how we are going to win, not fighting what we hate, saving what we love". Finn was on his way to try to save what he loves. Save his friends. Save the resistance, and Rose puts their lives in grave danger and STOPS him from the chance of saving what he loves. Roses very sister died because she was saving what she loved. Now Rose disregads the mission and it's importance. She isn't thinking about all of the people that will die if that cannon goes off. She just wants to slam a speeder into Finn right in front of the enemy that just shot down all of the other speeders. WTF. I can't believe anyone thought this would be a good scene to put into this movie. It is absolute nonsense.

THEN you have this huge plot hole of how they make it all the way back to the base. Did you see how far away they are from that base? We are supposed to believe that Finn DRAGGED Rose all the way back without the enemy blasting them? That just isn't possible and the film gives no indication of how it could have been done. If you look at the distance to the base it would take hours to drag someone that far. Absolutely ridiculous. The movie essentially just teleported them back. No worries about plot holes right?

Time stampped

Snoke didn't even need to be in either movie. Kylo could have taken power in a number of ways. Hell he could have been in power from the start.
That's pushing it. You'd be like "how the hell did Ben Solo become the leader of the First Order?" then you'd say "awe fook it.... I don't need to know." lol... no...

You pretty much need Kylo's path to the top whether it's in the front of the story or in flashbacks. You don't need Snoke's. Kylo has a bloodline that we need to understand his back story. Snoke was just never the main character you made him out to be. Just get over that & you will see the beauty behind how he was written in which perfectly explains how this upper middle class kid became the leader of the First Order. that's not an easy thing to explain, but Snoke's roll in this movie pulls it off completely.

You want to disregard character development and pretend it doesn't matter. You don't care because you want to disregard Snoke as unimportant.
I've been very clear that Snoke is vitally "important." Not sure how many more time's I need to repeat that. Maybe just read this sentence a few times over.
Just pushing it off until the next movie and trying to pretend like his character doesn't matter at all. Like it's ok to just pretend like Snoke doesn't exist because the movie shit on him so badly.
Strange how you just subtly twist what I say. Like... I said that it's fine that he died because it was essential to getting Kylo into power... but you twist it by making it out like I'm pretending Snoke doesn't exist at all. I've been very clear that his roll was absolutely vital.

Well you essentially called me a hater among other things and I said I would be fine to go through the movie if you wanted but I was under the impression you would be defending the movie. I'm ready to keep going if you are actually going to be defending it.
I don't recall exactly what I called you... but our first conversations were you pretty much saying nothing except that it was crap... while we were discussing the ratings system... & so "if" I called you a hater then it was likely justified.

I'm going to be as clear as possible here. Snoke was a well written character who served his purpose. It's not easy to show how Kylo became king... but Snoke's roll makes it crystal clear & very believable. Very good writing.

I actually learned that in the course of this conversation. Originally I felt like his backstory was necessary. When you pressured me to look at act 2 as if there were no act 3, I realized that Snoke's roll is completely wrapped up.

You simply just "want" more. I get it... Snoke was a bad ass character. I want to know more about him too... & I'm sure we'll get it whether in act 3 or in another media outlet. However in this movie... I do not need any more of Snoke's story in order to enjoy the main plot of this movie. Snoke's roll was achieved. You just need to get over your pretense that he would've played more of a roll in this movie.

The chase scene was also a well written plot that served to show how the rebels were almost completely wiped out. It was different.... & the hyperspace missile was off the hook! & was set up beautifully by the chase scene. We still got a nice land battle too... so all good.

That's pushing it. You'd be like "how the hell did Ben Solo become the leader of the First Order?" then you'd say "awe fook it.... I don't need to know." lol... no...

You pretty much need Kylo's path to the top whether it's in the front of the story or in flashbacks. You don't need Snoke's. Kylo has a bloodline that we need to understand his back story. Snoke was just never the main character you made him out to be.

These two movies had two head villains. Kylo and Snoke. Snoke was a main villain. Quit pretending like he was some side character that no one should have ever cared about.

I've been very clear that Snoke is vitally "important." Not sure how many more time's I need to repeat that. Maybe just read this sentence a few times over.
Strange how you just subtly twist what I say. Like... I said that it's fine that he died because it was essential to getting Kylo into power... but you twist it by making it out like I'm pretending Snoke doesn't exist at all. I've been very clear that his roll was absolutely vital.

