Another Reason to Hate Millennials - Rated Worst Tippers

No problem with this.
That's a standard. Granted, I go out and the server goes above and beyond I will flex on the percentage I do but I start at 15% for a sit down restaurant, 10% for delivery/take out. Going out for drinks is different for me though. I know like EVERY bartender in my town so I can almost always get a drink or two for free... in those instances I drop the cost of the drink I have (usually a well gin/tonic or Kentucky Mule) and then $5 into the tip jar, mostly cause I don't want them being nice people to jam them up with their managers when the tills get counted.

Tipping is fvcking stupid but I still tip though......I tip around five percent <DirkMavs>

This is why businesses cannot be trusted to run a society like they are in the USA.

America has a rip-off culture. The business owner has the right to try to rip you off and if you don’t do anything about it, that’s on you. (Culturally).

They can lie while they advertise for any product, sell you something addictive, do anything they want. If you get suckered in, you’re a sucker and they’re smart for fucking you. Happens with banks, big oil, everything. Unions were an OK counterbalance before they were taken over by gangsters. Plus a lot were run by lazy people with that rip off mentality. Now there’s really nothing between you and the vulture culture except your wits and your cock

Thanks to baby boomers

Which is why it blows my mind to hear people say insane things like "all regulation is wrong" and "let the free market regulate itself".

If we let the free market regulate itself there will be no long term profit for society.

Last edited:
That's a standard. Granted, I go out and the server goes above and beyond I will flex on the percentage I do but I start at 15% for a sit down restaurant, 10% for delivery/take out. Going out for drinks is different for me though. I know like EVERY bartender in my town so I can almost always get a drink or two for free... in those instances I drop the cost of the drink I have (usually a well gin/tonic or Kentucky Mule) and then $5 into the tip jar, mostly cause I don't want them being nice people to jam them up with their managers when the tills get counted.
You have to be an outright asshole to lose my tip. I dont drink much and dont know any bartenders, but I know money talks so I want the bartender to know they arent wasting their time waiting on me. But if theres a sour faced evilkneival expecting the worst of every social interaction, he may lose a dollar or two for his shitty service.

Which is why it blow my mind to hear people say insane things like "all regulation is wrong" and "let the free market regulate itself".

If we let the free market regulate itself there will be no long term profit for society.

Yeah exactly. Everything would be sucked dry for this quarter and dead by the next - because that’s how those systems operate. Suck as hard as you can for a quarter, breathe, report profits/losses, suck hard again - and on and on forever.

You'd rather take $2.50 plus the coerced generosity of strangers over a flat $15/hr wage for your work?

Smdh, and you wonder why people think y'all don't have any damn sense.
You are aware waiters only work 6 hour shifts.

Dude you straight up dont know wtf your talking about

You'd rather take $2.50 plus the coerced generosity of strangers over a flat $15 wage for your work?

Smdh, and you wonder why people think y'all don't have any damn sense.

I could easily make far more than $15/hr... and that was 20 years ago.

Which is critical, because restaurant shifts are short. Lunches are 2-4 hr shifts. Dinner around 4-5 hours.. maybe 6 hours if you're closing.

Due to my college schedule, I rarely worked double shifts, except maybe Friday. Most weeks, I worked about 20-25 hours per week. I still made enough money to pay for rent and most of my school tuition.

Any other questions? Like I said, you'd be fucking the servers if the tipping system was eliminated.

You have to be an outright asshole to lose my tip. I dont drink much and dont know any bartenders, but I know money talks so I want the bartender to know they arent wasting their time waiting on me. But if theres a sour faced evilkneival expecting the worst of every social interaction, he may lose a dollar or two for his shitty service.
I think in bars it's a tad different than restaurants as you can have an open tab all night that runs up to like $200 and then only tip $15.. but the guy that orders a single drink at a time and pays in cash but drops a $1 in every time is ultimately tipping more than the other dude is... percentage wise at least.

You are aware waiters only work 6 hour shifts.

Dude you straight up dont know wtf your talking about

You just said that waiters only work 6 hour shifts when I know waitresses that work 40+ hour weeks.

You were also the dumb dumb that thinks that tip percentages increased because DUH VALU OF DUH DOLAR INCREASD.

You should probably stab your own neck for all the Ls you're holding in this thread.

