International Trump/Kim Singapore Summit **UPDATE** Korean Denuclearization Agreement Signed

I’m greatly looking forward to our new allies in Russia, North Korea and China while we fear for battle with the nefarious likes of the G7 countries.

Jesus Christ

This is completely divorced from reality.

Nothing remotely close to troop withdrawals was discussed. Trump stated he’d like to see the troops come home.

Doesn’t everyone?

Btw, the absolute desperation of the media and the left today is absolutely delicious.

Trump meeting with Kim is a good thing and there's not really any downside to it, except maybe a hurt ego for Trump if it doesn't turn into a success.

The agreement they signed doesn't mean much yet though. It's extremely generally written with plenty of room for both sides to interpret it as they choose, and Trump himself has shown a few times that a signed agreement from a country doesn't have to mean anything. Hopefully it works out, but it would be naive to be very hopeful about what actions Kim will take.

No, and so long as a similarly negotiated deal takes place here I'd also approve and give Trump credit. Just pointing out the rank hypocrisy. The chances a Senate approved treaty comes of these negotiations is small. The other poster who thinks Trump 100% gets a "legally binding treaty" is a troll or delusional.
The Iran deal sucked
This deal might suck
What details you basing your opinion on

Jesus Christ

Are you deliberately trying to spin a lying narrative?

Trump NEVER said he was reducing troops. He said he wouldn't hold the war games next to Korea.

Trump has caused you so much stress that you're becoming a hysterical liar.

in the grand scheme of things, this is a huge step for humanity.

Regardless of the details outlined by the pen,

TENSIONS WITH North Korea has been squashed.

The fear mongering of North Korea has been squashed overnight (for practical purposes).

Only South Korea and USA met with Kim, history has pivoted today.

Months back, there was talks of war and how Hawaii and Somoa were easy targets.....

And on the talks of Denuclearization, the same fear mongering once involved, is that even a factor anymore?

Both China and NK aren't really big fans of a U.S military presence on the Korean Peninsula.

NK is China lapdog. It's geopolitics 101

NK SAY they arent fans of it. but the kim dynasty's legitimacy is built around being NK's protector from the US. so if the US is no longer "bullying" them....who will kim be "protecting" the NK people from? why will they need him?

Btw, the absolute desperation of the media and the left today is absolutely delicious.

Man, it is disheartening to see. Just as nuts as those far right turds who talked crap about anything Obama did. I want to blame it on just sour grapes, but it is more than that. We just attack anything done by the other side now, regardless of what it is.

This stuff complaining about Trump "legitimizing" Kim is hogwash. Un was already ligitimized; he is the rightful leader (under their government) of a sovereign nation with military power. We aren't talking about meeting with and legitimizing the head of one these ME terror groups.

in the grand scheme of things, this is a huge step for humanity.

Regardless of the details outlined by the pen,

TENSIONS WITH North Korea has been squashed.

The fear mongering of North Korea has been squashed overnight (for practical purposes).

Only South Korea and USA met with Kim, history has pivoted today.

Months back, there was talks of war and how Hawaii and Somoa were easy targets.....

And on the talks of Denuclearization, the same fear mongering once involved, is that even a factor anymore?

you dont think all of these claims are a bit premature? hes pledged to "start the process" of denuclearization. what does that mean, tangibly? who will inspect?

in what way do you think his life was in danger?

When you preside over a literally starving population, the chances of someone taking a shot is high. After giving his own people an increased sense of change, that chance only increases.

When the US wants a leader gone, your chance of death is high.

Trump NEVER said he was reducing troops. He said he wouldn't hold the war games next to Korea.

This is a good move by trump. It shows we are willing to cooperate and recognize (either for real or as lip service) that we are ready to work with NK on meaningful change.

Are you deliberately trying to spin a lying narrative?

Trump has caused you so much stress that you're becoming a hysterical liar.

"I want to get our soldiers out. I want to bring our soldiers back home," Trump said. "But that's not part of the equation right now. I hope it will be eventually."

"I want to get our soldiers out. I want to bring our soldiers back home," Trump said. "But that's not part of the equation right now. I hope it will be eventually."

Sounds like a very reasonable thing to say. What's wrong with you? Sincerely.

you dont think all of these claims are a bit premature? hes pledged to "start the process" of denuclearization. what does that mean, tangibly? who will inspect?
I dont care about the details at this point.

I dont care that Kim even keeps his Nukes.

We just had a breakthrough moment with NK.

I live in the west coast, supposedly I was an easy target to be BOMBED. Now on the flip side, looks like massive progress has been achieved. This somehow evil country is even in talks about giving up nukes have having a friendly relationship with America.

These are two VASTLY different scenarios that you glossed by and havent soaked in. Have you forgotten that this supposed regime was near war with America?

When you preside over a literally starving population, the chances of someone taking a shot is high. After giving his own people an increased sense of change, that chance only increases.

whats changed from any point the kims have ruled NK in this regard?

When the US wants a leader gone, your chance of death is high.

whats changed from any point the kims have ruled NK?

Actually, they signed a document.

Unlike the Iran deal...
And of course both of these men are notoriously dogged about being trustworthy and holding up bargains, especially the nebulous and nonbinding type.

Back