Snoke is vitally important but you also think no one should give a shit about his character. Yeah no. Again Snoke was not vital to getting Kylo into power. That could have been done in a million different ways. They chose to make a dark and mysterious villain above Kylo, but they simply did a terrible job with the character.

I don't recall exactly what I called you... but our first conversations were you pretty much saying nothing except that it was crap... while we were discussing the ratings system... & so "if" I called you a hater then it was likely justified.

I do think it's a bad movie and I do think it's a horrible star wars movie. How exactly does that make me a hater? What is a hater?

I'm going to be as clear as possible here. Snoke was a well written character who served his purpose. It's not easy to show how Kylo became king... but Snoke's roll makes it crystal clear & very believable. Very good writing.

lol at well written. You mean that guy I know absolutely nothing about and then was killed? Yeah he is so well written. What an amazing character. It was so cool when I realized he was......then I found that he went.....he was hell bent on.....oh nothing I guess.

The chase scene was also a well written plot that served to show how the rebels were almost completely wiped out. It was different.... & the hyperspace missile was off the hook! & was set up beautifully by the chase scene. We still got a nice land battle too... so all good.

I didn't really want to jump to this point so I probably shouldn't have brought it up but since we are on it I will comment. I won't call the chase a plot hole but it was very lazy writing. Much of it just didn't make sense. Here is Mauler explaining more in depth what was wrong with it. I have typed enough for the day. I will most likely take a break.

These two movies had two head villains. Kylo and Snoke. Snoke was a main villain. Quit pretending like he was some side character that no one should have ever cared about.
Only if you stop putting words into my mouth that I didn't say. I'm not sure how many times I can repeat that I felt like Snoke was a critical part of the plot & I loved him as a character.

Snoke is vitally important but you also think no one should give a shit about his character. Yeah no
Again? You gonna misquote me on every statement you make?

I do think it's a bad movie and I do think it's a horrible star wars movie. How exactly does that make me a hater? What is a hater?
Before I answer that, I'd like to be sure that I even called you that & see the context. I'm not invested enough in this to spend time looking it up... but I do recall you just putting out message after message during our ratings chat that the movie wasn't good, without giving any backup info... & that's pretty much what differentiates someone between being a hater & being someone who just doesn't like the movie.

lol at well written. You mean that guy I know absolutely nothing about and then was killed? Yeah he is so well written. What an amazing character.
You're being dramatic. We know things about him. We know enough for this plot to work. All we need to know about Snoke is that he was powerful enough to build the military, & he was strong enough in the force to make Kylo his apprentise.

Without being such a smartass why don't you explain what else we need to know.

I didn't really want to jump to this point so I probably shouldn't have brought it up but since we are on it I will comment. I won't call the chase a plot hole but it was very lazy writing. Much of it just didn't make sense. Here is Mauler explaining more in depth what was wrong with it. I have typed enough for the day. I will most likely take a break.

I think that's pretty lazy of you to expect me to listen to someone else's critiques instead of your own. Am I to comment on every single thing he says?

For example: their first problem is gibberish. They are trying to debunk the chase scene by saying that canon's in space don't lose their power the further out they go & so "getting closer" isn't going to help. This is obviously bull sh*t because the idea is that once they run out of gas, that they can surround them. Right now the Raddus has full power to the rear shields... & once they get surrounded, they will not hold. Now I've typed all of this out & I don't even know if you agree that is a problem.

Do you see the issue here?

he mentions a lot of different things... but if you aren't willing to be bothered to type out what your issues are... I'm not going to sit here & comment on every single thing he says.

Only if you stop putting words into my mouth that I didn't say. I'm not sure how many times I can repeat that I felt like Snoke was a critical part of the plot & I loved him as a character.

When did I say that you didn't? You claim he is critical but also call him a non main character so people shouldn't care.

Again? You gonna misquote me on every statement you make?

That is legitimately what I am getting from your posts. You defend that we know nothing about him and say that it doesn't matter.

Before I answer that, I'd like to be sure that I even called you that & see the context. I'm not invested enough in this to spend time looking it up... but I do recall you just putting out message after message during our ratings chat that the movie wasn't good, without giving any backup info... & that's pretty much what differentiates someone between being a hater & being someone who just doesn't like the movie.