Im really stupid.

<NoneOfMy>

Stop the assertion that restaurants would raise prices, which would be bad for the customer, who is already paying more due to tipping. It's a silly argument to make.

And I'm a good tipper.
What do you know about restaurants?

Just curious, becuse ive owned one.
And worked in and managed dozens. I currently work in one of the most famous in a huge city.

I can just say for a fact they cant pay a waitstaff. This isnt a debate or an argument. Its just a fucking facf

What do you know about restaurants?

Just curious, becuse ive owned one.
And worked in and managed dozens. I currently work in one of the most famous in a huge city.

I can just say for a fact they cant pay a waitstaff. This isnt a debate or an argument. Its just a fucking facf
Serious question:

If one of your employees complains about tips, do you blame him or blame the customer?

Exactly. It's arbitrary as fuck.

When I came up, it was 15% as a hard and fast rule. Now if you're not paying a full quarter of your meal to the server, you're apparently a shithead. They can miss me with the entitlement.
You're turning into a libertarian, day by glorious day ;)

tenor.gif

This is why businesses cannot be trusted to run a society like they are in the USA.

America has a rip-off culture. The business owner has the right to try to rip you off and if you don’t do anything about it, that’s on you. (Culturally).

They can lie while they advertise for any product, sell you something addictive, do anything they want. If you get suckered in, you’re a sucker and they’re smart for fucking you. Happens with banks, big oil, everything. Unions were an OK counterbalance before they were taken over by gangsters. Plus a lot were run by lazy people with that rip off mentality. Now there’s really nothing between you and the vulture culture except your wits and your cock

Thanks to baby boomers
We live in a society where you really can't trust anyone but yourself. It's a damn shame, but that's the way it is.

You just said that waiters only work 6 hour shifts when I know waitresses that work 40+ hour weeks.

You were also the dumb dumb that thinks that tip percentages increased because DUH VALU OF DUH DOLAR INCREASD.

You should probably stab your own neck for all the Ls you're holding in this thread.

<NoneOfMy>
Oh cool you know a waiter, so that negates the fact that every restaurant in the country schedules servers for shifts under 8 hours

The cost of living has increased. This isnt a conspiracy to take your money. The sugggested tip increase reflects the dollars value and what it costs for these people to continue to provide you service

You can be smart. I wouldnt break bread with a cheapskate.

Ther

i never worked as a waiter, but i worked as a valet years ago for a hotel. and i relied very heavily on tips for that extra cash to help me get by.

so fucking tip if you are an asshole that doesn't. not only are you doing something good for someone who is working hard for it, but you'll end up getting better service, especially if you want to reuse that restaurant / bar one day.

oh shit, i just asked a forum full of 80% assholes to not be assholes. i may end up getting dubbed for that one.

Then put it on the back end of the food, that's not a good argument.

Fixed costs will always be preferable to the arbitrary ass nature of tipping, and nothing is going to change that.

Cry me a river, shame me about it, but your employer is stiffing the fuck out of you. They don't need us to play defense for their profit margins.

So now you have a choice and you'd prefer a system that took that choice away from you ? Math too difficult for you ? I think what's really going is that you want to be a cheap fuck without being judged by others for it , so you make up some silly argument that forcing you to subsidize the waitstaff is somehow superior to allowing you discretion.

The argument is really moot in your case anyhow , nobody sees you coming and expects more than the standard " $2 no matter what da bill is " anyhow.

i never worked as a waiter, but i worked as a valet years ago for a hotel. and i relied very heavily on tips for that extra cash to help me get by.

so fucking tip if you are an asshole that doesn't. not only are you doing something good for someone who is working hard for it, but you'll end up getting better service, especially if you want to reuse that restaurant / bar one day.

oh shit, i just asked a forum full of 80% assholes to not be assholes. i may end up getting dubbed for that one.
One of my soon to be roommates and a current coworker at the bar I work at part-time told me she is basically solely living on tips right now in an attempt to save money from the checks in her accounts.

You're turning into a libertarian, day by glorious day ;)

tenor.gif

I keep telling you guys i'm center left, but because I actually understand Communism (and care about accuracy) everyone thinks i'm super far left. All I can do is say it, i'm not in the business of changing minds.

<Fedor23>

Back