Something Doesn't Add Up About Punk...

Off and on with Integrated MMA in Stafford and Fightcross Northlakes off and on. (Im a stay at home Da atm will start up again in a couple of years when Son is old enough to come along)

It is a small world (Brisbane) so more then likely man.
i went down to danny's gym years ago when kyle was training there, before he ever fought in ufc. there were basically only two or three good gyms in queensland back in those days, and integrated was one of them. my team competed against integrated on a number of occasions in the amateurs years ago, it used to be amusing as they were one of the only teams in aus that actually trained in wrestling. thankfully that has changed.

My grandad is 75 and just recently did a 120 mile cycling trip, and you're saying 39 is old, so old that you gas in 4 minutes?
Casual
my brother, i have only been here short time and have not reacted harshly to a statement yet. But i feel that I need to respond to this one in a stern way.

You cannot compare a cycling trip (whether it is 1 mile or 1000 miles) to an MMA fight. Sounds like you are the casual my brother.

my brother, i have only been here short time and have not reacted harshly to a statement yet. But i feel that I need to respond to this one in a stern way.

You cannot compare a cycling trip (whether it is 1 mile or 1000 miles) to an MMA fight. Sounds like you are the casual my brother.
I only have a sister.
Back on topic, you think swinging your arms a couple of times and shooting for a couple of take downs and clinches expends more energy than continuously cycling over various inclines for several hours?
If so, you're a complete idiot with no knowledge of the human body, calorie expenditure and production of ATP.

I only have a sister.
Back on topic, you think swinging your arms a couple of times and shooting for a couple of take downs and clinches expends more energy than continuously cycling over various inclines for several hours?
If so, you're a complete idiot with no knowledge of the human body, calorie expenditure and production of ATP.
My sister, there is no need for name calling. You explained that your granfather did a cycling trip. For all i know, it could have been a trip on flat land for 120 miles, my sister.

I've met a fair bit of older people who train also, and a lot of very uncoordinated younger folk. They can still develop a minimum of fundamentals with training, certainly far beyond what Punk showed. AT first I thought his hands were trash and he just did not know how to set up the takedown or move. But once he went for that guillotine and then got on the ground I was flabbergasted.

My hunch is that he didn't spar MMA rounds much, so he was really frozen and did not know what to do in an actual fight. He might do better in a pure BJJ match.

And I’ve seen totally committed people who train all the time and continue to suck. I’ve seen people who are killers in the gym totally freeze up or abandon their technique when participating in their first competitive bout.

I don’t have any hunches about the guy. Other than that his life before mma offers zero indication that even with training, he could become a capable cage fighter.

For fucks sake he throws punches like a 12 year old girl pitching a softball. This is 100% his coaches fault. Every time he throws that weak shit they should stop, remind him how to throw a punch, and then continue. Every time he does it, stop and correct his form. Eventually he'd get it right. I just think most coaches don't give enough of a shit to break their fighters bad habits. Punk is the worst I've seen, but there are many fighters with awful technique that makes me wonder wtf their coaches are doing.

My sister, there is no need for name calling. You explained that your granfather did a cycling trip. For all i know, it could have been a trip on flat land for 120 miles, my sister.
Thats 120 more than anything you've ever done, except bags of Cheetos maybe, nerd.

Thats 120 more than anything you've ever done, except bags of Cheetos maybe, nerd.
my brother or sister, or whatever you are. Have you ever tried to grapple, try to get off of a mat with an opponent all over you? For some reason I have hard time comparing cycling with an MMA match, but if you think cycling takes more stamina, then it must be. I bow down to you my brother, or whatever you are.

I only have a sister.
No, and that's not what causes people to gas. It's doing that against other peoples' body weight and momentum that causes you to gas. Shooting for a takedown is easy. Pushing for the takedown against an equally sized man pushing back against you is exhausting.

Your 75 year old grandfather rode a bike for 120 miles. How many miles would he have biked if there was a 25 year old athlete on steroids pushing another set of pedals in the opposite direction the entire way?

Last edited:
I've met a fair bit of older people who train also, and a lot of very uncoordinated younger folk. They can still develop a minimum of fundamentals with training, certainly far beyond what Punk showed. AT first I thought his hands were trash and he just did not know how to set up the takedown or move. But once he went for that guillotine and then got on the ground I was flabbergasted.

My hunch is that he didn't spar MMA rounds much, so he was really frozen and did not know what to do in an actual fight. He might do better in a pure BJJ match.

Did you ever post proof in here of your BJJ blue belt and three years of boxing or did you just ignore it and keep blabbing on.

For so many people to hate on Punk and want to see him gone, they sure do bring him up alot. Its like hes everything some of you ever wanted to be

Last edited:
No, and that's not what causes people to gas. It's doing that against other peoples' body weight and momentum that causes you to gas. Shooting for a takedown is easy. Pushing for the takedown against an equally sized man pushing back against you is exhausting.

Your 75 year old grandfather rode a bike for 120 miles. How many miles would he have biked if there was a 25 year old athlete on steroids pushing another set of pedals in the opposite direction the entire way?
Are you claiming MJ is on steroids?

<36>

For so many people to hate on Punk amd want to see him gone, they sure do bring him up alot. Its like hes everything some of you ever wanted to be
I actually want to see him fight again. Those last two times were hilarious. He can be a UFC court jester.

For fucks sake he throws punches like a 12 year old girl pitching a softball. This is 100% his coaches fault. Every time he throws that weak shit they should stop, remind him how to throw a punch, and then continue. Every time he does it, stop and correct his form. Eventually he'd get it right. I just think most coaches don't give enough of a shit to break their fighters bad habits. Punk is the worst I've seen, but there are many fighters with awful technique that makes me wonder wtf their coaches are doing.
lol at comparing brock taking punches from legit heavyweight killers to punk taking a punch from a part time guy with no wins

Whoever is throwing the punch Bork reacts poorly (you do know he in hard sparring hitting him was banned rofl) Bork has always reacted poorly to getting hit.

If you can’t understand the comparison boohoo to you.

Whoever is throwing the punch Bork reacts poorly (you do know he in hard sparring hitting him was banned rofl) Bork has always reacted poorly to getting hit.

If you can’t understand the comparison boohoo to you.
He reacted fine to hearing and Mir and couture. Not allowing hard sparring is smart, half these guys spar hard and get injured

Back