You never asked for "backup info" when I was saying those things. Then finally when it somehow came up ( I don't exactly remember). I quickly set this up to explain in detail the problems with the movie. So yeah I don't understand your hater label at all. It appears to be something you call anyone who really doesn't like the movie. Do you expect someone who doesn't like the movie to say nice things about it?

You're being dramatic. We know things about him. We know enough for this plot to work. All we need to know about Snoke is that he was powerful enough to build the military, & he was strong enough in the force to make Kylo his apprentise.

Without being such a smartass why don't you explain what else we need to know.

I'm making a point and no we don't know crap about him. You being ok with knowing hardly anything about him doesn't change his bad character development. I don't care if you are ok with it, It's still bad character development. The movie literally had a main villain in which they gave us no information about him and then killed him in the second movie. That's just bad.

What do we need to know? How about who is he? How old is he? How did he meet Kylo? What are his plans with Kylo? Is he a Sith or something else? You know the questions you yourself had for the long time you waited for the movie.

I think that's pretty lazy of you to expect me to listen to someone else's critiques instead of your own. Am I to comment on every single thing he says?649"]

I have typed out so much about star wars and you are seriously calling me lazy? WTF. I would think linking something that gives great detail into the topic and even time stamping it would be something helpful to the conversation. Why the fuck should I type all of that out when you can simply listen to it and respond? Good grief. I don't care what you comment on, it wasn't even my decision to go into this topic. If you want to stop and go respond to the other post I made on Rose and Finn then please do so.

For example: their first problem is gibberish. They are trying to debunk the chase scene by saying that canon's in space don't lose their power the further out they go & so "getting closer" isn't going to help. This is obviously bull sh*t because the idea is that once they run out of gas, that they can surround them. Right now the Raddus has full power to the rear shields... & once they get surrounded, they will not hold. Now I've typed all of this out & I don't even know if you agree that is a problem.

I wouldn't have linked it if I didn't agree. I don't know how you think that is gibberish. So what if they could be surrounded in the future if they could be fired upon now. It was a very convenient and strange plot device to say that they are too far away to be fired upon. I just find the chase thing to be so convenient for the writer. I don't buy that the first order had absolutely no way to get other ships to the Raddus to attack it.

Do you see the issue here?

he mentions a lot of different things... but if you aren't willing to be bothered to type out what your issues are... I'm not going to sit here & comment on every single thing he says.

Dont comment then. You wanted to know what's wrong with it and I gave it to you. Either comment or don't. My other post on Rose and Finn is waiting.

@Myrddin Wild

We are probably not going anywhere on Snoke at this point so I'm interested in the next point. The Rose/Finn speeder scene towards the end of the movie.

When I think about everything I dislike about this movie including every example of bad writing and every plot hole......this scene and sequence stands out to me as one of the worst offenders. It's such poor writing and such drivel. Finn gets emotional being the last speeder trying to stop the first order. He has a real character moment when he decides to sacrifice himself for what he really cares about. This was a decent moment until Rose comes out of nowhere and slams her speeder into his because she wanted to save his life. Anyone with any amount of common sense can immediately see the problem with that. First off she could have killed both of them by doing that. Do the writers of this movie think that their characters are complete morons? Do they think the audience is nothing but children who don't see how ridiculous this scene is? Then even if both survive they are OUT FAR FROM THE BASE RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE ENEMY. How the hell could Rose think that they would surivive? How do the writers think that they would survive? Then she delivers that stupid line "I saved you, that's how we are going to win, not fighting what we hate, saving what we love". Finn was on his way to try to save what he loves. Save his friends. Save the resistance, and Rose puts their lives in grave danger and STOPS him from the chance of saving what he loves. Roses very sister died because she was saving what she loved. Now Rose disregads the mission and it's importance. She isn't thinking about all of the people that will die if that cannon goes off. She just wants to slam a speeder into Finn right in front of the enemy that just shot down all of the other speeders. WTF. I can't believe anyone thought this would be a good scene to put into this movie. It is absolute nonsense.

