International Trump/Kim Singapore Summit **UPDATE** Korean Denuclearization Agreement Signed

@SBJJ just so you know if Trump does remove the sanctions, before NK has finished the denuclearizing process(which has no timetable or verification standards outlined at all), that'd almost be like sending him planes full of cash for nothing....

If they keep their nukes and we send them planes full of cash I'll be the first to say Trump is an idiot

This is starting to look only half right.

@SBJJ just so you know if Trump does remove the sanctions, before NK has finished the denuclearizing process(which has no timetable or verification standards outlined at all), that'd almost be like sending him planes full of cash for nothing....

This is starting to look only half right.

If sanctions were lifted before denuclearization it would be stupid. See how that works. It's easy when u are not a partisan hack

If sanctions were lifted before denuclearization it would be stupid. See how that works. It's easy when u are not a partisan hack

So can you share your thoughts on that situation seeming to be exactly what NK state media is reporting?

For Moon? Agreed.

"Today, we meet at a point in time where it has become very clear that the strength of the American president, where he really saw to it that the sanctions against North Korea are respected, has opened new possibilities, opened new ways,” Merkel said during a joint press conference with Trump.

I think President Trump deserves big credit for bringing about the inter-Korean talks, and I want to show my gratitude,” he told reporters in Seoul. “It could be the result of US-led sanctions and pressure.”

But what the fuck do they know?

giphy.gif

"Donald Trump agreed to lift sanctions against North Korea along with providing it with security guarantees, the nation’s state news agency has claimed.

The Korean Central News Agency (KCNA), which also reported that Kim Jong-un had accepted an invitation to visit the White House, said Mr Trump had indicated he would lift sanctions along with ending military exercises with South Korea.

There was no independent confirmation of the claim and no immediate comment from the White House. On Wednesday, while Mr Trump had indicated he wanted to end “very provovative” war games, he said that sanctions would remain in place to exert “tremendous pressure”.

More follows...."

Lol. It wouldn't surprise me if Trump really said that in private in his usual flow of improvised lies, which he literally forgets 30 seconds later. These are two man-babies and we're one temper tantrum away from ending this "agreement."

What I know is that unless we try it the same we have been for decades it’ll never work
This is a fair point. So as I was with Obama, I'm tentatively supportive, but not at all optimistic.

They know that it's in the best interest of peace to appease the egos of the two opposing madmen. It's quite brilliantly humble.

Even you are aware that this wouldn't be happening if trump didn't take a risk and go for it. If he succeeds he gets the credit.

How about you just come to terms and accept that fact. Your loyalty to your team won't let you? Don't be sad, be happy that it may just happen

Last edited:
At the end of the day, Kim isn't going to give up his military ace (nukes) if he believes that this decision has even a 2% chance of deposing him as the leader. At the end of the day, he knows that he's a monster for what he's done to his own people, and so does everyone else. As the citizens of the DPRK catch wind of how bad they've had it, they're going to want to kill him like the Libyans did Gaddafi or the Iraqis did Saddam. He will demand stability for his regime until the dust settles, assuming a deal goes through at all.

Edit: I don't envision a future where we are able to depose of Kim, which would probably be what we all would want in an ideal world. Since that's off the table we are left with a few options: A) We have a more friendly, impotent Kim. B) Put Kim back in his box, isolating him from the rest of the world. Either the regime crumbles eventually (maybe not in Kim's lifetime), or something else significant happens that alters the political landscape.

Good post. Kim will never give up his nukes. He may say he did, but he won't. Kind of like the Israelis and their nukes. The few nukes NK has will be well hidden. Any movement done at night to prevent satellite photos. NK has atomic bombs only, no thermonuclear ones. That is a whole different technology which they are definitely years away from. Probably no more than 20 bombs at the 15 kiloton range. Rudimentary bombs, big, which means it will not fit on a missile or a plane.

I don't think the guy is in any danger of being deposed. It is a dynasty and he is considered to be 'godlike' to his people. Like the Japanese emperor after WWII. Remember that Mao Zedong killed 78,000,000 Chinese during the 'Cultural Revolution' from 1966 to 1976. Not an enemy or war, but his own people. The Chinese consider him a hero. The Soviet Union went through something similar with Stalin and he too was considered a hero.

Libya and Iraq would be doing fine if both Gaddafi and Saddam were alive today ruling their country. Both countries have gone to shit without their dictator. Democracy does not work in all cultures. We Americans have always failed to learn that. Brazil is another example of that also. The country has gone to shit in the last 40 years. The government is corrupt, the politicians are corrupt, and the culture is corrupt. Russia has also gone through its own problems after 'glasnost' and 'perestroika'. The culture has become corrupt and we now have Putin trying to bring his country and people back in line to the glory days of the old Soviet Union.

Kim should stay in power. NK without a strong leader will most likely default to what Libya and Iraq have become today. Some terrorist group will step in to fill the vacuum and control the nuclear weapons. A new NK that will spread its wings into terrorism (ISIS), hostage takeover, but still under the protection of their nuclear 'cloak'. Pakistan has so far managed to do ok (150 nukes), but I consider them more of a threat than a nuclear armed Iran or North Korea. A corrupt country, government, and culture. They run a nuclear 'black market' of sorts. Sale to the highest bidder.

We do not have the details of the agreement Trump and Kim signed. From what I understand it is vague, broad, and open to interpretation. Kim wants to move NK into the 21st century. The U.S. wants to get rid of any potential war with South Korea or use of nuclear weapons. I think both countries have gained something through the summit and the agreement. Too early to tell... Seems like the Trump, Kim and Rodman combination has worked. All three getting along with each other. I think Rodman has played a bigger part in this matter than most people give him credit for. I think Kim loved the idea of traveling outside of NK, I expect he will be doing more of that.

Last edited:
They know that it's in the best interest of peace to appease the egos of the two opposing madmen. It's quite brilliantly humble.

Every single time I think I've seen something I'd never see, I come into the War Room, and see something like the opinion of Merkel being quoted to bolster Trump.

Is everyone stupid and full of shit right up until the moment they say something positive about the man? So strange....

That's winning, 3 generations, my grandfather fought in the Korean War, I'm 38

Donald Trump could solve every problem in the world, and this lunatic left would still find a reason to hate him

Let's wait for him to solve 1 problem first.

If this "look at the economy" theme keeps up, the conservative party is gonna have to part with the religious right and rename itself "the capitalist party". Because apparently the only thing that matters is how much money they're personally making.

Even you are aware that this wouldn't be happening if trump didn't take a risk and go for it. If he succeeds he gets the credit.

How about you just come to terms and accept that fact. Your loyalty to your team won't let you? Don't be sad, be happy that it may just happen
You can strike the second paragraph. I'm not politically aligned on this topic and I invite you to check my posts in this thread for evidence of that. It's beneath at least me to draw from the well of banality on this, so hopefully you'll find that it's beneath you too.

To your point, I understand the consequentalist perspective on this, and I understand the draw to call "whatever worked" worthy of praise. And I reject that kind of thinking on nuclear conflict, whole-heartedly. Do you really suppose that the wisdom of future ages will be outlandishly brash mutual threats of nuclear annihilation in a contest of two volatile and autocratic egos? You couldn't strain the thickness of that through a hula hoop mesh.

If this "look at the economy" theme keeps up, the conservative party is gonna have to part with the religious right and rename itself "the capitalist party". Because apparently the only thing that matters is how much money they're personally making.

sign me up.

Back