THEN you have this huge plot hole of how they make it all the way back to the base. Did you see how far away they are from that base? We are supposed to believe that Finn DRAGGED Rose all the way back without the enemy blasting them? That just isn't possible and the film gives no indication of how it could have been done. If you look at the distance to the base it would take hours to drag someone that far. Absolutely ridiculous. The movie essentially just teleported them back. No worries about plot holes right?

Time stampped

Yeah for me that was one of the most egregious scenes. Easily.

What do we need to know? How about who is he? How old is he? How did he meet Kylo? What are his plans with Kylo? Is he a Sith or something else? You know the questions you yourself had for the long time you waited for the movie.
How about who is he? He's a powerful force user who has been hidden in the unknown territories while he built a massive military. That's all you need to know for this plot. Your insistence that more is needed is your preference. It is not a fact. Catch the rest in whatever media his story is presented in.... but for this movie's purposes... Snoke was perfectly described.

Further info is that Snoke is the dark presence that Sidious felt from the unknown regions & he sent scouts out to find it. Snoke witnessed the entire rise & fall of the empire. When the empire was defeated, many of the Empire retreated to the unknown regions where they would've gotten lost were it not for the help of guides who served Snoke. The officers re-organized themselves into the First Order & to the surprise of the leaders, Snoke rose to power.

How old is he? It's only a curiosity & not important.

How did he meet Kylo? he was invested in expanding his feelings throughout the galaxy... Sidious even detected his presence at one time prior to the empire... so he's been doing it a long time. After the empire fell, Snoke continued this practice... & having witnessed the rise & fall of the empire was particularly interested in the Skywalker family... & Ben Solo in particular. He felt like Ben had the right balance of the dark & the light side of the force in him.

As best as I can tell, Snoke only manipulated him mentally until Ben destroyed Luke's temple & after that would be the first time they actually met face to face.

What are his plans with Kylo? Extremely likely to the point of being obvious that his intention was for Kylo to be his minion such as Vader was to Sidious.

Is he a Sith or something else?
Did not follow the Sith religion. No specific religion is named, but he was a practitioner & believer in a mix of light & dark. His ring came from the catacombs beneath Vader's castle on Mustifar.

So yeah I don't understand your hater label at all. It appears to be something you call anyone who really doesn't like the movie. Do you expect someone who doesn't like the movie to say nice things about it?
Unless you can prove I said it, then why are you blaming me for it? All I've said is that I could see why I might have. You're going on as if I actually called you that. & for the 10,000th time, I don't call everyone a hater just because they don't like the movie. A hater is someone who posts their discontent over & over with no real reason other than to just present the idea that they don't like it.

When did I say that you didn't? You claim he is critical but also call him a non main character so people shouldn't care.
I've addressed this over & over...

"People shouldn't care" is your words... not mine.
That is legitimately what I am getting from your posts. You defend that we know nothing about him and say that it doesn't matter.
"it doesn't matter" are your words not mine

I'm not sure if we should be communicating. It doesn't seem to be working.

Last edited:
I wouldn't have linked it if I didn't agree. I don't know how you think that is gibberish. So what if they could be surrounded in the future if they could be fired upon now. It was a very convenient and strange plot device to say that they are too far away to be fired upon.
no fuel = no shields.

I have typed out so much about star wars and you are seriously calling me lazy? WTF. I would think linking something that gives great detail into the topic and even time stamping it would be something helpful to the conversation. Why the fuck should I type all of that out when you can simply listen to it and respond? Good grief.
I explained in detail that there are a bunch of things the video mentions & the first thing isn't even valid. After the 1st thing... he rattles off like 10 things after that & some were & some weren't worthy of my response. Everything your guy says is not accurate. See the "no fuel = no shields" logic you & him seem to have missed. So I'm not going to sit here & answer to everything especially if you can't be bothered to point out what you want.

A video is a suplement to your own query's not a replacement.

Dont comment then. You wanted to know what's wrong with it and I gave it to you. Either comment or don't.
Yes, lets be done. I don't think we communicate very well. To be honest I think you just want me to accept what you say & you don't want to hear anything I have to say. For example... I would be really surprised if you could say... "you know what... I never thought of the fact that the shields wouldn't be powered any more once they ran out of gas. My guy on the video is wrong for making that out to be a flaw of the movie."

Last edited:
Back